PDA

View Full Version : Dak...

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2016, 08:14 PM
is the best football recruiting advertising MSU has EVER had. We lose that if we lose Mullen.

lamont
11-24-2016, 08:15 PM
Wtf is Dark? And if you mean Dak- no we won't ever lose that. He will be linked to State forever

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2016, 08:18 PM
Wtf is Dark? And if you mean Dak- no we won't ever lose that. He will be linked to State forever

Auto correct. Corrected it. Mullen made Dak. I know that pisses you off, but it's the truth. Dak will always be ours, but what made him won't be, esp if you get your way.

Spiderman
11-24-2016, 08:23 PM
Our Dak, has done us proud.

GTHOM
11-24-2016, 08:38 PM
how....Dak is not gonna say I dont represent MSU anymore because my coach left (who has tried to leave multiple times)

thedawginme
11-24-2016, 08:55 PM

You are crazy if you don't think losing Mullen affects our QB development reputation. That is all.

I seen it dawg
11-24-2016, 09:33 PM
is the best football recruiting advertising MSU has EVER had. We lose that if we lose Mullen.

Some of your most truly dumb thought on this one. And that's hard to do. If Mullen leaves all of a sudden Dak isn't from state anymore? How can you remotely think this.

lamont
11-24-2016, 09:35 PM
You are crazy if you don't think losing Mullen affects our QB development reputation. That is all.

A) I didnt say that
B) He said losing Mullen takes away the bump Dak gives us- thats wrong

Liverpooldawg
how....Dak is not gonna say I dont represent MSU anymore because my coach left (who has tried to leave multiple times)

No he isn't. But if you don't think recruits won't know the guy who developed him is gone, I've got some beach front roperty in the Tombugee Bottom I want to sell you.

I seen it dawg

Because we put one in the league? I don't see anyone marching around calling him the QB whisperer. And before you get spun up I'm not saying he doesn't do a really good job bc he does, there's no debating that. But shit there are a lot of coaches out there that develop qbs well...and there is the part of Dak saying how much Brian Johnson helped him develop...and maybe Fitz is getting better bc of Johnson...

I seen it dawg
11-24-2016, 09:36 PM
Auto correct. Corrected it. Mullen made Dak. I know that pisses you off, but it's the truth. Dak will always be ours, but what made him won't be, esp if you get your way.

But Dak has also said how much Brian Johnson has been instrumental in his development...could it be they both helped him?

I seen it dawg
11-24-2016, 09:37 PM
No he isn't. But if you don't think recruits won't know the guy who developed him is gone, I've got some beach front roperty in the Tombugee Bottom I want to sell you.

Brian Johnson is leaving?

lamont
11-24-2016, 09:38 PM

If Mullen leaves- we'll be ok. We are 4-7 and have lots of holes heading into next year with a bitch of a schedule. Any coach can do that for us.

We have had hired Jackie Sherrill, then should have hired Jimbo Fisher, and then Mullen. Finding a football coach isnt hard for us to do.

Liverpooldawg
Some of your most truly dumb thought on this one. And that's hard to do. If Mullen leaves all of a sudden Dak isn't from state anymore? How can you remotely think this.

Sheesh you people are denser than a bag of rocks. Dak won't disown us, but the fact that the guy that developed him isn't at MSU anymore will damn sure affect recruiting future players. Let's see, go play for the guy that put Dak in the league or the guy they hired to replace him that I have never really heard of? Jeez guys what's hard to understand about that?

I seen it dawg
And let's be truthful here....if Dak isn't the type of person and competitor he is then he isn't doing what he's doing...I say Dak has had more to do with what Dak is doing than Mullen or Johnson

Dak developed Dak

lamont
11-24-2016, 09:39 PM
Brian Johnson is leaving?

Brian Johnson works with the QB's 3 times as much as Mullen does...your everyday person doesnt realize that

I seen it dawg
11-24-2016, 09:40 PM
Sheesh you people are denser than a bag of rocks. Dak won't disown us, but the fact that the guy that developed him isn't at MSU anymore will damn sure affect recruiting future players. Let's see, go play for the guy that put Dak in the league or the guy they hired to replace him that I have never really heard of? Jeez guys what's hard to understand about that?

So you really think we are gonna hire someone no one has ever heard of? More stupid shit

I seen it dawg
Brian Johnson works with the QB's 3 times as much as Mullen does...your everyday person doesnt realize that

You mean some idiots don't realize that. Offending every day people.

