PDA

View Full Version : They are whipping our ass

ShotgunDawg
09-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Sorry for negative post, but just watch a video that Pete Roussel posted, and wanted to ask a question.

If you were a recruit that was on the fence and trying to decide what school to go to, and you watched what MSU puts out and then you watched this video, which school would you choose?

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Video-Hugh-Freezes-pregame-speech-before-defeating-Vanderbilt

BHildreth3
09-03-2013, 01:41 PM
What makes me sick is Hugh is so full of shit - but - i catch myself saying - damn, if i was 18 years old - i would think he's a great motivator. Prick.

Goat Holder
09-03-2013, 01:45 PM
The people who matter, will tell you that yes, Freeze is doing very well vs. us on the recruiting trail.

maroonmania
09-03-2013, 01:46 PM
I'm starting to accept that OM is probably going to have a very competitive team over the next few years, partly because Freezus runs an offense that will put points on the board (something I wish we could do) and partly because they are gathering some very good talent. Now they might end up with some probation problems or they may not but regardless it looks like they are going to have enough top caliber players assembled coupled with a good offensive scheme to win a good number of ball games.

civildawg
09-03-2013, 01:50 PM
Seems like just 2 years ago was 50 years ago. Mullen has done a complete 180

Coach34
09-03-2013, 01:55 PM
and they are doing a great job of marketing all this- they had a great plan and are executing it very well

HancockCountyDog
09-03-2013, 01:59 PM
Sorry for negative post, but just watch a video that Pete Roussel posted, and wanted to ask a question.

If you were a recruit that was on the fence and trying to decide what school to go to, and you watched what MSU puts out and then you watched this video, which school would you choose?

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Video-Hugh-Freezes-pregame-speech-before-defeating-Vanderbilt

The media departments are not even in the same universe. Its embarrassing how much they have on us in this area.

M.Fillmore
09-03-2013, 03:23 PM
There has been considerable grinding of teeth over our uniforms, but those reb road uniforms are butt ugly.

MadDawg
09-03-2013, 03:26 PM
This is NOT our State

HancockCountyDog
09-03-2013, 03:36 PM
Im not going to be surprised when our next promotional video in a 30 second spot where the camera is just pointed at one of our BillBoards with the hashtag #HAILSTATE scrolling at the bottom.

M.Fillmore
09-03-2013, 03:46 PM
You would think they beat Bama. They are freaking out with joy for beating Vandy. Think about that....Vandy.
Yeah, we looked bad in a game that we were a two TD underdog in. We lost by 18.

Last year after a mediocre Texas team took multiple knees to keep from hanging 70 on them they were rejoicing.

They see gold in excrement, we see excrement and only excrement.

Freeze cheats, time will tell if Freeze can develop players. I say he will not.

HancockCountyDog
09-03-2013, 04:10 PM
You would think they beat Bama. They are freaking out with joy for beating Vandy. Think about that....Vandy.
Yeah, we looked bad in a game that we were a two TD underdog in. We lost by 18.

Last year after a mediocre Texas team took multiple knees to keep from hanging 70 on them they were rejoicing.

They see gold in excrement, we see excrement and only excrement.

Freeze cheats, time will tell if Freeze can develop players. I say he will not.

Engie pointed this out about the Texas game, that team fought to the last second in that game. I remember when Mullen's teams would do that in a loss. I didn't see much urgency down 18 points in that drive where we missed a FG. We acted like we had all the time in the world. Just drove me crazy.

Look, we need to be focused on MSU right now and not the bears. I could give a shit that they beat Vandy, I know that if we keep working on improving the offense #TeamDak that we beat them in Starkville.

Johnson85
09-03-2013, 04:52 PM
You would think they beat Bama. Yeah, we looked bad in a game that we were a two TD underdog in. We lost by 18.

We didn't just look bad, we looked like we didn't bother addressing any of the issues on offense that were identified last year. Dan doesn't accept mediocrity on the defensive side of the ball. But he's ok with it on his side of the ball. That's a legitimate reason to be freaking out, because it's probably going to screw us for the next two seasons. With the schedule we have next year, we could be back in a bowl even with a shitty offense, so we might be watching the program slowly deteriorate for the next three or more years.

Mullen's clearly pretty good at some parts of coaching. But it's frustrating as hell to think that he's not going to address the offensive side of the ball.

chef dixon
09-03-2013, 08:16 PM
The media departments are not even in the same universe. Its embarrassing how much they have on us in this area.

Just a short 2 years ago, everyone was saying the complete opposite statement regarding marketing/media.

ShotgunDawg
09-03-2013, 08:46 PM
See, look at what was just tweeted:

Ole Miss Sports Talk ‏@RebelSportsTalk 5h
Freeze's pregame speech @Terrence_9 @ThaJudgeKO @Obey_Pride @JesseJackson_86 @d1_kendarius http://rebs.ms/1a427r3 via @Rebel_Vision #Rebels
Retweeted by Jesse T. Jackson