PDA

View Full Version : So Missouri 's defense is that much better than ours?

coastdoglover
11-25-2016, 05:28 PM
Hard to believe they have better players. Pigs may come back and win but Mizzou has played their tails off.

civildawg
11-25-2016, 05:33 PM
Yes they have a better DC than us, everyone does

Thick
11-25-2016, 05:39 PM
Pretty damn pathetic in my opinion, but that's what Dan gets when he hires a newbie as a DC.

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2016, 05:47 PM
Yes they have a better DC than us, everyone does

This. We have better players, but their head coach was their DC last year. Knows what he is doing

Commercecomet24
11-25-2016, 05:50 PM
Well if you go by that train of thought we have a better defense than lsu cause we gave up less points and yards to am than lsu did. Not saying our defense isn't bad because it is but things change from week to week with games.

Maroonthirteen
11-25-2016, 05:50 PM
Yes, I am typically of the opinion that players make plays. But it is obvious that our defense is poorly coached.

It pisses me off that I spent an entire day and money for the defensive performance last week. Ridiculous.

As.for why did Mullen hire an unproven coordinator....maybe because he has runoff so many....nobody worth a damn wants the job. I'm sure Mullen would hire the best if he could. But he can't.

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2016, 05:56 PM
Yes, I am typically of the opinion that players make plays. But it is obvious that our defense is poorly coached.

It pisses me off that I spent an entire day and money for the defensive performance last week. Ridiculous.

As.for why did Mullen hire an unproven coordinator....maybe because he has runoff so many....nobody worth a damn wants the job. I'm sure Mullen would hire the best if he could. But he can't.

Agree the defense is poorly coached this year, but we must also admit that a first year coordinator, at a new school, implementing a new defensive scheme that has never been run at that school, was a recipe for disaster.

The question now is "Does Dan Mullen believe in him? and will an extra year under this defensive staff help after having no continuity?"

Mizzou couldn't cover Arkansas either, they just got a pass rush & we didn't.

Steakonastick
11-25-2016, 06:12 PM
They have a good d-line with a first round end in Harris. Our line looks slow and non-athletic.

dawgoneyall
11-25-2016, 06:19 PM
Hard to believe they have better players. Pigs may come back and win but Mizzou has played their tails off.

Yes.

Coach007
11-25-2016, 06:22 PM
Ark did not play well either. Ark should have won the game and the COACH lost it for them.

NCDawg
11-25-2016, 07:05 PM
This. We have better players, but their head coach was their DC last year. Knows what he is doing

I'm not sure we have better players. Missouri actually sacked the Arkansas QB, and pressured him a lot more than we did.

Spiderman
11-25-2016, 07:21 PM
Pretty damn pathetic in my opinion, but that's what Dan gets when he hires a newbie as a DC.

Yep, AND MIZZOU fired their DL coach yesterday

Bothrops
11-25-2016, 07:27 PM
Our D-line is not what it should be, aside from that, our DC is in over his head. But some people expect our defense to be the way it was years ago, and it just isn't going to be that way again. The game is different now.

Maroonthirteen
11-25-2016, 07:49 PM
Only Mullen is to blame for the DC turnover. Maybe Diaz wanted the Texas job but Mullen didn't have to rehire him. That was a dumb dumb move. The guy bailed once. Obviously he would do it again. The rehiring of Dias set us back two years. Maybe 3 if he can't find anyone competent to take the job this off season.

Maroonthirteen
11-25-2016, 07:53 PM
I would agree we lack talent at DL and LB. However our talent isn't, giving up 100 points in two games and allowing Samford to run up and down the field, bad.