PDA

View Full Version : Kiffin to tha Tigas'

Political Hack
11-26-2016, 09:26 AM
Is a distinct possibility now. O running the D and Kiff running the O may work well for them.

msstate7
11-26-2016, 09:28 AM
They losing aranda?

ShotgunDawg
11-26-2016, 09:30 AM
Is a distinct possibility now. O running the D and Kiff running the O may work well for them.

Maybe. I've never understood the Kiffin love on offense. It'll be better than what they've currently got, but just remember the talent level that Kiffin currently works with.

I find it funny how much credit the media gives Kiffin for evolving Bama's offense while most coaches do those types of things on a frequent basis. Kiffin has players that can make easier adjustments than anyone.

msstate7
11-26-2016, 09:33 AM
Maybe. I've never understood the Kiffin love on offense. It'll be better than what they've currently got, but just remember the talent level that Kiffin currently works with.

I find it funny how much credit the media gives Kiffin for evolving Bama's offense while most coaches do those types of things on a frequent basis. Kiffin has players that can make easier adjustments than anyone.

Lsu has the same type talent

Coldsleeve Jr.
11-26-2016, 09:36 AM
Why would Kiffin make a lateral move to LSU? Not saying won't happen, just genuinely don't know the connection.

ShotgunDawg
11-26-2016, 09:37 AM
Lsu has the same type talent

Hmmm. True. Not sure LSU has been the same on the line of scrimmage and Bama lately has had more explosive players at WR in Ridley and Stewart

ShotgunDawg
11-26-2016, 09:39 AM
Why would Kiffin make a lateral move to LSU? Not saying won't happen, just genuinely don't know the connection.

Because Orgeron is his buddy and Saban is a bitch.

O will make Kiffin the head coach of the offense, while At Bama Kiffin has to work tightly within what Saban wants. Remember Saban "ass chewing" Kiffin earlier this year? That won't happen at LSU

Ifyouonlyknew
11-26-2016, 09:45 AM

If Aranda leaves to coach at Texas with Herman & O takes over the defense that's a win for us.

Political Hack
11-26-2016, 09:50 AM
If Aranda leaves to coach at Texas with Herman & O takes over the defense that's a win for us.

Aranda may stick around, but O is going to help on D and ST and head coach. They'll hire an OC who will have total control of the offense and it seems to be Kiffin now. At least that's their intentions based on initial conversations. What I don't know is if Kiffin feels the same way, but he and O are close and O thinks he can get him.

Dawg61
11-26-2016, 10:04 AM
Maybe. I've never understood the Kiffin love on offense.

Remember Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart, Lendall White offenses at USC under Pete Carroll? Kiffin was the OC during that.

"and he was promoted to offensive coordinator along with Steve Sarkisian for the 2005 season after Norm Chow left USC for the same position with the NFL's Tennessee Titans. Kiffin also took the reins as recruiting coordinator that year. Along with these duties, Kiffin continued as the wide receivers coach. Under Kiffin and Sarkisian in 2005 the USC offense produced numerous school records, averaging 49.1 points and 579 yards per game and becoming the first in NCAA history to have a 3,000 yard passer (Matt Leinart), two 1,000 yard rushers (Reggie Bush and LenDale White), and a 1,000 yard receiver (Dwayne Jarrett). Steve Smith fell a few yards of also surpassing 1,000 yards in receiving. In Kiffin’s three years as recruiting coordinator at USC, the Trojans had the No. 1 ranked recruiting class in college football every year. The Trojans finished first in the Pac-10 in passing efficiency by averaging 142.8 passer rating, produced two, 1,000-yard receivers – Dwayne Jarrett (1,105) and Steve Smith (1,083) – and a 3,000-yard passer John David Booty, with 3,347 yards. The team produced top 20 statistics in most NCAA offensive categories and concluded with a 32–18 win over the then #3 ranked team the University of Michigan in the Rose Bowl.

Kiffin helped guide USC to a 23–3 win-loss record during his tenure as offensive coordinator, an 88% win percentage"

lamont
11-26-2016, 10:25 AM
Kiffin really is a good OC- he just desires to be the HC and then it stretches him too thin. Doesn't allow him to show his best. He has never found that area HC's get in to handle everything

Really Clark?
11-26-2016, 10:27 AM
Remember Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart, Lendall White offenses at USC under Pete Carroll? Kiffin was the OC during that.

