PDA

View Full Version : 2016-17

msstate7
11-25-2016, 10:10 PM
This could be shaping up to be the worst year in state athletics in a while.

Football is already assured of a losing season. The fanbase is starting to turn on Mullen.

Basketball has a lot of young talent, but they have a long, long way to go. I remember watching Malik last year thinking he's gonna come on strong any time now and it never happened. I won't get my hopes up on hope this season. I see a bunch of young players that quite frankly don't look good right now. If they had 3*'s beside their names coming into the season, I wouldn't have any hope for this year and I'd have a hard time arguing they deserved better than a 3*.

Baseball lost a ton of talent and football taught me to temper expectations

lamont
11-25-2016, 10:21 PM
We so green in basketball is crazy. Youngest team since Richard Williams played almost all Freshman in 87-88. Their Sr year we won the SEC title. Just got to be patient in basketball.

Football? Hopefully we can get to 6 wins next year

MarketingBully
11-25-2016, 10:31 PM
We so green in basketball is crazy. Youngest team since Richard Williams played almost all Freshman in 87-88. Their Sr year we won the SEC title. Just got to be patient in basketball.

Football? Hopefully we can get to 6 wins next year

The talent is there in basketball but it is just developing slower then 4 stars should develop. Kegler should have had 20+ points tonight and could have schooled his guy every time down the court. But he thinks he is a shooting guard right now. Herard and Wright should be further along then they are. Just frustrating to see them have a good game against UTEP then lay an egg similar to the UCF game tonight.

klong-dog
11-25-2016, 10:37 PM
We lost our best everything in basketball with Q going down. What post season hopes I had, which was NIT, imo, was shot when Q got hurt. I'm just hoping the young guys can hang in there and continue to play hard, even defeat after defeat.

Todd4State
11-25-2016, 10:37 PM
As far as baseball, we have too many fans that are scarred from 2015 and think that because we lost a lot of players that we’re going to bottom out like that team. As long as Pilkington is healthy we are going to be fine and our pitching staff is a lot deeper than it was in 2015. We won’t have as much power, but Mangum and Rooker are better than anyone we had returning to the 2015 team. Really the only questions I have are who will step up at third base, will Marrero return, and who steps into what role on the pitching staff. We may not win the SEC, but we should be a 2 seed somewhere.

BayouDawg
11-25-2016, 10:43 PM
The thing that concerns me about basketball is our offensive game plans. Our floor spacing is atrocious and we do not move at all without the ball. We have got to learn to space the floor and attack. Anytime a team zones us our players look like a calf staring at a new gate. Some of this stuff the youngsters are struggling with is basketball 101. This AAU style is killing us.

lamont
11-25-2016, 10:49 PM
The thing that concerns me about basketball is our offensive game plans. Our floor spacing is atrocious and we do not move at all without the ball. We have got to learn to space the floor and attack. Anytime a team zones us our players look like a calf staring at a new gate. Some of this stuff the youngsters are struggling with is basketball 101. This AAU style is killing us.

yep- gonna take Howland some time to drill that shit in their heads. They will get better- too much talent not to

I'm not worried about beisball- we will be pretty good there

Thick
11-25-2016, 10:55 PM
As far as baseball, we have too many fans that are scarred from 2015 and think that because we lost a lot of players that we’re going to bottom out like that team. As long as Pilkington is healthy we are going to be fine and our pitching staff is a lot deeper than it was in 2015. We won’t have as much power, but Mangum and Rooker are better than anyone we had returning to the 2015 team. Really the only questions I have are who will step up at third base, will Marrero return, and who steps into what role on the pitching staff. We may not win the SEC, but we should be a 2 seed somewhere.

Apparently I missed something. What do you mean "will Marrero return"? Did he leave?