PDA

View Full Version : So who does the SEC send to the Sugar Bowl?

Bucky Dog
11-27-2016, 09:37 AM
I mean Tennessee is sitting there in Nashville only having to beat Vandy to get there, and they choke big time! I really have to question Butch Jones there now.

Florida loses to FSU and they are going to get blasted by Bama this week. No way they deserve to go.

If I'm the SEC and Sugar Bowl I would take LSU. Is that even their option? I was thinking they get the highest ranked team available but damn the rest of the SEC has been a disappointment.

Political Hack
11-27-2016, 09:43 AM
I mean Tennessee is sitting there in Nashville only having to beat Vandy to get there, and they choke big time! I really have to question Butch Jones there now.

Florida loses to FSU and they are going to get blasted by Bama this week. No way they deserve to go.

If I'm the SEC and Sugar Bowl I would take LSU. Is that even their option? I was thinking they get the highest ranked team available but damn the rest of the SEC has been a disappointment.

I'd take a west team if I was making the decision. Auburn or LSU.

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2016, 09:46 AM
LSU is the best team but I'm not sure how they can be chosen over Auburn & Florida since they lost to both

Spiderman
11-27-2016, 09:49 AM

I'd send LSU. I think they are the 2nd best, that Fla. game notwithstanding. Plus the storyline and crowd would be the best

Bucky Dog
11-27-2016, 10:08 AM
I'd send LSU. I think they are the 2nd best, that Fla. game notwithstanding. Plus the storyline and crowd would be the best

I agree. Are they obligated to take the highest ranked team available or can they choose the team if they can choose then LSU should get the nod.

msbulldog
11-27-2016, 10:32 AM
The SEC has been taking a big hand in bowl selections the last few years.

LC Dawg
11-27-2016, 10:37 AM
I think if the conference champion goes to the playoffs the Sugar Bowl has to take the highest ranked SEC team in the CFP rankings.

parabrave
11-27-2016, 10:39 AM
Well it's the highest ranked team in the standings not going to the playoffs. LSU should go though.

Spiderman
11-27-2016, 10:39 AM
I agree. Are they obligated to take the highest ranked team available or can they choose the team if they can choose then LSU should get the nod.

No idea

shannondawg
11-27-2016, 10:40 AM
Wouldn't they take in consideration, that out of town guests would be there longer if they took Auburn? After all it is all about dollars and cents.

Political Hack
11-27-2016, 10:46 AM

If the rules are still the same, they can take a team within 1 game of the top available team. The SEC office also has latitude to work with them. Nobody from Florida is traveling to the Sugar. LSU will pack it. Auburn would probably have a decent turn out too, but I think LSU is the best choice for the storyline. Florida can stay in FL for the Cap One or something. They need to stay close because their fans won't travel this year.

ScottH
11-27-2016, 11:09 AM
On SEC network this AM they said it's locked in to be highest ranked SEC team not in playoffs

By the graphic shown it appeared to be Auburn in the driver's seat.

LSU would have to go from unranked to ahead of Auburn who was 14 last week. Possible I guess but seems unlikely.

Bucky Dog
11-27-2016, 11:14 AM
On SEC network this AM they said it's locked in to be highest ranked SEC team not in playoffs

By the graphic shown it appeared to be Auburn in the driver's seat.

LSU would have to go from unranked to ahead of Auburn who was 14 last week. Possible I guess but seems unlikely.
And Auburn will get rolled by a Big 10 or 12 team!

Quaoarsking
11-27-2016, 11:29 AM
If the rules are still the same, they can take a team within 1 game of the top available team. The SEC office also has latitude to work with them. Nobody from Florida is traveling to the Sugar. LSU will pack it. Auburn would probably have a decent turn out too, but I think LSU is the best choice for the storyline. Florida can stay in FL for the Cap One or something. They need to stay close because their fans won't travel this year.

It's the highest ranked team in the final CFP rankings no matter what. No negotiation or consideration of any other factors.

Probably Florida if they play Alabama close, or Auburn if they don't.

chef dixon
11-27-2016, 11:38 AM
Odd year. No team is deserving from the SEC.

Dawgowar
11-27-2016, 12:33 PM
Should be the smartest and best damn 5-7 team in the land! MSU!

Pass the Kool-Aid.