PDA

View Full Version : We are ahead of Texas in APR rankings for 5-7 bowl teams

blacklistedbully
11-26-2016, 11:31 PM
From the NCAA:
"If two or more teams have a tie in the multiyear APR, then the highest APR for the most recent single year will break the tie. This process will continue until all the bowl slots are filled."

Texas and MSU have multi-year APR's of 971. But MSU's most recent year is 970, while Texas is at 968.

They cannot go ahead of us.

BeardoMSU
11-26-2016, 11:34 PM
From the NCAA:
"If two or more teams have a tie in the multiyear APR, then the highest APR for the most recent single year will break the tie. This process will continue until all the bowl slots are filled."

Texas and MSU have multi-year APR's of 971. But MSU's most recent year is 970, while Texas is at 968.

Good stuff, man.

ShotgunDawg
11-26-2016, 11:35 PM
We going bowling baby

Damn Mullen is going to keep that streak alive. Unreal & this is the worst team we should have for some time.

Statecoachingblows**
11-26-2016, 11:37 PM
Be sure to let every preseason #12 fan you know the time,day, and channel.

TrapGame
11-26-2016, 11:41 PM
Holy Hell!

I can't wait to taste the red and blue tears over that!

msudawg1200
11-26-2016, 11:44 PM
From the NCAA:

I see the same APR scores as you, but their is some goober called Samuel Chi(@theplayoffguru) on Twitter who says Texas is in because their single year APR is ahead of us 995-963. I don't know where the hell he's getting this from, and I don't post on Twitter to ask. If some of you do Twitter you might want to ask.

Delmar
11-26-2016, 11:53 PM
I see the same APR scores as you, but their is some goober called Samuel Chi(@theplayoffguru) on Twitter who says Texas is in because their single year APR is ahead of us 995-963. I don't know where the hell he's getting this from, and I don't post on Twitter to ask. If some of you do Twitter you might want to ask.

I'm looking here: http://web1.ncaa.org/maps/aprRelease.jsp

Looks like blacklistedbully has it right as far as I can tell.

MarketingBully
11-26-2016, 11:57 PM
Yeah how the hell the guy said they had a 990+ APR for Texas should have told him he was looking in the wrong spot. I think you guys are correct. Of course it is Twitter so I wouldn't believe a guy like that.

Quaoarsking
11-27-2016, 12:15 AM
Collegefootballnews.com has us playing in the Las Vegas Bowl against Wyoming

http://collegefootballnews.com/2016/college-football-playoff-bowl-projections-week-13

Quaoarsking
11-27-2016, 12:20 AM
Not to get ahead of ourselves, but Google Flights has a $187 round trip, non-stop New Orleans-Las Vegas flight leaving on Friday Dec. 16 and returning Sunday Dec. 18.

blacklistedbully
11-27-2016, 12:44 AM

Looks like he's now admitting he was wrong. Us in before Texas. He was looking at the multi-yr through 2015 as a tie, then going to 2013-2014 instead of looking at single-year 2014-2015. And even then, I think he still screwed up by looking at baseball's APR instead of football.

Statefan
11-27-2016, 01:05 AM
So far looking at bowl projections on twitter I've seen two sites that updated their projections today and both had us in:

Las Vegas Bowl vs Wyoming
St. Petersburg Bowl vs Tulsa

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
11-27-2016, 06:20 AM
Welp I'm going to My 7th bowl game in a row then!! HAILSTATE!!

Jack Lambert
11-27-2016, 08:32 AM
Yeah how the hell the guy said they had a 990+ APR for Texas should have told him he was looking in the wrong spot. I think you guys are correct. Of course it is Twitter so I wouldn't believe a guy like that.

Genetics. His parents are 1st cousins.

Jack Lambert
11-27-2016, 08:37 AM
Collegefootballnews.com has us playing in the Las Vegas Bowl against Wyoming

http://collegefootballnews.com/2016/college-football-playoff-bowl-projections-week-13

I saw one that has us in the Armed Forces bowl playing Navy.

IMissJack
11-27-2016, 08:50 AM

Yikes, triple option nightmare.

GreenheadDawg
11-27-2016, 09:35 AM

Please God no. That would be bad

Quaoarsking
11-27-2016, 09:49 AM
Looks like Armed Forces Bowl vs. Navy and Las Vegas Bowl vs. MWC Champion are the slots that will have to take the 5-7 teams. (Us and North Texas)

If UL-Lafayette or South Alabama lose next week, it would open up a Sun Belt bid or 2: Cure (Orlando), Dollar General (Mobile), New Orleans, Arizona, Camellia (Montgomery)

CadaverDawg
11-27-2016, 09:52 AM
Looks like Armed Forces Bowl vs. Navy and Las Vegas Bowl vs. MWC Champion are the slots that will have to take the 5-7 teams. (Us and North Texas)

If UL-Lafayette or South Alabama lose next week, it would open up a Sun Belt bid or 2: Cure (Orlando), Dollar General (Mobile), New Orleans, Arizona, Camellia (Montgomery)

What if they send us to New Orleans to play USM if ULL loses next week?

msstate7
11-27-2016, 09:54 AM
What if they send us to New Orleans to play USM if ULL loses next week?

I would be so happy... i might walk there to see it

blacklistedbully
11-27-2016, 12:28 PM
Please God no. That would be bad

My initial thought as well. But then I got to thinking...maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing to face a team that doesn't pass much. We have athletes that can get in position and run to the ball...we just don't tackle well. If we got all that time to work on getting in position & tackling...it might well be a good thing for us.

We'd be back in a 4-3 front, just with our LB's lined up differently. Our LB's are good enough to handle the adjustment. We have the D-line personnel to clog up the middle, taking away the fullback dive and keeping their o-linemen off our LB's if they can learn their block-down-step-down technique, how to deal with cut-blocks, and maintain discipline.

If we can get our D-line to maintain discipline & clock up the middle, then get our athletic LB's to understand their roles and make the tackle, we're well on our way. Db's are a little scary, as they'd have to learn a new role, as well, and communicate...NO BLOWN ASSIGNMENTS. But with all that time to prepare and less concern for the passing game, I like the potential with our athletes.

Bothrops
11-27-2016, 12:53 PM
The fact that Montgomery has a bowl is absolutely preposterous.

GTHOM
11-27-2016, 01:01 PM
The Dollar General Bowl HAHAHAHAH

RocketDawg
11-27-2016, 01:05 PM
What's the Bears' APR?

msudawg1200
11-27-2016, 01:14 PM
What's the Bears' APR?

Way down the line. I think it's like 956. We kicked their arse at that too.