PDA

View Full Version : Time to turn it around. Rah Rah

archdog
09-03-2013, 06:09 PM
Starting to think positive on the game next weekend. Everyone has been talking terrible about the offense and the play calling. Everyone understands we are not where we need to be in year 5 of mullen's tenure.

We understand it. Mullen understands it. This has to be the time we correct it. In two weeks there are no more excuses. Put up or shut up time.

Edited to add - Just like alchoholics have to reach rock bottom before they can put it back together, our team has reached rock bottom on offense.

CochiseCowbell
09-03-2013, 06:27 PM
How many times do we have to "reach rock bottom" though? Don't get me wrong, I'm still a Mullen supporter and I don't think all hope is lost. But, I'm barley holding onto hope due to the fact this looks like the end of last season, actually even worse, which looks like offense under Croom. In my mind it HAS to be play calling on offense. These guys can't be that awful.

godlluB
09-03-2013, 06:28 PM
I was at the Maine game. I have rock bottom covered.

mic
09-03-2013, 06:29 PM
I was at the Maine game. I have rock bottom covered.

Agreed..

ShotgunDawg
09-03-2013, 06:36 PM
Due to our current talent level, we are no where near the rock bottom that was the Croom era. No where near. Even if everything goes to hell and another coach comes in, he will have bowl level talent to work with from day 1

Coach34
09-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Meh, we have solved our defensive woes. That's a big step.

As you said- he has 2 weeks to solve some offensive woes. That's what he gets paid to do

CochiseCowbell
09-03-2013, 09:48 PM
Due to our current talent level, we are no where near the rock bottom that was the Croom era. No where near. Even if everything goes to hell and another coach comes in, he will have bowl level talent to work with from day 1

Which is why I assume it HAS to be coaching and play calling. Our D did all they could do. They held a team that usually puts up over 40 to 21. They got no support. I don't want to hear shit about first game jitters, mistakes, etc. It was their first game as well. I'm not calling for firings, or anything like that, I just want a damn explanation from....anyone involved, and I want steps to be taken to rectify the situation.