PDA

View Full Version : Vandy- Derrick Mason

DownwardDawg
11-26-2016, 11:02 PM
I was wrong about him. I thought he may be the worst coach ever in the NCAA. He has Vandy playing inspired football this year.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
11-26-2016, 11:03 PM
Mason and Vandy doin' work tonight just like they did last week.

chisaintdog3
11-27-2016, 12:02 AM
Good for him. Seems like a great guy.

archdog
11-27-2016, 12:35 AM
It has to be hard at Vandy. Good for him and Stoops. Hell of a season for those two guys.

Goldendawg
11-27-2016, 12:46 AM
I thought earlier in his tenure that he was their Croom, guess I was wrong too. Can he sustain or improve at Vandy? Time will tell. P.S. Tn more over hyped than Hillary.

dawgday166
11-27-2016, 01:11 AM
I never did understand why folks on here were down on him so hard so early in his program development. I saw signs they were starting to good some good things last year. Just couldn't get over the hump. I like Mason.

Dawg61
11-27-2016, 09:05 AM
Good for him. Seems like a great guy.

Bullshit, dude is totally classless. Did you see him the last HOUR of the game last night? He was way over the top with his celebrating/dancing for literally an hour straight.

Jack Lambert
11-27-2016, 09:23 AM
I was wrong about him. I thought he may be the worst coach ever in the NCAA. He has Vandy playing inspired football this year.

He will move on to bigger job.

Bully13
11-27-2016, 10:09 AM
Bullshit, dude is totally classless. Did you see him the last HOUR of the game last night? He was way over the top with his celebrating/dancing for literally an hour straight.

He did go over the top but he was just overwhelmed with emotion. If he continues to be a good HC, I think he will learn how to curtail that. Don't care much for their fans as they are overall an insufferable bunch when winning, but I have a hard time not liking Mason.

chisaintdog3
11-27-2016, 06:17 PM

If Mullen did that after an Egg Bowl win would you call that classless?

Dawg61
11-27-2016, 10:30 PM
If Mullen did that after an Egg Bowl win would you call that classless?

Absolutely and Mullen would be in a shitload of trouble for it too. I'm tired of the double standard in this country. Mason acted like a total jackass last night.

Turfdawg67
11-27-2016, 10:36 PM
Absolutely and Mullen would be in a shitload of trouble for it too. I'm tired of the double standard in this country. Mason acted like a total jackass last night.

What double standard? Are you saying that people would be upset if a white coach danced like that but we give Mason a pass because he's black?? I thought it was awesome and color never entered my mind. Funny how the ones that think there are double standards are the ones that see color first.

Dallas_Dawg
11-27-2016, 10:40 PM
Sorry to be grammar police, but Derek Mason is the coach at Vandy.
Derrick Mason was the WR for the Tennessee Titans/Houston Oilers during the McNair years
The Nashville connection is funny though.

bulldawg28
11-27-2016, 10:42 PM

Celebrating is not classless. It's no different than Malzalhn doing his rara fist pump. People try to dictate, categorize, and attempt for everyone to act, look, and be the same. It was awesome he was who he was. You try losing on your job,on the verge of being fired, and finally have a breakthrough and see how you act. The s*** was awesome this is 2016 not 1950

Ari Gold
11-27-2016, 11:17 PM
I didn't see what he did, but Unless DMason pulled out his cock and Did pelvis thrusts toward the Tenn sidelines it was cool by me. DMason just got Vandy to 6 wins , saved his job, and beat Tenn and UGA in the same year.. I would be shocked if Vandy has ever done that before
Plus its Tennesse and one of the most over rated and over paid coaches in the country
The jackass and classless of those 2 coaches wears the orange and white..

Commercecomet24
11-27-2016, 11:56 PM
I didn't see what he did, but Unless DMason pulled out his cock and Did pelvis thrusts toward the Tenn sidelines it was cool by me. DMason just got Vandy to 6 wins , saved his job, and beat Tenn and UGA in the same year.. I would be shocked if Vandy has ever done that before
Plus its Tennesse and one of the most over rated and over paid coaches in the country

Agree 100%!

ScottH
11-28-2016, 12:13 AM

I agree.

I saw it. Was it atypical? Sure. But I enjoyed seeing someone being themselves and not restrained. The guy and his team were ecstatic.

Hell he just led Vandy to back to back wins over UM and Tenn while at the same time getting bowl eligible.