PDA

View Full Version : I've calmed down enough to post, barely

Lariverdog
09-03-2013, 10:59 AM
I took the family to Houston and stayed at the Hyatt with the team and a ton of other bulldogs. Congrats to the Hyatt for putting on the slide show and doing their best. Shula's steakhouse was great.

My rant:

The team seemed really tight Friday night. I talked with Tyler and a few others and it was pretty much the same. Everyone just seemed tight. I went to bed worried.

Saturday morning we had a nice crowd cheering the players as they loaded their bags. Again, very tight. No emotion, no smiles just going through the crowd. We were doing our best. Team lined up and marched though us to the bus, same story. Here is where Mullen blew a great opportunity to fire us up. He could have taken a few minutes to address the crowd, but we got nothing. I mean, I dropped over $2000 to bring the family, he scored less than the team with the supporters. It's not like he was drawing up offensive plays. I do expect a little more out of our coaches in these situations. Got to work the crowd.

Yeah I took pics but have no desire to post. Out team was completely unprepared, total blame on the coaches. I leave the X and O to others, but my wool is long gone.

starkvegasdawg
09-03-2013, 12:12 PM
Maybe the team should have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

MSUDawg4Life
09-03-2013, 12:20 PM
I don't think it's true to say our team was completely unprepared. Our defense mostly played well even after losing two key defenders. It's definitely not true to say they were unprepared.

Our offense being unable to score is a concern, but I don't know if it's totally accurate to say they were unprepared either. I'm sure OSU's defense had a little to do with why we were unable to score. Maybe the problem there was in-game adjustments, but it doesn't mean they were completely unprepared.

I see we're still ranting and making knee-jerk statements.

We need to calm down. Take a break. Something. Anything. Just chill with the irrational and untruthful statements.

maroonmania
09-03-2013, 12:47 PM
I took the family to Houston and stayed at the Hyatt with the team and a ton of other bulldogs. Congrats to the Hyatt for putting on the slide show and doing their best. Shula's steakhouse was great.

My rant:

The team seemed really tight Friday night. I talked with Tyler and a few others and it was pretty much the same. Everyone just seemed tight. I went to bed worried.

Saturday morning we had a nice crowd cheering the players as they loaded their bags. Again, very tight. No emotion, no smiles just going through the crowd. We were doing our best. Team lined up and marched though us to the bus, same story. Here is where Mullen blew a great opportunity to fire us up. He could have taken a few minutes to address the crowd, but we got nothing. I mean, I dropped over $2000 to bring the family, he scored less than the team with the supporters. It's not like he was drawing up offensive plays. I do expect a little more out of our coaches in these situations. Got to work the crowd.

Yeah I took pics but have no desire to post. Out team was completely unprepared, total blame on the coaches. I leave the X and O to others, but my wool is long gone.

The change in Mullen's demeanor towards the fans is concerning. I certainly hope he has truly not become apathetic in his job (and part of that is PR with the fanbase). If so, then our program is already set up for failure.