Liverpooldawg
If Mullen leaves- we'll be ok. We are 4-7 and have lots of holes heading into next year with a bitch of a schedule. Any coach can do that for us.

We have had hired Jackie Sherrill, then should have hired Jimbo Fisher, and then Mullen. Finding a football coach isnt hard for us to do.

You have told me that before under other names on another board. You were absolutly 100% wrong on that one. Your track record isn't as good as mine, sorry.

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2016, 09:41 PM

When exactly did we hire him? And WHO hired him and developed HIM? Thanks for bringing him up. You just helped make my argument. THANKS!

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2016, 09:44 PM
So you really think we are gonna hire someone no one has ever heard of? More stupid shit

If we run Mullen off this year, the odds are very strong only those who are obcessed with college football assistants will have really heard of who we will hire.

lamont
11-24-2016, 09:45 PM
You have told me that before under other names on another board. You were absolutly 100% wrong on that one. Your track record isn't as good as mine, sorry.

Your boy Stands killed the program and made the hire harder- then Strick botched it completely. The State basketball job didnt get magically better in 3 years for Howland to want it

I said when we fired Crooms we would hire a good coach or top Coordinator. And we did. Funny that doesnt get mentioned

And I laid out the last 25 years of MSU football- it speaks for itself

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2016, 09:45 PM
And let's be truthful here....if Dak isn't the type of person and competitor he is then he isn't doing what he's doing...I say Dak has had more to do with what Dak is doing than Mullen or Johnson

Dak developed Dak

Ask Dak.

lamont
11-24-2016, 09:46 PM
If we run Mullen off this year, the odds are very strong only those who are obcessed with college football assistants will have really heard of who we will hire.

We arent running Mullen off- if he cant find a decent job- he will return. Stop getting your panties in a bunch

I seen it dawg
11-24-2016, 09:47 PM
When exactly did we hire him? And WHO hired him and developed HIM? Thanks for bringing him up. You just helped make my argument. THANKS!

2014...so Brian Johnson is a robot who is a Mullen clone? Does everything he says and does? So by that logic Bill Belicheck has Alabama undefeated this yr. Saban gets no credit bc he was developed and hired by Belicheck in Cleveland in 91. I just helped you cement yourself as terrible.

I seen it dawg
11-24-2016, 09:48 PM
Ask Dak.

Dak has said it in interviews!! You ****ing go ask him

IMissJack
11-24-2016, 09:49 PM
Did FL lose Tebow?

I seen it dawg
11-24-2016, 09:49 PM

I'll give you one thing you are consistent.

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2016, 09:50 PM
Your boy Stands killed the program and made the hire harder- then Strick botched it completely. The State basketball job didnt get magically better in 3 years for Howland to want it

I said when we fired Crooms we would hire a good coach or top Coordinator. And we did. Funny that doesnt get mentioned

And I laid out the last 25 years of MSU football- it speaks for itself
As I have said before, you information is faulty on that Ray hire. My source is IMPECCABLE when it comes to basketball. You couldn't be more wrong. I know you believe your source. I respect that. Trust me there isn't a much better one than mine on BASKETBALL.

lamont
11-24-2016, 09:51 PM

We hired Johnson in Feb 2014- and what do you know? Its been the best QB play we have ever had since

lmao- Johnson was with Mullen 1 year at Utah. Mullen hired him because WHITTINGHAM told him to

You are something Liver

lamont
11-24-2016, 09:52 PM
As I have said before, you information is faulty on that Ray hire. My source is IMPECCABLE when it comes to basketball. You couldn't be more wrong. I know you believe your source. I respect that. Trust me there isn't a much better one than mine on BASKETBALL.

My info is spot on. Its straight out of the ******* office. Hell, Hack spelled it out for you the other day and you still cant comprehend

lamont
11-24-2016, 09:54 PM

Ask Coastgeezer and TCDog is RR was our only choice. They know more about State basketball than you ever will.

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2016, 09:58 PM
I'll give you one thing you are consistent.

I called the Ray hire. I actually wasn't that fussed about Stans at the end. The only argument I had was timing. We should have waited another year. If he had turned it around then fantastic. If he didn't and we had a losing record THEN we could have fired him without the stigma we inflicted on ourselves. We perceived that firing a LOT different than it was perceived outside the Maroon glasses circle. That's where we are right now. If Mullen does this again next year then it won't be perceived the way it would be this year. I happen to think he is our best shot at turning it around. You can certainly argue that's not the case. But if we pull the trigger THIS year then we are looking at a sub par hire most likely. Take your Maroon glasses off and look at it from outside the Mississippi border.