"and he was promoted to offensive coordinator along with Steve Sarkisian for the 2005 season after Norm Chow left USC for the same position with the NFL's Tennessee Titans. Kiffin also took the reins as recruiting coordinator that year. Along with these duties, Kiffin continued as the wide receivers coach. Under Kiffin and Sarkisian in 2005 the USC offense produced numerous school records, averaging 49.1 points and 579 yards per game and becoming the first in NCAA history to have a 3,000 yard passer (Matt Leinart), two 1,000 yard rushers (Reggie Bush and LenDale White), and a 1,000 yard receiver (Dwayne Jarrett). Steve Smith fell a few yards of also surpassing 1,000 yards in receiving. In Kiffin?s three years as recruiting coordinator at USC, the Trojans had the No. 1 ranked recruiting class in college football every year. The Trojans finished first in the Pac-10 in passing efficiency by averaging 142.8 passer rating, produced two, 1,000-yard receivers ? Dwayne Jarrett (1,105) and Steve Smith (1,083) ? and a 3,000-yard passer John David Booty, with 3,347 yards. The team produced top 20 statistics in most NCAA offensive categories and concluded with a 32?18 win over the then #3 ranked team the University of Michigan in the Rose Bowl.

Kiffin helped guide USC to a 23?3 win-loss record during his tenure as offensive coordinator, an 88% win percentage"

I think you answered why Kiffin was good back then, premium elite talent. Norm Chow has to given a lot of credit for the development of their offense. He was also the play caller when he was their HC. Wasn't near as good. I think he pretty good when just an OC with top talent. But he also goes brain dead at times and gets away from a team's strength overthinking the game.

dawgday166
11-26-2016, 11:44 AM
Kiffin probably growing weary of the coeds at Bama. Needs some new ground to hunt on. Probably tired of the ass chewings from Saban too.

msstate7
11-26-2016, 11:48 AM
Baylor, Cincinnati, Boston college, maybe Arizona, and I'm sure others will open... why won't kiffin get a HC gig?

dawgday166
11-26-2016, 11:50 AM
Baylor, Cincinnati, Boston college, maybe Arizona, and I'm sure others will open... why won't kiffin get a HC gig?

He like Dan ... thinks he deserves one of the upper tier jobs. Dan might would take the Zona or BC jobs now tho.

msstate7
11-26-2016, 11:51 AM
He like Dan ... thinks he deserves one of the upper tier jobs. Dan might would take the Zona or BC jobs now tho.

I've worried for a while that we might lose dan to Baylor. Not sure why, but I have

msbulldog
11-26-2016, 11:56 AM
Be glad to see Kiffin leave Bama, but I don't think he goes to LSU. LSU hired O because they couldn't afford Fisher or Herman. This state is broke, big time. Kiffin is currently making 1.4 M and LSU won't pay that for a OC.

Really Clark?
11-26-2016, 12:01 PM
Be glad to see Kiffin leave Bama, but I don't think he goes to LSU. LSU hired O because they couldn't afford Fisher or Herman. This state is broke, big time. Kiffin is currently making 1.4 M and LSU won't pay that for a OC.

They saved a lot off of HC salary though. O will make $3.5 MIL. And they won't have to pay a buyout to FSU or Houston. That gives them some room to work

dawgday166
11-26-2016, 12:04 PM
I've worried for a while that we might lose dan to Baylor. Not sure why, but I have

I might see him taking that one too. The Baylor & Zona jobs would be the easier conferences to win ... so I would think there would be some appeal there.

msstate7
11-26-2016, 12:06 PM
I might see him taking that one too. The Baylor & Zona jobs would be the easier conferences to win ... so I would think there would be some appeal there.

