PDA

View Full Version : Herman to Texas, Fleck to Purdue

Really Clark?
11-26-2016, 11:39 AM
Nice job by Herman's agent to leak the LSU discussions to make sure Texas was going to come calling. Reported that Fleck will take the Purdue job but nothing will be official until after their MAC championship game

msstate7
11-26-2016, 11:41 AM
Like the fleck hire at Purdue better than Herman to Texas.

Where does rhule end up? Norte dame?

preachermatt83
11-26-2016, 11:41 AM
I hope Fleck does go to Purdue.. Will still be "gettable" if we have another bad year next year.

Really Clark?
11-26-2016, 11:43 AM
Like the fleck hire at Purdue better than Herman to Texas.

Where does rhule end up? Norte dame?

Not sure Kelly is out yet. I would like him to BC but not sure BC will want to go back to a Temple coach. Maybe Cincinnati and that is who I might go with if I'm Cincy. Strong could be possible there as well

Jarius
11-26-2016, 11:46 AM
People worried about hiring Rick Ray if we fire Mullen while the best non power 5 coach in the country goes to
Purdue.

RocketDawg
11-26-2016, 11:48 AM
I hope Fleck does go to Purdue.. Will still be "gettable" if we have another bad year next year.

Yes, that is true. I would have thought he'd go to a more lucrative job than Purdue, so yes, he's still "gettable". He's working his way southward ....

Really Clark?
11-26-2016, 11:52 AM
People worried about hiring Rick Ray if we fire Mullen while the best non power 5 coach in the country goes to
Purdue.

Fleck is good and in the top teir but Herman just got Texas job and you can't pin point the best because it's still a crap shoot. Charlie Strong was the best non P5 when he went to Texas as well. I like Brohm better but no guarantee. It HAS to be a good fit for school and coach or it won't work.

msstate7
11-26-2016, 11:55 AM
So, where does les miles land now?

msstate7
11-26-2016, 11:57 AM
Oh and we probably gonna have tough time flipping Purdue wr commit now. Fleck can crow on Corey davis' success

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-26-2016, 11:58 AM
Fleck is good and in the top teir but Herman just got Texas job and you can't pin point the best because it's still a crap shoot. Charlie Strong was the best non P5 when he went to Texas as well. I like Brohm better but no guarantee. It HAS to be a good fit for school and coach or it won't work.

I like Brohm a lot but I'd be afraid he'd jump ship to Louisville when Petrino left.

Saltydog
11-26-2016, 12:00 PM
a very, very tough place to win.

msstate7
11-26-2016, 12:04 PM
Harbaugh
Meyer
Dantonio
Franklin
Chryst
Ferentz
Fleck

Big 10 is amassing some good HCs

Quaoarsking
11-26-2016, 12:33 PM
Harbaugh
Meyer
Dantonio
Franklin
Chryst
Ferentz
Fleck

Don't forget Lovie Smith, and Pat Fitzgerald is pretty solid too.

dawgday166
11-26-2016, 12:41 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if anyone can win at Texas anymore. Something ain't quite right over there. Maybe Saban could tell the boosters to GTFO and do it, but not sure anyone else will be able to.

Really Clark?
11-26-2016, 12:41 PM
I like Brohm a lot but I'd be afraid he'd jump ship to Louisville when Petrino left.

Petrino is not leaving. He will retire at Louisville.

CadaverDawg
11-26-2016, 12:45 PM
Seeing reports that Fleck is denying the reports of him to Purdue.

Not sure if true

msbulldog
11-26-2016, 12:45 PM

If he jumps from Louisville (the second time), with his record Atlanta Falcons and Arkansas, he is dead to football.

msstate7
11-26-2016, 12:55 PM

Not sure if true

MAC championship and NY6 bowl coming up. Probably wants to finish out MAC championship game anyway

Really Clark?
11-26-2016, 12:57 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if anyone can win at Texas anymore. Something ain't quite right over there. Maybe Saban could tell the boosters to GTFO and do it, but not sure anyone else will be able to.

They were in the title game in 2010 and this will be just the second coach since then, it's not like the have been wondering in the wilderness 40 years and have through 8 different coaches.

was21
11-26-2016, 01:01 PM
I don't really know if he's that much in demand for a major gig....kind of long in the tooth now along with recent negative vibes at lsu

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-26-2016, 01:03 PM

I should have been more clear....when Petrino leaves = when he retires.

Really Clark?
11-26-2016, 01:07 PM

Not sure if true

He already come out earlier that he won't be making any job announcements until after MAC champ game. This was coming from the Purdue side but maybe somebody leaked or overplayed their hand.

Really Clark?
11-26-2016, 01:10 PM
I should have been more clear....when Petrino leaves = when he retires.

Gotcha. I think that will be a number of years down the road though.

Political Hack
11-26-2016, 01:23 PM
Harbaugh
Meyer
Dantonio
Franklin
Chryst
Ferentz
Fleck

I wouldn't be shocked to see at least 1-2 more respected coaches join the ranks too. We're starting to see an exodus of coaches from the SEC. In the last few years the SEC has lost Richt, Miles, Meyer, Franklin, & Spurrier. Probably are Freeze to that list soon. The SEC is losing a lot of good coaches and on the flip side they're not bringing in the new talent like they had been. Boom, Ogre, Butch, Smart, etc... are the guys replacing them and the young talent is going elsewhere.

Personally I think the cut throat recruiting in the SEC is taking its toll and we're going to see the conference as a whole suffer because of it.

HereComesTheSpiral
11-26-2016, 01:45 PM
I wouldn't be shocked to see at least 1-2 more respected coaches join the ranks too. We're starting to see an exodus of coaches from the SEC. In the last few years the SEC has lost Richt, Miles, Meyer, Franklin, & Spurrier. Probably are Freeze to that list soon. The SEC is losing a lot of good coaches and on the flip side they're not bringing in the new talent like they had been. Boom, Ogre, Butch, Smart, etc... are the guys replacing them and the young talent is going elsewhere.

Personally I think the cut throat recruiting in the SEC is taking its toll and we're going to see the conference as a whole suffer because of it.

It's called Alabama fatigue, I have found myself watching more Big 10 games than SEC games because they have the feeling that something is on the line. SEC, just feels like what's the point now.

Really Clark?
11-26-2016, 03:15 PM
Orlando will serve as the interim HC at Houston and will be a candidate for the permanent job.