I seen it dawg
11-24-2016, 10:00 PM
I called the Ray hire. I actually wasn't that fussed about Stans at the end. The only argument I had was timing. We should have waited another year. If he had turned it around then fantastic. If he didn't and we had a losing record THEN we could have fired him without the stigma we inflicted on ourselves. We perceived that firing a LOT different than it was perceived outside the Maroon glasses circle. That's where we are right now. If Mullen does this again next year then it won't be perceived the way it would be this year. I happen to think he is our best shot at turning it around. You can certainly argue that's not the case. But if we pull the trigger THIS year then we are looking at a sub par hire most likely. Take your Maroon glasses off and look at it from outside the Mississippi border.

No I want to go back to the Mullen developed Johnson so hence Dak developed by Mullen. You just skip over my Belicheck post? Or it make you look so bad you want to start changing the direction of the thread?

ETA...And I could give a **** about the ray abortion..stay on RP with that shit. Of which you're wrong about it too.

lamont
11-24-2016, 10:02 PM

We're not firing Mullen and I havent one time said we were. Ive repeatedly said we werent. You obviously have me confused with someone. I'm the poster that has said I hope he leaves for another job

I seen it dawg
11-24-2016, 10:03 PM
2014...so Brian Johnson is a robot who is a Mullen clone? Does everything he says and does? So by that logic Bill Belicheck has Alabama undefeated this yr. Saban gets no credit bc he was developed and hired by Belicheck in Cleveland in 91. I just helped you cement yourself as terrible.

Here you go livershit....make it easy to go back over it

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2016, 10:04 PM
Ask Coastgeezer and TCDog is RR was our only choice. They know more about State basketball than you ever will.

Ask the guy I know. He is closer to the inner circle at MSU than you and me will ever be. Once again, you were dead wrong about who we could hire that time. My guy absolutely nailed it. I told you what was going to happen before it happened. You didn't buy it then either.

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2016, 10:06 PM
My info is spot on. Its straight out of the ******* office. Hell, Hack spelled it out for you the other day and you still cant comprehend

Your info WAS and IS wrong. I told you so at the time. You didn't believe me then either, even after mine turned out to be right.

Todd4State
11-24-2016, 10:06 PM
Did Ole Miss lose the Manning's because Vaught had a heart attack and they fired Cutcliffe?

There used to be a stigma that you couldn't go to MSU and get developed no matter who the coach was. That has changed and it won't change whether Dan is our coach or not.

Todd4State
11-24-2016, 10:10 PM
Hell I'll say it- if we hire the football version of Rick Ray and then end up with the football version of Ben Howland three years later so be it.

Of course I'd rather our AD not screw it up from the start but we'll see how Cohen does with that. At least it won't be Stricklin making the hire.

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2016, 10:11 PM
Dak has said it in interviews!! You ****ing go ask him

So Dak gives no credit to Mullen? Really? You are aware of Mullen's track record with QBs aren't you? Heck look at Fitz THIS year.

lamont
11-24-2016, 10:11 PM
Ask the guy I know. He is closer to the inner circle at MSU than you and me will ever be. Once again, you were dead wrong about who we could hire that time. My guy absolutely nailed it. I told you what was going to happen before it happened. You didn't buy it then either.

lol- TCDog was in the group of people in the picture when Howland was announced. Nobody you know is closer than him

lamont
11-24-2016, 10:12 PM
So Dak gives no credit to Mullen? Really? You are aware of Mullen's track record with QBs aren't you?

Mullen does good with QB's. But our best QB play has been since Johnson came on board. That's fact

Todd4State
11-24-2016, 10:12 PM
And I'll say this too- I hope we don't hire Geoff Collins as it has been rumored because Stricklin loved him for some reason. We can do better than that and I hope some of our alumni that put Cohen in stay the hell away when we look for a football coach.

lamont
11-24-2016, 10:14 PM
And I'll say this too- I hope we don't hire Geoff Collins as it has been rumored because Stricklin loved him for some reason. We can do better than that and I hope some of our alumni that put Cohen in stay the hell away when we look for a football coach.

