PDA

View Full Version : ifyouonlyknew..

HoopsDawg
11-26-2016, 01:53 PM
how serious are we about Ladarius Marshall from Forest Hill in next year's class? I watched him in Corinth last night and that dude is a man among boys. He's undersized for a PF, but he is extremely strong and plays above the rim.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-26-2016, 02:01 PM
We know about him & are recruiting him just not sure how high he is on the board. Overall I don't think he'd be in the top 5 prospects at the moment. At his size he's a wing on the next level & I don't like him there. As a stretch 4 he's not better than Woodard IMO. What he is though is 1 of the best athletes ever to come out of MS & I don't think that's an exaggeration. His skill needs to catch up to his athleticism to have a chance to reach his potential.

HoopsDawg
11-26-2016, 02:32 PM
We know about him & are recruiting him just not sure how high he is on the board. Overall I don't think he'd be in the top 5 prospects at the moment. At his size he's a wing on the next level & I don't like him there. As a stretch 4 he's not better than Woodard IMO. What he is though is 1 of the best athletes ever to come out of MS & I don't think that's an exaggeration. His skill needs to catch up to his athleticism to have a chance to reach his potential.

He has a really nice stroke though. Made all of his free throws with nice rotation, but I agree that I can't really see him as a wing. He never has to play outside b/c he is impossible to stop down low.

Watched Woodard too. Damn, what a player. I didn't realize what kind of range he had. Drained 2 NBA 3's. He doesn't have much of a supporting cast this year. I'm going to watch lil Spoon tonight.

msbulldog
11-26-2016, 02:40 PM
He has a really nice stroke though. Made all of his free throws with nice rotation, but I agree that I can't really see him as a wing. He never has to play outside b/c he is impossible to stop down low.

Watched Woodard too. Damn, what a player. I didn't realize what kind of range he had. Drained 2 NBA 3's. He doesn't have much of a supporting cast this year. I'm going to watch lil Spoon tonight.

Cool, give us a report, I'm real excited about how good we will be next year and the next and the next!

msstate7
11-26-2016, 02:54 PM

Getting around aren't you, hoops? Next stop... feazell?

HoopsDawg
11-26-2016, 02:56 PM
Getting around aren't you, hoops? Next stop... feazell?

It's a big time tourney in Corinth. Teams from Canada, Arizona, and top teams from MS are all there.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-26-2016, 03:00 PM
It's a big time tourney in Corinth. Teams from Canada, Arizona, and top teams from MS are all there.

I watched Nick last week it's amazing how much his jumper has improved.

msstate7
11-26-2016, 03:02 PM
I watched Nick last week it's amazing how much his jumper has improved.

More explosive than peters?

dawg93
11-26-2016, 03:10 PM
Marshall is one of Omhar Carter's kids, so we will be in on him and probably get him if we want. If he is borderline for us, would not be smart to burn that bridge. Omhar has transitioned to bringing in foreign players now. Got two at Oak Hill and one at Utah juco (who had Abo transcript issues) as we speak. That being said, he is VERY athletic and his three point has improved over the past year.

smootness
11-26-2016, 03:25 PM
More explosive than peters?

Just from watching video, I would say absolutely. He's another level of athlete.

msstate7
11-26-2016, 03:27 PM
Just from watching video, I would say absolutely. He's another level of athlete.

With peters ability to hit 3s, these 2 may be on the court a lot together next season

HoopsDawg
11-26-2016, 03:35 PM
Ladarius had 25 today in a big win against Chalmette, LA. Chalmatte has the big 7'0 guy that signed with Stansbury and Western Kentucky. Top 10 player in the country, 5 star.

HoopsDawg
11-26-2016, 11:03 PM
Lil spoon had 31 points, 6 assists and 6 rebounds and 2 nice dunks. I'm not easily impressed, but Nick is the real deal. I love his competitiveness and explosiveness attacking the rim. He could score whenever he wanted and he had a good athlete guarding him.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-26-2016, 11:29 PM
Lil spoon had 31 points, 6 assists and 6 rebounds and 2 nice dunks. I'm not easily impressed, but Nick is the real deal. I love his competitiveness and explosiveness attacking the rim. He could score whenever he wanted and he had a good athlete guarding him.

1 of my AAU coach friends had a great description about Nick's game. He said he plays like you owe him money. He plays so hard & aggressive. That toughness & aggressiveness will be much needed.

HoopsDawg
11-27-2016, 12:00 AM
1 of my AAU coach friends had a great description about Nick's game. He said he plays like you owe him money. He plays so hard & aggressive. That toughness & aggressiveness will be much needed.

Great line and so true. He plays like he has something to prove. Q was there tonight and u can tell that he enjoys watching him. They have different games and will compliment each other well. That competitive nature has to be contagious.

MarketingBully
11-27-2016, 12:12 AM

That describes Russell Westbrook to a tee. I just want our freshmen to improve enough over this year to transition like Q was doing this year their sophomore seasons. If we have that happen, we will be incredible next year.