PDA

View Full Version : The GREAT news from the Oklahoma State game

cheewgumm
09-03-2013, 02:09 PM
We were as talented as they were.

This is not a minor thing. I would say I have been mildly disappointed with our recruiting over the past 5 yrs or so, but it turns out we had the players to beat who some are saying will play for the national championship.

So, the ball is clearly in Dan's court to turn a talented bunch into a winning team.

We have the talent in my opion to beat:

Ok State - Lost
Alcorn
Auburn
Troy
Bowlling Green
Kentucky
Arkansas
Ole Miss

WE can play with (from a talent perspective)
LSU
South Carolina
A&M

NOT
Bama

I think it is a very simple formula. Trust. Dan has to trust people we have recruited to make plays. So, put it in their hands and lets see what happens. There is NOTHING TO LOSE.

Goat Holder
09-03-2013, 02:13 PM
I disagree on that. I thought they looked a notch better than us, talent wise.

msstate7
09-03-2013, 02:20 PM

I disagree. The difference was gundy's offensive coaching vs mullen's. If you flip offensive coaches, we win.

Political Hack
09-03-2013, 02:21 PM
I think LSU is just as talented as Bama in the trenches and defensively.

ShotgunDawg
09-03-2013, 02:23 PM

YOu are incorrect sir, they may have been more talented and experienced at certain positions, but, in the NFL, there will be more players that wore maroon in that game than orange.

Thats what makes this whole thing so frustrating, but I'm fairly positive we had more talent on the field. They had more talent on the sideline in visors.

HancockCountyDog
09-03-2013, 02:32 PM
YOu are incorrect sir, they may have been more talented and experienced at certain positions, but, in the NFL, there will be more players that wore maroon in that game than orange.

Thats what makes this whole thing so frustrating, but I'm fairly positive we had more talent on the field. They had more talent on the sideline in visors.

I totally agree. Heading into the game, Coach said they were overrated, and based on what I saw on the field, he was completely right. Their offense wasn't great, and their defense was getting gashed until we decided to call the same play 14 times.

SignalToNoise
09-03-2013, 02:32 PM

At the absolute worst, it looked like a push to me.

Bothrops
09-03-2013, 02:34 PM
It's pretty close if you look at both rosters from top to bottom. I would give us a slight edge overall, in terms of talent. The difference is, they have an offense that works, the brains at the top to relay those schemes into action, and the right personnel in place to execute at a high enough level to win.

Behrdawg
09-03-2013, 02:53 PM
We won't touch Bama, LSU, A&M, or SC

chef dixon
09-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Talking about talent is such a great coping mechanism.

bocfarm
09-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Aub is the next measuring stick if we lose that one our ship has sailed with Mullen and unfortunately we're stuck on the boat with him. At least for a while.

Win and we could very well salvage what seems at present a rough yr.

It's literally that big of a game

PassInterference
09-03-2013, 11:09 PM
I think LSU is just as talented as Bama in the trenches and defensively.

I didn't watch the LSU game.

How they hell are they good after losing so many JRs?

msstate7
09-04-2013, 06:22 AM
I didn't watch the LSU game.

How they hell are they good after losing so many JRs?

They recruit on the same level as bama. My brother-in-law is big lsu guy and he told me they were gonna be better this year bc all those talented juniors were lazy. Remember in our game with lsu how TR wasn't getting an pressure and then when we were driving at the end they got 2 sacks in a row? Those juniors took way too many plays off last year. Zach M looks much improved. Lsu and USCe were the most impressive sec teams to me last week

messageboardsuperhero
09-04-2013, 07:13 AM
I agree that we had just as much talent as OK State, but there's no way in hell they're playing for a national championship. I don't care what some guys on ESPN say about them.

OK State would get smoked by Bama, A&M, USCe, LSU, Georgia, etc. Based on what I saw Saturday, they wouldn't be a top program if they were in the SEC.

Johnson85
09-04-2013, 07:34 AM
I agree that we had just as much talent as OK State, but there's no way in hell they're playing for a national championship. I don't care what some guys on ESPN say about them.

OK State would get smoked by Bama, A&M, USCe, LSU, Georgia, etc. Based on what I saw Saturday, they wouldn't be a top program if they were in the SEC.

^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I was confused as to why an 8-5 team from last year was getting so much hype, and it isn't any clearer. They would be middle tier of the SEC. We are talented by Non-SEC standards. I'd say our only glaring weakness is at wide receiver. Our O-Line isn't great, but it works well as a unit. Otherwise, we are pretty solid everywhere. It's just that most teams in the SEC are pretty solid everywhere, and have a few more playmakers on offense than us.

With decent play calling, we'd competitive in the Big 12. I'm assuming that either Texas, Oklahoma, or both are more talented, but not by a wide margin. In the SEC, I think with decent playcalling, we'd be better than Auburn, UM, UK, Arkansas, Vandy, and Missouri. With the play calling from Saturday, I'm pretty sure UM and Vandy would beat us, and would not be shocked if Auburn, Ark, and Missouri beat us.

Political Hack
09-04-2013, 07:36 AM
LSU may have the best DT in the country, the deepest RB stable in the country, a very good SEC QB for the first time in a decade, LBs that eat babies for snack time, and might possibly have the best run blocking OL in the West this year.

Their run game looks good, and that was against a well coached TCU defense. Their defense is only going to get better.

Radddawg
09-04-2013, 11:12 AM

Damn... That's not good to read... We play four of those five you listed.

messageboardsuperhero
09-04-2013, 11:17 AM
Damn... That's not good to read... We play four of those five you listed.

In fairness to OSU, they are notorious for starting slow and finishing strong. I was just saying they would lose to those teams based on what we saw Saturday.

OSU will end up being better at the end of the year than they were when State played them.

PassInterference
09-04-2013, 11:17 AM
LSU may have the best DT in the country, the deepest RB stable in the country, a very good SEC QB for the first time in a decade, LBs that eat babies for snack time, and might possibly have the best run blocking OL in the West this year.

Their run game looks good, and that was against a well coached TCU defense. Their defense is only going to get better.

What a shame Les Miles couldn't sign Kimdeechy. That Kimdeecy could have played for the best DL coach in the nation and competed for a national championship.

But a 2nd year DL coach, coach Buck Teeth, and the call girls from Memphis were just too charming.