Our Big Dawgs will be very much in on the next hire. After Stricklin hired Ray- they said "never again". Thats why the hired Howland before Strick was even in the picture- dumped him in Strick's lap and said "make it work"

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2016, 10:16 PM
Did Ole Miss lose the Manning's because Vaught had a heart attack and they fired Cutcliffe?

There used to be a stigma that you couldn't go to MSU and get developed no matter who the coach was. That has changed and it won't change whether Dan is our coach or not.

Well, if you are willing to wait until Dak has a kid that is old enough to play college football then that Manning arguement might hold water. Then again, the Mannings followed Cutliff. That was why Peyton went to Tennessee. So given that, yeah, they lost the Mannings. The Mannings sure as heck didn't help them stay relevant for a LONG damn time after Vaught left.

GreenheadDawg
11-24-2016, 10:16 PM

Once again you prove to be an idiot. Mullen definitely help but if you think Mullen MADE the player you see for the Cowboys then you're dumber than I thought.

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2016, 10:17 PM
Mullen does good with QB's. But our best QB play has been since Johnson came on board. That's fact

True, but who developed Johnson and how did we get HIM?

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2016, 10:18 PM
Once again you prove to be an idiot. Mullen definitely help but if you think Mullen MADE the player you see for the Cowboys then you're dumber than I thought.

It never ceases to amaze me how much certain "MSU" fans like to tear down what we have.

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2016, 10:23 PM
Our Big Dawgs will be very much in on the next hire. After Stricklin hired Ray- they said "never again". Thats why the hired Howland before Strick was even in the picture- dumped him in Strick's lap and said "make it work"

My guy IS a Big Dawg, and then some. He still maintains Ray, or someone like him, was the best we could do at the time. After the Ray debacle we had a chance at a real hire. Everyone understood firing HIM. He wasn't fussed about Stricklin leaving, so y'all agree there. You were just wrong here man. No fault of yours, we are all only as good as our info.

dawgday166
11-24-2016, 10:24 PM

Whatever SMH.

How come Chris Relf and Tyler Russell aren't in the league. Could it be Brian Johnson wasn't here then? Losing Mullen won't hurt us in recruiting and might help on the Oline. I'd rather have a good QB with a great Oline than a great QB with a piss poor Oline.

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2016, 10:25 PM
This we can agree on. My guess is it's a moot point.

GreenheadDawg
11-24-2016, 10:26 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how much certain "MSU" fans like to tear down what we have.

We have a 4-7 record. 4-7. But oh yeh, forgot we were #1 for a few weeks. Dynasty!

lamont
11-24-2016, 10:27 PM

Johnson played for Whittingham longer than Urban Meyer. We got him because Whittingham referred him

lamont
11-24-2016, 10:29 PM
My guy IS a Big Dawg, and then some. He still maintains Ray, or someone like him, was the best we could do at the time. After the Ray debacle we had a chance at a real hire. Everyone understood firing HIM. He wasn't fussed about Stricklin leaving, so y'all agree there. You were just wrong here man. No fault of yours, we are all only as good as our info.

We could have at worst hired Joe Dooley- who has made it to postseason 3 straight years at FGC. We did not have to hire RR. aGAIN- Hack laid out what happened. No need going thru it again.

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2016, 10:30 PM
Whatever SMH.

How come Chris Relf and Tyler Russell aren't in the league. Could it be Brian Johnson wasn't here then? Losing Mullen won't hurt us in recruiting and might help on the Oline. I'd rather have a good QB with a great Oline than a great QB with a piss poor Oline.
Good grief that's a freaking reach. RELF? He is one of my favorite Dawgs of all time, the Bear Killer, but he didn't have the talent to play in the NFL. He barely had the talent to play in the SEC. Mullen worked WONDERS with that guy, as many here have said. You just made a better argument for my position than I have. Russell didn't fit the system, nor did he have the talent. His decision making and release were just slow. Great dawg but he just didn't have it. Come on man, that's just asinine.

I seen it dawg
11-24-2016, 10:31 PM

Once again I'll give you this...

Brian Johnson is a robot who is a Mullen clone? Does everything he says and does? So by that logic Bill Belicheck has Alabama undefeated this yr. Saban gets no credit bc he was developed and hired by Belicheck in Cleveland in 91. I just helped you cement yourself as terrible.

You just keep avoiding it

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2016, 10:32 PM
We could have at worst hired Joe Dooley- who has made it to postseason 3 straight years at FGC. We did not have to hire RR. aGAIN- Hack laid out what happened. No need going thru it again.