Mullen would be very good IMO at Baylor. Lots of local talent, so recruiting wouldn't be as tough as here

Ifyouonlyknew
11-26-2016, 12:19 PM
Mullen would be very good IMO at Baylor. Lots of local talent, so recruiting wouldn't be as tough as here

Baylor is hiring Chad Morris

msstate7
11-26-2016, 12:22 PM
Baylor is hiring Chad Morris

Good. Dumb hire IMO

Op4isabitch
11-26-2016, 12:57 PM
If Dan bolts for another gig, I'd like Cohen to take a serious look at Memphis's head coach.

SDDawg
11-26-2016, 01:06 PM
I'd make Kiffin the head coach in waiting at LSU and give Orgeron a pretty short leash. He gets a few years, but even if successful this is not a long-term gig, 5 - 7 years at most. Kiffin will be ready to go again in a few years.

ILOATHEBears
11-26-2016, 01:09 PM

I Baptist preaching bear may go to the Baylor Bears.....

Op4isabitch
11-26-2016, 01:26 PM
I Baptist preaching bear may go to the Baylor Bears.....

Seriously doubt Hugh Freeze gets another HC job for a long time, he's dirty as hell and the NCAA is going to make sure he doesn't get another job this decade.

Cooterpoot
11-26-2016, 02:02 PM
Baylor is going after Fedora first. He coached there and still has a lot of connections there.

Really Clark?
11-26-2016, 02:36 PM
Besides the scandal Baylor is also being investigated by the NCAA for other violations. They are having a difficult coaching search to say the least with all of this going on. I think Morris will be the hire if he accepts.

TUSK
11-26-2016, 02:50 PM
I don't think Joey Freshwater makes a "lateral" move to coach in the SECW... that'd be nuts...

I think he'll hold out for a Major College HC gig...

Not that it matters, as his replacement is already on the staff.

dawgday166
11-26-2016, 02:57 PM
I kinda don't see him working for O either.

Political Hack
11-26-2016, 05:59 PM
The Advocate is now reporting this and it's scrolling espn's bottom line. News travels fast.

fader2103
11-26-2016, 06:10 PM
Has anyone thought about going after Todd Monken? Would he even return to college?

Political Hack
11-27-2016, 09:41 AM
Has anyone thought about going after Todd Monken? Would he even return to college?

I haven't heard his name in a long time but he had a lot of success before.

Token Bammer
11-27-2016, 11:41 AM
Excuse me while I go full tilt Bammer for a moment.

If Kiffin leaves Alabama for any position other than a HC position it's because Saban wants him to. Personally, I'm thankful for what he's done at Alabama but I would help him pack his bags. His finesse style is wearing me thin.

Kiffin has benefited greatly from the talent at Alabama. He is a great play designer (ie getting receivers open deep) but he is not a great play caller or game planner. When a D-coordinator has his number he has trouble adjusting (see the LSU game).

He refuses to use the inner third of the field. The majority of our runs are on the edge (many to wide receivers and the quarterback) and ALL our throws are to the outside. I can understand the passes to the outside because we have a freshman we are trying to protect. However, defenses know they don't have to defend the middle of the field at all and now they are focused on taking away the edge and are really coming heavy from the outside in. Adjustments must be made down the stretch if we hope to win it all imo.

We need to get our balls back on offense. I remember when we used to line up and run between the tackles (with our RUNNING BACKS) and dominate. Now seven in the box is too many and instead of playing physical football we try to get cute and trick our opponents and run around them.

Maybe this is just my dislike of our style of play under Kiffin more than a coaching ability thing. Regardless, I don't like that on third and short we throw. Coach Saban crawled Lane's arse at half time yesterday and we came out running and won the game that way. First drive of the second half was 8 plays, 6 runs and two play actions, and all through Bo Scarbrough who sat the bench the entire first half.

Kiffin is all finesse and when it's all clicking it's great, but if he doesn't have someone around him to keep him grounded (Saban) I personally think he'll blow it like he did against Ohio State in the 2014 playoff game. We went into half time with a nice lead and were averaging over 7 yards a carry. Came out the second half refusing to run the football and it cost us dearly. He's too in love with making sure everyone sees him throw his hands in the air signaling a TD before the QB every lets go of the ball.

I know. We are undefeated with a freshman QB. So what's there to complain about? Nothing! But I'm a Bammer and I'm gonna find something darn it.