PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who seem confused on the portion pissed at Dan...

RougeDawg
11-26-2016, 08:52 AM
It's not that any of us do not appreciate what he has done or actually want him gone. What we really want is his mindset/demeanor/attitude/desire/etc. of the last 2-2.5 years to be gone from Mississippi State football altogether. If he can have a change of heart, make the changes he's been asked to make, and regain the passion he once had, we should be fine. We have more talent, on paper, now than any time during his tenure, but they look lost a large portion of the time. This talent just needs the same fire, passion, and coaching up that the Ralph's and Mini Lee's received. Those teams appeared to over achieve. If he regains that approach with the talent we have and demonstrates he wants to actually be here and their coach, we can win a lot of football games.

Wanted to get this out before the EB today because you can see the flashes of a damn good team. They just need guidance and that year 1-5 fire/passion from Dan to motivate them. A win today will ease the minds of many here and throughout the fan base.

I seen it dawg
11-26-2016, 09:04 AM
Play with effort and fire every week. It's controllable. Mullen doesn't do that. That's the problem.

thf24
11-26-2016, 09:43 AM
Play with effort and fire every week. It's controllable. Mullen doesn't do that. That's the problem.

Nailed it. I'm not in the "fire Mullen" crowd because I believe all of his issues are identifiable and fixable... except this one. Looking back over the past 8 seasons, WAY too many times we've come out dead flat for both little games and big games when we had every reason not to. It should be clear at this point that Mullen lacks the ability to consistently motivate his players without natural strong leaders on the team to do it for him. His only chance for improvement in this area is to accept this fact and put extra emphasis on cultivating said leaders, because he's never going to be a rah-rah player's coach.

confucius say
11-26-2016, 09:46 AM
Likely a product of the message growing stale. I've seen video of several of his pre game speeches and they almost always sound the same. It's the ten year rule for coaches. Here is to hoping he can overcome that impediment.

Liverpooldawg
11-26-2016, 11:29 AM

That doesn't ever happen and it's NOT controllable. You can REALLY do it maybe 3-4-5 times a year at best. The good/great teams are the ones that find a way when they don't have that on the day. The Book of JWS, Chapter 1, Verse 12.

MaroonFlounder
11-26-2016, 11:32 AM
Mullen will always put a decent product on the field offensively. But we should rename ourselves the BULLOGS....because we have no D.

Going thru ever how many D-coordinators and staff changes is ridiculous for any coach. And it's worse now that the tempo, no-huddle spread offenses are tearing up the league.

dawgday166
11-26-2016, 11:40 AM
Likely a product of the message growing stale. I've seen video of several of his pre game speeches and they almost always sound the same. It's the ten year rule for coaches. Here is to hoping he can overcome that impediment.

Read Bear's autobiography. He always had his finger on the pulse of the team and looking for a different way to motivate them when they were just going thru the motions. He'd do SOMETHING to shake it up when it was needed. Sorta like Saban did when he flew in the Lone Survivor guy prior to our game with Bama in 2014.

RougeDawg
11-27-2016, 07:00 PM
Maybe yesterday was evidence that Dan might have done some soul searching after Arkansas.fors emerging as a leader could also catapult us.