You have your sources, I have mine. Since mine were right BEFORE the fact, I'll believe them. I'll leave it at that.

I seen it dawg
11-24-2016, 10:32 PM
Good grief that's a freaking reach. RELF? He is one of my favorite Dawgs of all time, the Bear Killer, but he didn't have the talent to play in the NFL. He barely had the talent to play in the SEC. Mullen worked WONDERS with that guy, as many here have said. You just made a better argument for my position than I have. Russell didn't fit the system, nor did he have the talent. His decision making and release were just slow. Great dawg but he just didn't have it. Come on man, that's just asinine.

So if they don't have it Mullen can't help? But if they do have it Mullen develops them into players?

I seen it dawg
11-24-2016, 10:36 PM
So Dak gives no credit to Mullen? Really? You are aware of Mullen's track record with QBs aren't you? Heck look at Fitz THIS year.

I never said he gives no credit to Mullen. But you disappear on the Johnson point. Of which I made a point of saying Fitz has gotten better and maybe it's bc of Johnson. You avoided it. Which you do to any posts that make you look bad, which is easy. You are the new Will James.

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2016, 10:37 PM
Once again I'll give you this...

Brian Johnson is a robot who is a Mullen clone? Does everything he says and does? So by that logic Bill Belicheck has Alabama undefeated this yr. Saban gets no credit bc he was developed and hired by Belicheck in Cleveland in 91. I just helped you cement yourself as terrible.

You just keep avoiding it
Avoiding it? More like I was embarrassed for you and attempted to let it pass. Robot? Come on man, teaching a QB to think for himself and make decisions on the fly is THE most important part of developing a QB. That carries over into coaching. That's why I was laughing at 34 all last year when he kept attempting to mock Dak by calling him Checkdown Charlie. That was a compliment, even though 34 obviously never realized it.

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2016, 10:39 PM
So if they don't have it Mullen can't help? But if they do have it Mullen develops them into players?

Yes and no. Good gosh man. Read what you and I just typed.

I seen it dawg
11-24-2016, 10:40 PM
Avoiding it? More like I was embarrassed for you and attempted to let it pass. Robot? Come on man, teaching a QB to think for himself and make decisions on the fly is THE most important part of developing a QB. That carries over into coaching. That's why I was laughing at 34 all last year when he kept attempting to mock Dak by calling him Checkdown Charlie. That was a compliment, even though 34 obviously never realized it.

Dont avoid it. Don't try to get 34 into something and derail this...you made multiple posts where you say that Mullen is responsible for developing Dak bc Johnson was developed and hired by Mullen. While not giving Johnson any credit, even though it's very obvious he has done major work with Dak and Fitz. So by your logic it's really Belicheck that gets credit for Alabama success bc he hired Saban in Cleveland. Right? Right?

dawgday166
11-24-2016, 10:43 PM

I'll give you Mullen did a good job designing an offense to fit Relf's skills. And I'll give you that Dan does pretty decent with QBs but all his QBs in the league played for Meyer with the exception of Dak. And Dak has given Johnson pretty good credit for his development.

My point is if we lose Mullen it's not going to hurt our recruiting. That would depend on the next HC. We ain't setting the world on fire with our recruiting this year. Now if about 12 4* players all of sudden commit to us and stick with it, 4 of them on the Oline AND we hold onto Thompson, then I'll say maybe I'm wrong on this.

Dak's work ethic is unrivaled. He probably learned more from Gruden over the summer than he did from Mullen over 5 years.

lamont
11-24-2016, 10:44 PM
I never said he gives no credit to Mullen. But you disappear on the Johnson point. Of which I made a point of saying Fitz has gotten better and maybe it's bc of Johnson. You avoided it. Which you do to any posts that make you look bad, which is easy. You are the new Will James.

He ignores this too:

Johnson played for Whittingham longer than Urban Meyer. We got him because Whittingham referred him

I seen it dawg
11-24-2016, 10:46 PM
I'll give you Mullen did a good job designing an offense to fit Relf's skills. And I might even give you that Dan does pretty decent with QBs but all his QBs in the league played for Meyer with the exception of Dak. And Dak has given Johnson pretty good credit for his development.

My point is if we lose Mullen it's not going to hurt our recruiting. That would depend on the next HC. We ain't setting the world on fire with our recruiting this year. Now if about 12 4* players all of sudden commit to us and stick with it, 4 of them on the Oline AND we hold onto Thompson, then I'll say maybe I'm wrong on this.

