mparkerfd20
11-26-2016, 10:54 AM
Bahaha hahahahaha.

Vandelay Industries
11-26-2016, 10:55 AM
That is such a bad hire haha

msbulldog
11-26-2016, 10:58 AM
Good. Hope we can shake a few of their recruits loose like Charles from Madison.

Statecoachingblows**
11-26-2016, 11:02 AM
Geoff Ketchum
Geoff Ketchum – ‏@gkketch

LSU was shopping at Saks Fifth, saw the prices and decided to go to the local Target. How can that fanbase be happy with the penny-pinching?

Thought this was humorous

Op4isabitch
11-26-2016, 11:05 AM
Call me stupid but if O keeps Aranda and gets Kiffin as OC, that is one hell of a combination!
O gets his guys to play hard, they love him. Aranda is really really good and well Kiffin, he's proven he can call an offense.

To me it's a damn good hire.

msbulldog
11-26-2016, 11:07 AM
Kiffin won't go to LSU.

Op4isabitch
11-26-2016, 11:12 AM
Kiffin won't go to LSU.

I don't know that to be fact, money talks and it appears LSU will have the money to pay coordinators a lot of money.
Early reports are saying O is going to get $3.5mil per, so that opens up more funds to pay assistants a good salary.

Bully13
11-26-2016, 11:14 AM
FOOTBAWWWW

DogsofAnarchy
11-26-2016, 11:14 AM
Coach O wants to be there!! That means a lot. Now if he has learned from his OM experience, he will let his coordinators coach and he will motivate. I think it's a great hire because it's LSU, they are gonna get players and the players want to play hard for him.

QUOTE=Op4isabitch;657474]Call me stupid but if O keeps Aranda and gets Kiffin as OC, that is one hell of a combination!
O gets his guys to play hard, they love him. Aranda is really really good and well Kiffin, he's proven he can call an offense.

To me it's a damn good hire.[/QUOTE]

Liverpooldawg
11-26-2016, 11:18 AM
I think y'all may be surprised by O. He is a lot better coach than he was at UM. He did a heck of a job when he was the interim at USC and he hasn't done bad in Baton Rouge either. We know he can recruit. Time will tell but that hire might turn out to be like getting Dak in the 4th round.

lamont
11-26-2016, 11:23 AM
I think its a decent hire. He will recruit. His hire as OC will define him

Corn Bread
11-26-2016, 11:32 AM
I think its a decent hire. He will recruit. His hire as OC will define him

Good hire and happy for O. After the Florida game it was a toss up. I guess this time when the AD asked him if he would change his play on forth down- he said yes.

msbulldog
11-26-2016, 11:36 AM
I still don't like O from his Mississippi days, I carry dislike a long time.

msbulldog
11-26-2016, 11:38 AM
And him being the coach at LSU sure doesn't make me like him any better. I tend to dislike most anybody we play.

Cooterpoot
11-26-2016, 11:39 AM
Imagine crazy ass Coach O and drunk ass Sark. Going to be good times on the Bye you.

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-26-2016, 11:54 AM
Call me stupid but if O keeps Aranda and gets Kiffin as OC, that is one hell of a combination!

If he keeps Aranda and gets Kiffin to jump over, it's a great hire. If he can't get those two and gets avg coordinators, he'll never jump Bama and that to LSU fans will determine his success.

NCDawg
11-26-2016, 11:57 AM

Totally agree. We should have hired him last year as DC when we had a chance, but they said he hadn't ever been a DC. So we hired another guy who had never been a DC.

Bothrops
11-26-2016, 11:57 AM
Good. Hope we can shake a few of their recruits loose like Charles from Madison.

Actually, this probably means we won't be getting any of their recruits.

HoopsDawg
11-26-2016, 12:02 PM

It doesn't have to be Kiffin. There are probably a dozen OC's they can do the job. Just have to find a good QB developer. O lets his coaches coach.

MetEdDawg
11-26-2016, 12:04 PM
Glad he found a job he was qualified for. It's a step down from MSU DC, but I'm glad he got it.

By the way, I still think this hire is an indictment of our fan base. A guy that was labeled as not good enough for our DC job just took the HC job at a school that has consistently whipped our ass for 20 years. Whether or not he's a bust, we need to all think about that for a second and reflect.

Liverpooldawg
11-26-2016, 12:04 PM

Yep, I imagine a wall jut went around Louisiana. A real one this time.

msbulldog
11-26-2016, 12:06 PM

I don't know Miles had a lot of loyalty among recruits, who are probably waiting to see who they hire. O is certainly not a 'name' hire.

smootness
11-26-2016, 12:07 PM
Glad he found a job he was qualified for. It's a step down from MSU DC, but I'm glad he got it.

By the way, I still think this hire is an indictment of our fan base. A guy that was labeled as not good enough for our DC job just took the HC job at a school that has consistently whipped our ass for 20 years. Whether or not he's a bust, we need to all think about that for a second and reflect.

Not really. It's a bad hire.

HoopsDawg
11-26-2016, 12:10 PM

Ha, good point and that's pretty funny. I took a lot of abuse on here for wanting O as our D-coordinator.

War Machine Dawg
11-26-2016, 12:11 PM
Ha, good point and that's pretty funny. I took a lot of abuse on here for wanting O as our D-coordinator.

Right there with ya. I'd have murdered for O as DC. Still would.

MetEdDawg
11-26-2016, 12:56 PM
Not really. It's a bad hire.

Here's the problem with that. Other than a coaching stint 10 years ago, you have zero data to support that statement. We just say oh that's a bad hire and dismiss the fact that he's 11-4 in his last 15 head coaching games. We keep looking for an experienced DC because we all think the whole let guys cut their teeth in the SEC thing hasn't worked. So a guy with 20+ years of head coaching and NFL/college experience isn't good enough? It's a garbage double standard.

smootness
11-26-2016, 01:21 PM
Here's the problem with that. Other than a coaching stint 10 years ago, you have zero data to support that statement. We just say oh that's a bad hire and dismiss the fact that he's 11-4 in his last 15 head coaching games. We keep looking for an experienced DC because we all think the whole let guys cut their teeth in the SEC thing hasn't worked. So a guy with 20+ years of head coaching and NFL/college experience isn't good enough? It's a garbage double standard.

Orgeron is a rah rah guy, nothing more. The fact that LSU made a huge mistake doesn't suddenly prove we're stupid.

MetEdDawg
11-26-2016, 01:56 PM
Orgeron is a rah rah guy, nothing more. The fact that LSU made a huge mistake doesn't suddenly prove we're stupid.

No the 2-18 record over the last 20 years does. So why in the world would we not try and reproduce the types of things they do. It's not like we wanted Orgeron as our HC. We wanted him in a lower position. And he still wasn't good enough for that. THAT shows we are stupid.

msbulldog
11-26-2016, 02:00 PM
Oregon is the root of the cheating that is going on at Mississippi.