PDA

View Full Version : Severe weather threat looming Monday

starkvegasdawg
11-27-2016, 01:37 AM
SPC has introduced an enhanced risk for severe storms over much of northern and central LA and expanded the slight risk area for MS Monday afternoon and evening. This system will have a tornado threat and SPC is saying one or two may be strong. I think this should largely be confined to the enhanced area, but could leak over into the MS Delta region. Tornado threat will persist as long as the storms can stay discrete. Once they merge into a line the threat should transition into more of a straight line wind event.

http://i.imgur.com/vlK31Gs.jpg

starkvegasdawg
11-27-2016, 04:43 PM
While thinking is still keeping bulk of the severe threat around the Jackson area tomorrow, the NWS is not ruling it out for the 82 corridor. Here is their latest thinking.
From the NWS:

Have maintained a lower severe threat for now along the HWY
82 corridor, but if moisture transport is greater than anticipated,
this could change in a hurry with the threat increasing there.

RocketDawg
11-27-2016, 05:09 PM
Our NWS has issued a "high wind watch" starting at noon tomorrow with gusts up to 50 mph. Then lots of rain Monday night, clearing, then coming back Wednesday.

starkvegasdawg
11-27-2016, 05:17 PM
Our NWS has issued a "high wind watch" starting at noon tomorrow with gusts up to 50 mph. Then lots of rain Monday night, clearing, then coming back Wednesday.

Good times but might want to wait a few days to put up those yard inflatables.

defiantdog
11-27-2016, 05:31 PM
Why do droughts always end with a bang?

MetEdDawg
11-27-2016, 05:32 PM
Update: Expansion of the enhanced area further into MS and the slight risk now covers almost the entire state.

PassInterference
11-27-2016, 05:39 PM
Why do droughts always end with a bang?

Clash of dry drought air with humid air makes storms? Especially volitile during a change of seasons.

starkvegasdawg
11-27-2016, 05:45 PM
Looks like Tuesday night may be interesting, too.

RougeDawg
11-27-2016, 06:06 PM
Just need some rain, any rain. Put out one last batch of seeds in hopes that a small food plot will grow in for late season hunts.

BulldogBear
11-27-2016, 08:16 PM
Great, and I gotta go Natchez tomorrow.