Dak's work ethic is unrivaled. He probably learned more from Gruden over the summer than he did from Mullen over 5 years.

Well shit I've been wrong the whole time...it's not Johnson that gets credit it MEYER bc he hired Mullen who hired Johnson...**** me...oh wait...shit Earl Bruce hired Meyer...I can't google anymore

dawgday166
11-24-2016, 10:56 PM
Well shit I've been wrong the whole time...it's not Johnson that gets credit it MEYER bc he hired Mullen who hired Johnson...**** me...oh wait...shit Earl Bruce hired Meyer...I can't google anymore

Sorta maybe .. hell I don't know ha!

My point really was that where ever Meyer is, QBs go to the league from there too. Not saying Dan can't put them in the league also. Here's the main point .. When Dan was OC, he got ALL the credit for QBs developed when Meyer was HC, yet Meyer has continued to put QBs in the league after Dan (and won a NC with his 3rd string QB) who is now in the league). When Dan is HC, he STILL gets ALL the credit (even though the QB play at State has markedly improved since Johnson was hired). Hell, to some posters on here, Dan gets ALL the credit for anything great that happens with MSU football and NEVER gets any of the blame for the bad things that happen.

I seen it dawg
11-24-2016, 10:58 PM

My point really was that where ever Meyer is, QBs go to the league from there too. Not saying Dan can't put them in the league also. Here's the main point .. When Dan was OC, he got ALL the credit for QBs developed when Meyer was HC, yet Meyer has continued to put QBs in the league after Dan (and won a NC with his 3rd string QB) who is now in the league). When Dan is HC, he STILL gets ALL the credit (even though the QB play at State has markedly improved since Johnson was hired). Hell, to some posters on here, Dan gets ALL the credit for anything great that happens with MSU football and NEVER gets any of the blame for the bad things that happen.

Don't you bring your logic up in here

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2016, 11:00 PM
Dont avoid it. Don't try to get 34 into something and derail this...you made multiple posts where you say that Mullen is responsible for developing Dak bc Johnson was developed and hired by Mullen. While not giving Johnson any credit, even though it's very obvious he has done major work with Dak and Fitz. So by your logic it's really Belicheck that gets credit for Alabama success bc he hired Saban in Cleveland. Right? Right?

Who said I didn't give Johnson any credit? It works both ways though. THAT you refuse to do. AGAIN, teaching QB TO THINK FOR HIMSELF IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF DEVELOPING ONE.

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2016, 11:01 PM

Meyer had no contact at all with Dak. Relf was probably THE most improved QB I have ever seen over his time in college and that was before Johnson was hired. THAT is NOT dis to Johnson, that was a brilliant hire and he has helped a bunch. That guy needs to be promoted.

lamont
11-24-2016, 11:02 PM

as Liverpool likes to say "Agenda"

He is only going to post things that back up his side

I seen it dawg
11-24-2016, 11:03 PM
Who said I didn't give Johnson any credit? It works both ways though. THAT you refuse to do. AGAIN, teaching QB TO THINK FOR HIMSELF IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF DEVELOPING ONE.

We are both wrong. Earl Bruce is the guy. Since you said Mullen hired Johnson so Mullen is the developer of the QB. Which is wrong bc earl Bruce hired Meyer. Which really it's not Bruce..I didn't go the complete family tree so it goes back farther than Bruce.

Really Clark?
11-24-2016, 11:04 PM

Woody Hayes trained Bruce and Hayes learned under Tom Rogers at Denison who recommended Hayes as their next head coach when they were going to start up their football program again while Hayes was still serving in the Navy.

Liverpooldawg

LOL..........pot and kettle and all that. :D

I seen it dawg
Meyer had no contact at all with Dak. Relf was probably THE most improved QB I have ever seen over his time in college and that was before Johnson was hired. THAT is NOT dis to Johnson, that was a brilliant hire and he has helped a bunch. That guy needs to be promoted.
But but but Meyer hired Mullen...so that means Meyer is the developer

dawgday166
11-24-2016, 11:05 PM
Don't you bring your logic up in here

LOL. QBs are nice to have ... but I want to see some ultra fast LBs, DBs, and WRs with some big uglies that can move piles on both sides of the ball more than anything else right now.

