PDA

View Full Version : Lsu announcing new HC at 1

msstate7
11-26-2016, 08:26 AM
No idea who

msstate7
11-26-2016, 08:31 AM
If it's O, how does this swing the recruits we're going head-to-head with lsu over?

Bass Chaser
11-26-2016, 08:41 AM
Ross Dellenger reporting it will be O. Press conference at noon.

RougeDawg
11-26-2016, 08:43 AM
So does this mean Strong is done at Texas? Has to be where Herman is going.

msstate7
11-26-2016, 08:46 AM
So does this mean Strong is done at Texas? Has to be where Herman is going.

There's like a less than 0.1% chance that we could get strong as DC, but I'd contact him ASAP and make him tell us no

Bucky Dog
11-26-2016, 08:52 AM
Reporting it is O, and Herman to Texas. That makes the most sense I'm sure, though, LSU won't give O more than 3 years to get it done.

Tbonewannabe
11-26-2016, 08:55 AM
There's like a less than 0.1% chance that we could get strong as DC, but I'd contact him ASAP and make him tell us no

Do you think Strong would take a DC job or a head coach gig at a smaller school? I guess your point is you don't know until you ask.

RougeDawg
11-26-2016, 08:55 AM
Reporting it is O, and Herman to Texas. That makes the most sense I'm sure, though, LSU won't give O more than 3 years to get it done.

Gives us a little bit more time to try to right the ship while LSU experiments with O. Herman to them could've been disaster for us. I bet even Bama was praying Texas would buy Herman. LSU would've been on par with Bama Offense had that happened.

msstate7
11-26-2016, 08:56 AM
Do you think Strong would take a DC job or a head coach gig at a smaller school?

I think he gets a HC job

Tbonewannabe
11-26-2016, 08:57 AM
I think he gets a HC job

Isn't Cincinnati looking? Not too far from where he was at Louisville.

I seen it dawg
11-26-2016, 09:06 AM
O will do a good job at LSU. He will let his coordinators coach and he will do,his job which is recruit and motivate.

Got to watch out for Aranda to go to Texas with Herman. If he does that hurts them.

smootness
11-26-2016, 09:24 AM
El oh el LSU. This is good for us.

Bucky Dog
11-26-2016, 09:31 AM
If I'm an LSU fan I really have to question my AD. Look at how he has handled all of this over the past two years. Miles is fired, not he is not, let's give him an extension. Then fire him after they lose to a better than expected Auburn team at their place on the last play of the game. Now this. Not to mention all of the misinformation, and leaks coming from inside his own department.

Alleva better get this one right with O, as I'm sure many more people wanted, and thought, they could go grab whoever they wanted that had that star quality. O doesn't have that quality and he will probably do a good job. I just don't see him winning the championships. This was a good hire for us and the rest of the West.

ShotgunDawg
11-26-2016, 09:34 AM
El oh el LSU. This is good for us.

I really like Coach O. I think he's genuine and passionate. However, I agree this is good for us. LSU really can't recruit better than they already do. So Os biggest strength is somewhat negated. He'll have to be able to scheme.

I'm not sure, but I'd have to think this helps us with any offensive recruits we are battling with them for. Could mean Akers goes to Ohio State though.

msstate7
11-26-2016, 09:39 AM
I really like Coach O. I think he's genuine and passionate. However, I agree this is good for us. LSU really can't recruit better than they already do. So Os biggest strength is somewhat negated. He'll have to be able to scheme.

I'm not sure, but I'd have to think this helps us with any offensive recruits we are battling with them for. Could mean Akers goes to Ohio State though.

If Akers goes to Ohio state, Clyde Edwards-helaire probably sticks with lsu instead of flipping to us

ShotgunDawg
11-26-2016, 09:43 AM
If Akers goes to Ohio state, Clyde Edwards-helaire probably sticks with lsu instead of flipping to us

Not sure if this is true or not. I think Akers cements it, but I think it's still possible without Akers going there.

Would be awesome if Akers ended up helping us in the end. Usually we get screwed in these deals. Does O help or hurt us with Akers?

On one hand, O is the one who probably has a relationship with Akers, but Akers may have wanted to play in Hermans offense. Not sure.

Funny how Akers could do that in Starkville but won't even give us a look.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-26-2016, 09:47 AM
Akers not going to Ohio St. Too far from home. He picks LSU then Edwards-Helaire no doubt in maroon & white.

HSVDawg
11-26-2016, 09:57 AM
Gives us a little bit more time to try to right the ship while LSU experiments with O. Herman to them could've been disaster for us. I bet even Bama was praying Texas would buy Herman. LSU would've been on par with Bama Offense had that happened.

Jury is still way out on Herman. O + Kiffin is a massive upgrade over Herman if that is how it shakes out.

Political Hack
11-26-2016, 10:01 AM
I do like that LSU didn't jerk around with a bidding war. They took a lot of leverage away from Herman too. Texas should send them a thank you card.

Herman had agreed verbally and then called back after Texas got involved.

Vandelay Industries
11-26-2016, 10:46 AM
Haha. they fired Miles and settled with O

IMissJack
11-26-2016, 10:50 AM
Haha. they fired Miles and settled with O

O's teams have played better than Miles' did.

parabrave
11-26-2016, 10:54 AM
Hey He earned it. I think he will have a good career there. He has already stated what his coaching philosophy is. He manages his coaching staff and lets them do their jobs. It's worked for Saban for the last 15 years. Plus he will skullfu%^ a certain team in north central Miss every chance he gets.

msbulldog
11-26-2016, 11:05 AM
Hope we can flip Charles now.

Really Clark?
11-26-2016, 11:06 AM
Hey He earned it. I think he will have a good career there. He has already stated what his coaching philosophy is. He manages his coaching staff and lets them do their jobs. It's worked for Saban for the last 15 years. Plus he will skullfu%^ a certain team in north central Miss every chance he gets.

Yeah Saban doesn't just let his DC do their jobs. He has been a key part of their game plans