PDA

View Full Version : We lost

msstate7
09-03-2013, 03:51 PM
We should be used to it. I'm not happy about the way we performed but geez...this is ridiculous. It seems our entire fanbase is a bunch of crybaby quitters right now. Watching the first quarter Saturday I was beyond pumped up. We looked really good offensively and defensively so all hope isn't lost. I for one think we're gonna win the next 3 and turn this season around. I don't see us having a special season, but we'll get 6 or 7 wins. No need for the funeral

bocfarm
09-03-2013, 03:56 PM
We've def overeacted but no chance we win 7...6 isn't probable. I wouldn't be shocked to see us lose 1 of 2 from Troy or BG

Until we make an OC and/or HC change we're cellar dwellars

CadaverDawg
09-03-2013, 03:59 PM
We've def overeacted but no chance we win 7...6 isn't probable. I wouldn't be shocked to see us lose 1 of 2 from Troy or BG

Until we make an OC and/or HC change we're cellar dwellars

Yea bc Dan usually loses to teams he should beat***

Ridiculous

MarketingBully01
09-03-2013, 04:05 PM
Really, you got that from the first game? Which if we don't have a holding call and a false start and a few other step on the toes first game mistakes the game ends up 21-17. I think we all would have a different outlook had that happened. Morrow's holding penalty really screwed us as that would have made it first and goal on that first drive with a great chance of us getting a TD there. That would have been a huge momentum swing and made OSU press. But I digress. I will say it again. OSU more then likely will be undefeated at the end of the season. It's not like we played Troy or BG and scored 3. You guys need to stop this defeatist attitude. I am thinking that odds are good we are 3-1 heading into LSU. And then what will our fans find to bitch about.

Political Hack
09-03-2013, 04:08 PM
No bitching until Auburn.

The time for bitching about the OSU game was before the game, when it was scheduled.

bocfarm
09-03-2013, 04:11 PM
Really, you got that from the first game? Which if we don't have a holding call and a false start and a few other step on the toes first game mistakes the game ends up 21-17. I think we all would have a different outlook had that happened. Morrow's holding penalty really screwed us as that would have made it first and goal on that first drive with a great chance of us getting a TD there. That would have been a huge momentum swing and made OSU press. But I digress. I will say it again. OSU more then likely will be undefeated at the end of the season. It's not like we played Troy or BG and scored 3. You guys need to stop this defeatist attitude. I am thinking that odds are good we are 3-1 heading into LSU. And then what will our fans find to bitch about.

First off, ther'es a whole lot of "if's" in that statement and unfortunately they don't matter bc it didn't happen that way. Second, yes I got that from the first game...it's all I have to go on. We were 12.5% (2-16) on 3rd down conversions and a handful of those were short yardage. Unless playcalling and execution on offense changes I can't see us beating anyone outside of Troy, BG, ASU and KY. Unfortunately our swing games are in very difficult places to play.

AROB44
09-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Everyone has to hope that Dan likes getting 2.3 mil per year. If things don't get better, he won't be getting that one day and his prospects of EVER getting that much will be gone forever. We are not a stepping stone. I have got to believe that he can and will fix this. If he cann't....well the average tenure of a coach here is 6 years (excluding Jackie, of course)

CadaverDawg
09-03-2013, 04:24 PM
First off, ther'es a whole lot of "if's" in that statement and unfortunately they don't matter bc it didn't happen that way. Second, yes I got that from the first game...it's all I have to go on. We were 12.5% (2-16) on 3rd down conversions and a handful of those were short yardage. Unless playcalling and execution on offense changes I can't see us beating anyone outside of Troy, BG, ASU and KY. Unfortunately our swing games are in very difficult places to play.

Starkville is a difficult place for us to play? We play Ole Miss at home but you failed to mention them. Why?

bocfarm
09-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Starkville is a difficult place for us to play? We play Ole Miss at home but you failed to mention them. Why?

Got to see more games before predicting that one....based on the first one OM would definitely be favored if the game was this weekend. Again, alot can change and hopefully it does.

maroonmania
09-03-2013, 04:27 PM
No bitching until Auburn.

The time for bitching about the OSU game was before the game, when it was scheduled.

I'm with that. I'm not saying a whole lot more until I see what happens at Auburn. I still stand by the fact though that if we don't beat Auburn you can pretty much stick a fork in the season as far as bowling goes.