I seen it dawg
11-24-2016, 11:06 PM
Woody Hayes trained Bruce and Hayes learned under Tom Rogers at Denison who recommended Hayes as their next head coach when they were going to start up their football program again while Hayes was still serving in the Navy.

So we can finally put it to bed then? Tom Rogers developed Dak. Shit that makes me feel better. Except surely somebody taught Rogers football...dammit

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2016, 11:07 PM
One more observation from this thread just for giggles: The Sainted Ninja left us for Arizona. The much maligned Strick left us for Florida. Now which one got the better gig? If you are honest there is really only one answer to that.

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2016, 11:08 PM
But but but Meyer hired Mullen...so that means Meyer is the developer

Whatever you say man........never argue with.........oh never mind.

dawgday166
11-24-2016, 11:09 PM

No ... but he did with Smith, Tebow, and to a lesser extent Cam (the same as Mullen). I imagine you're probably giving Mullen credit for Cam too.

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2016, 11:10 PM
Whatever you say man........never argue with.........oh never mind.

On second thought, you are right here and I was wrong. His coaching tree is going to be one of the best ever before all his guys are done.

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2016, 11:10 PM
No ... but he did with Smith, Tebow, and to a lesser extent Cam (the same as Mullen). I imagine you're probably giving Mullen credit for Cam too.

Nope, Cam was too far removed from him when he hit it big.

lamont
11-24-2016, 11:11 PM
So we can finally put it to bed then? Tom Rogers developed Dak. Shit that makes me feel better. Except surely somebody taught Rogers football...dammit

It all goes back to Stands

They give Stands credit for Richard Williams success and the FF because Stands was the lead recruiter.
Then they give Stands credit for Stands success because he was the HC. Even though its not lost on most people that Stands got fired not long after Robert Kirby left. Robert Kirby also worked under Richard Williams

dawgday166
11-24-2016, 11:15 PM

I noticed that too. I can't argue that I don't have an Agenda. And it is ... I wanna see us play fast, physical, hard-nosed football and knock the shit out of the other team every game. And when we do that and it's a close game, I don't want to see us lose cause our HC can't manage a clock or our FG kicker can't make a FG.

dawgday166
11-24-2016, 11:17 PM

They give Stands credit for Richard Williams success and the FF because Stands was the lead recruiter.
Then they give Stands credit for Stands success because he was the HC. Even though its not lost on most people that Stands got fired not long after Robert Kirby left. Robert Kirby also worked under Richard Williams

I can tell Liverpool was a Stans guy ... even tho I wasn't on this board then. And Kirby was the key IMO too.

Really Clark?
11-24-2016, 11:18 PM

Haha. Not sure we have the history past that. But that was over 80 years ago so we can probably stop there.

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2016, 11:19 PM

ABSOLUTELY NOT. Williams was ten times the coach Stans was. William's little mistake cost us the chance to really establish ourselves. Stans could have been replaced as a recruiter and staff good cop. Williams as head never really was. Sure Richard had his down years, but the man could flat out coach. If he had been coaching the Road Warriors we would have won it all. Come on Random, give me SOME credit. I watched all of those years from very close range and with very good info. Man, I miss my Dad. We gave up the tickets when he got to where he couldn't go anymore. Those were fun times, esp when Williams was the coach.

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2016, 11:20 PM
I can tell Liverpool was a Stans guy ... even tho I wasn't on this board then. And Kirby was the key IMO too.

I was actually a Williams guy. Stans was better than his replacements, so far. I think that is about to change, NEXT year.

Todd4State
11-24-2016, 11:38 PM
Well, if you are willing to wait until Dak has a kid that is old enough to play college football then that Manning arguement might hold water. Then again, the Mannings followed Cutliff. That was why Peyton went to Tennessee. So given that, yeah, they lost the Mannings. The Mannings sure as heck didn't help them stay relevant for a LONG damn time after Vaught left.

If you don?t think Ole Miss uses the Manning?s when they are recruiting I don?t know what else to tell you. Heck, Chris Kiffen had a picture of three guys on his twitter profile that went to Ole Miss that he didn?t even coach including Patrick Willis.

Dak is still going to support us and be a great ambassador for us after Dan leaves, which will likely happen sometime during the course of Dak?s NFL career. Just like all of our players in MLB currently are great ambassadors for us even though they didn?t play for Cannizaro. And just like we didn?t lose Fred Smoot as an ambassador even though he played for Jackie whether Croom or Dan was the coach.

