PDA

View Full Version : To the whole MSU team an apology......

Liverpooldawg
11-26-2016, 10:08 PM
I've bashed you, personally and as a whole all year. What I have seen the last month has been nothing short of amazing. As Winston Churchill said, NEVER, EVER , EVER, give up. I'm afraid I did. You guys never did. HATS OFF and HAIL STATE!

msbulldog
11-26-2016, 10:09 PM
Great post.

Tbonewannabe
11-26-2016, 10:20 PM
I've bashed you, personally and as a whole all year. What I have seen the last month has been nothing short of amazing. As Winston Churchill said, NEVER, EVER , EVER, give up. I'm afraid I did. You guys never did. HATS OFF and HAIL STATE!

Ditto. These guys got knocked down a lot but it shows great character to keep getting back up. Proud of this team.

Turfdawg67
11-26-2016, 10:30 PM

YOU, my friend don't need to apologize... however, there are a lot of (non present today) "fans" that do!!

Liverpooldawg
11-26-2016, 10:31 PM
YOU, my friend don't need to apologize... however, there are a lot of (non present today) "fans" that do!!

I've been too hard on them too. Thanks though. I do try.

Turfdawg67
11-26-2016, 10:36 PM
I've been too hard on them too. Thanks though. I do try.

Your welcome... From one sunshine pumper to another.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2016, 10:42 PM
This team has fought through adversity and overcome. A lot of people said Dan had quit on us and the team had quit on him. Well that's not true, the only way to fight through the adversity they've faced this year and come out of it is if you're unified and that comes from the top! Great job players and coaches!

GreenheadDawg
11-26-2016, 10:57 PM
I think most on this board has been hard on the team and Mullen, I've been one of the worst. Hell of a performance today. I'm really hoping Mullen has a renewed passion, if so I hope he sticks around for a while.

BrunswickDawg
11-26-2016, 11:08 PM
Yeah he does - he went full retard in one game thread this season.

Liverpooldawg
11-26-2016, 11:15 PM
Yeah he does - he went full retard in one game thread this season.

I probably did, but refresh my memory, which one was it? I'd say South Alabama because of what I said about Fitz. Just interested to hear what one of my NON-sunshine pumper brothers would say.

Liverpooldawg
11-26-2016, 11:17 PM
I probably did, but refresh my memory, which one was it? I'd say South Alabama because of what I said about Fitz. Just interested to hear what one of my NON-sunshine pumper brothers would say.

As for the GAME thread for that one, I didn't participate, I was there.

BrunswickDawg
11-26-2016, 11:31 PM
It was later - maybe UMass? All I remember was you went full bench Fitz and I called you out. Water under bridge at this point. Good day for us all round - YNWA!

BayouDawg
11-26-2016, 11:39 PM
I think we're witnessing a birth by fire with this team. This season wasn't pretty and at times it was downright fugly. I think this team will come out stronger after this season. I also think after the '14 season Dan had to learn how to handle success. He made some mistakes and I think he learns from them and improves.

Goldendawg
11-26-2016, 11:40 PM
I have questioned some of our players being SEC caliber this year and been accused of being too negative after some losses and non-playing time for some guys I thought should be getting reps, but there were a lot of posts about one of our LB's and even his family that should have never been posted even if in poor humor. This was done repeatedly during the in game thread the first half. My personal opinion even if these were posted "during the heat of the game". I mentioned several of the in-game posts were pretty harsh.

Liverpooldawg
11-26-2016, 11:45 PM
It was later - maybe UMass? All I remember was you went full bench Fitz and I called you out. Water under bridge at this point. Good day for us all round - YNWA!

I did, and I admit I was wrong. The fire Mullen crowd won't. Fitz STILL ain't the finished product but he is a hell of a lot closer to it now than he was. UM ain't the real test there, their defense is worse than ours. His passing is NOT SEC caliber yet. I should have known Mullen would get him there enough to beat the cheaters though. The QB whisperer will take him even farther, IF we will let him.

archdog
11-26-2016, 11:52 PM
Booger McFarland looks exactly like Bald Bull.

