PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow at MSU?

CadaverDawg
09-03-2013, 04:45 PM
I totally stole this from SPS, but Cookie actually made a good thread.

If Tim Tebow were done trying to make it as a QB, would you be interested in us hiring him onto our coaching staff if he wanted to join?

I say HELL YES. He is one of the greatest college players ever, and he could teach our dual threat QB's a ton and be an incredible inspirational coach and recruiter. The media attention would also be good exposure for Mississippi State, and I think it would be a total win/win.

Thoughts?

Goat Holder
09-03-2013, 04:46 PM
Talk about countering Freeze's preaching, ha, think we'd take the upper-hand in that regard

msstate7
09-03-2013, 04:49 PM
Love the idea, but if he joins a staff I think it'll be Ohio state with urban or Florida. If we have a chance though, jump on it

maroonmania
09-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Sorry, can't help but laugh because this reminds me of the old Dan Marino being hired as a QB coach threads back in the JWS days. Never happened back then and I highly doubt a Tebow hire would ever happen with Mullen. For starters who even has a clue that Tebow would be interesting in a coaching profession?

CadaverDawg
09-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Sorry, can't help but laugh because this reminds me of the old Dan Marino being hired as a QB coach threads back in the JWS days. Never happened back then and I highly doubt a Tebow hire would ever happen with Mullen. For starters who even has a clue that Tebow would be interesting in a coaching profession?

I said "if he were done with trying to play QB, and if he wanted to join".....far from saying it would ever be possible. Just hypothetically speaking, and for fun to discuss

msstate7
09-03-2013, 04:59 PM

I saw tim at old waverly**

Quaoarsking
09-03-2013, 05:16 PM

Tim Tebow and Dan Mullen are best buddies. They used to always do Thanksgiving together and stuff like that.

I have no idea if Tebow would be interested, but if he were going to be a college GA -> QB coach, Dan Mullen would probably be his preferred HC to work under.

And if he ever did become our QB coach, there would be no excuse not to sign a 4-5 star mobile QB every year.

CadaverDawg
09-03-2013, 05:23 PM
Tim Tebow and Dan Mullen are best buddies. They used to always do Thanksgiving together and stuff like that.

I have no idea if Tebow would be interested, but if he were going to be a college GA -> QB coach, Dan Mullen would probably be his preferred HC to work under.

And if he ever did become our QB coach, there would be no excuse not to sign a 4-5 star mobile QB every year.

I agree

CochiseCowbell
09-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Is that Gul Dukat? Are you keeping up with the Cardassians?

State82
09-03-2013, 05:41 PM
I totally stole this from SPS, but Cookie actually made a good thread.

If Tim Tebow were done trying to make it as a QB, would you be interested in us hiring him onto our coaching staff if he wanted to join?

I say HELL YES. He is one of the greatest college players ever, and he could teach our dual threat QB's a ton and be an incredible inspirational coach and recruiter. The media attention would also be good exposure for Mississippi State, and I think it would be a total win/win.

Thoughts?

If Tebow was, in fact, interested in getting into coaching, I would absolutely be interested in him. No doubt.

WeWillScrewItUp
09-03-2013, 06:18 PM
I'm not sure if he would make a good coach or not but I do believe he would be an unbelievable recruiter.

Todd4State
09-03-2013, 06:28 PM
He wouldn't be any worse than Sallach as far as usefulness.

M.Fillmore
09-03-2013, 08:31 PM
It would take the rebs about five minutes to call Tebow a ScienMormonJehovahWhiteMuslim.

msstate7
09-03-2013, 08:34 PM
It would take the rebs about five minutes to call Tebow a ScienMormonJehovahWhiteMuslim.

It would start a holy war for sure.

deltadawg99
09-03-2013, 08:55 PM
In a heartbeat. Tons of reasons to take him and zero reasons not to.

Of course this would depend on if he was interested in coaching and if he would be interested in getting back with Dan.

Until then I'll put this in the "I saw Marino and Spurrier at Old Waverly" file.

Todd4State
09-03-2013, 09:49 PM
It would start a holy war for sure.

I like our odds in that one.

deltadawg99
09-04-2013, 09:22 AM
He would also probably be the only person that Dan would listen to in regard to play calling. Just sayin

angusyoung
09-04-2013, 09:28 AM
Tebow jump pass every other play.

Seriously, this thread is retarded.

Bill Payer
09-04-2013, 03:09 PM
Passing through Starkville and noticed a pretty nice jet coming in. Tebow or Petrino?

PendingTransaction
09-04-2013, 03:29 PM
We could give hIm one of those newly created position for support personnel. But he doesn't need to coach anything.

The Croom Diaries
09-04-2013, 07:59 PM
I'd like to have him for the motivational speeches. Maybe he could be a pump up speech coach for Mullen. Anything to help from his current speeches that have the players falling asleep from him saying the same thing for the 368975478th time.

Todd4State
09-04-2013, 08:02 PM
I'd like to have him for the motivational speeches. Maybe he could be a pump up speech coach for Mullen. Anything to help from his current speeches that have the players falling asleep from him saying the same thing for the 368975478th time.

He might be able to get us Gameday in Starkville. Or at least Skip Bayless reporting live from Starkville.

RougeDawg
09-05-2013, 12:08 AM

I prefer these threads, over the sky is falling ones we've had the past 5 days.

Quaoarsking
09-05-2013, 06:50 AM

How so? Do you deny that Tebow will probably become a coach one day? He sure seems to have the personality for it...

And if he does become a coach, it's at least plausible that he'd want to come work for his best friend in the entire world. Not a guarantee or anything, but possible enough to discuss.

Political Hack
09-05-2013, 07:38 AM
Favre is going to come be Croom's QB coach.

Marino is going to come be Jackie's QB coach.

Tebow is going to come be CDM's QB coach.

All half plausible with zero chance of it happening in reality (would be awesome to be wrong on Tebow).

PassInterference
09-05-2013, 07:42 AM
Favre stiffed us for Oak Grove high school.