Goldendawg
11-26-2016, 11:56 PM
Hey, I'll admit I posted fire Dan here, but only if he had really checked out. Today was great for us, great to have the Egg back, but room for positive change for 2017 and total dedication from all of MSU nation. Was still a very rough season, but today brings more hope for 2017, with the right pieces in place at all levels in our program. Hail State!

MarketingBully
11-27-2016, 12:02 AM
Yeah, I think we all owe the team an apology if you are going by game threads. We have all downed them especially the defense. They played awesome and was the best Egg Bowl I have seen in my lifetime. We really took it to them in Oxford and it was an impressive bad ass win! I will also like to say to Random you are correct Matt Jones err Nick Fitz will be our QB next year no question day 1! :). It's a great day to be a Bulldog and we have come full circle this year from South Alabama to crushing Ole Miss!

TimberBeast
11-27-2016, 12:11 AM
I've said repeatedly that the players aren't the problem and never were. It was Mullen all along and still is, I still hope he's shopping himself around. Does the win today cancel out South Alabama, Kentucky, and BYU? The only person that should be apologizing to anyone is Mullen to his players and fans.

Goldendawg
11-27-2016, 12:19 AM
Great to beat a bad UNM team today, but still shouldn't have taken so many games to run somebody else up the middle among other questionable personnel decisions this year. I am for fifty plus years True Maroon and will die that way. I expect all associated to MSU to be the same or move on, if best for you. Takes love and guts to be a State fan. Hail State! (USA, BYU, and Ky still tough to take. Just don't repeat in the future!).

Liverpooldawg
11-27-2016, 12:40 AM
I've said repeatedly that the players aren't the problem and never were. It was Mullen all along and still is, I still hope he's shopping himself around. Does the win today cancel out South Alabama, Kentucky, and BYU? The only person that should be apologizing to anyone is Mullen to his players and fans.

Always with the negative, even after handing THEM their heads the worst whipping we have handed THEM since 1916. GO TO HEL OLE MISS. Some of the moles just can't do it.

I seen it dawg
11-27-2016, 12:45 AM
**** apologies. Play with shit effort coach with shit effort get treated like shit. Play with great effort and coach somewhat like it should be done then kudos. Great win today. No,it was an absolute asswhipping. Good job all around.

One win doesn't erase everything but it feels good tonite.

Goldendawg
11-27-2016, 12:53 AM
Always great to beat UNM, but we shouldn't be 5 -7, much of the 7 self-inflicted. Now make needed changes and don't repeat the mistakes of this year in 2017. Hail State!

dawgday166
11-27-2016, 01:05 AM

First I will say I'm (in a very low key manner) basking in the afterglow of victory against the Webs.

Second ... I also am very aware we stomped a team that is very bad to begin with. But we stomped them just like we should.

Third .. I agree with this post except with hoping Dan is shopping. If he does the old school offseason then I'm all for it.

I'm back to somewhat hopeful for next year (I fell off the somewhat hopeful wagon after Arky). I may turn into cautiously optimistic after 3 or 4 games next year.

dawgday166
11-27-2016, 01:06 AM
**** apologies. Play with shit effort coach with shit effort get treated like shit. Play with great effort and coach somewhat like it should be done then kudos. Great win today. No,it was an absolute asswhipping. Good job all around.

One win doesn't erase everything but it feels good tonite.

Agree 100% on this post.

Dawgface
11-27-2016, 08:35 AM
Yesterday was such a glorious day. I met my nephew and other family members at his hunting camp in AL for the afternoon. I figured there would be no tv for the Egg bowl and was prepared to just watch the Iron bowl. But they had 2 tv's set up and had our game on too. Lot's of AU/AL fans and friends there. The Iron bowl went pretty much as expected with not much excitement to it. But the Egg caught everyone's eye and most were pulling for State. There was 1 OM fan/grad there and he headed to a deer stand when the score was 27-10. Victories in the Egg bowl are always sweet, but especially so when you win as an underdog on their field.