And back to the Manning?s- they?re more pro Ole Miss than they are pro UT and they don?t have anything do with Duke football that I am aware of other than maybe inviting their QB to the Manning Passing Academy. Heck- Archie is the main one that hired Freeze and way more involved in their Network than a lot of people realize.

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2016, 11:45 PM
If you don?t think Ole Miss uses the Manning?s when they are recruiting I don?t know what else to tell you. Heck, Chris Kiffen had a picture of three guys on his twitter profile that went to Ole Miss that he didn?t even coach including Patrick Willis.

Dak is still going to support us and be a great ambassador for us after Dan leaves, which will likely happen sometime during the course of Dak?s NFL career. Just like all of our players in MLB currently are great ambassadors for us even though they didn?t play for Cannizaro. And just like we didn?t lose Fred Smoot as an ambassador even though he played for Jackie whether Croom or Dan was the coach.

And back to the Manning?s- they?re more pro Ole Miss than they are pro UT and they don?t have anything do with Duke football that I am aware of other than maybe inviting their QB to the Manning Passing Academy. Heck- Archie is the main one that hired Freeze and way more involved in their Network than a lot of people realize.
To bad it didn't work with Peyton (and with Archie at the time). Peyton is ALL UT. Have you watched one of their games this year?

Todd4State
11-24-2016, 11:50 PM
To bad it didn't work with Peyton (and with Archie at the time). Peyton is ALL UT. Have you watched one of their games this year?

Not many. I'm usually at ours. Too bad Tennessee can't use Peyton to recruit since he didn't play for Butch Jones though.**

dawgday166
11-24-2016, 11:52 PM
Not many. I'm usually at ours. Too bad Tennessee can't use Peyton to recruit since he didn't play for Butch Jones though.**

Speaking of Peyton. That Fulmer guy was a helluva QB whisperer *********

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2016, 11:55 PM

So you guys see no advantage in having the coach that coached the hottest name in the NFL coaching for us? Serious question. Me too on being there, missed Stamford this year. The one game I did watch Peyton was in the booth for about 10 minutes.

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2016, 11:55 PM
Speaking of Peyton. That Fulmer guy was a helluva QB whisperer *********
He did all right with Tee Martin.

dawgday166
11-25-2016, 12:00 AM
So you guys see no advantage in having the coach that coached the hottest name in the NFL coaching for us? Serious question.

Doesn't hurt but not sure it's a big thing to a recruit. I'm also saying you have to extend offers and spend time on the recruiting trail to take advantage of that ... if it is that much of an advantage. A coach will get out-recruited all day every day if he ain't putting in the time on the trail and developing a relationship with the recruit.

Liverpooldawg
11-25-2016, 12:04 AM
Doesn't hurt but not sure it's a big thing to a recruit. I'm also saying you have to extend offers and spend time on the recruiting trail to take advantage of that ... if it is that much of an advantage. A coach will get out-recruited all day every day if he ain't putting in the time on the trail and developing a relationship with the recruit.

Agree with all but the first. It HAS to help.

Todd4State
11-25-2016, 12:58 AM
So you guys see no advantage in having the coach that coached the hottest name in the NFL coaching for us? Serious question. Me too on being there, missed Stamford this year. The one game I did watch Peyton was in the booth for about 10 minutes.

No one has said that there is no advantage. You acted like- at least initially until called out- that if Dan left we couldn’t claim Dak anymore. And that’s ridiculous. We’re saying that you don’t HAVE to have Dan to use Dak to help recruit to our program.

Especially in light of the fact that we don’t know who will replace Dan whenever that day does come. We may hire someone that is another really good developer of QB’s. We may not. It’s not worth worrying about at this point and it shouldn’t be the end all be all as far as how we manage our coaching staff and how we hold them accountable.

GTHOM
11-25-2016, 03:01 AM

18 year old kids could give two shits

Spiderman
11-25-2016, 08:17 AM
I can end the why Jonson is here argument.

He was an unknown backup heading into the spring of his Sr. yr of HS. Meyer sent Mullen down to recruit/evaluate the guy who had started ahead of Johnson.

Mullen came back and told Meyer that the starter wasn't for them, but the backup was their QB of the future. Meyer trusted him enough to let him recruit him and ended up agreeing with Mullen later on.

Johnson and Mullen have been joined at the hip for a long time. Also by the fall when Johnson was on the team he was only 17 yrs old.

confucius say
11-25-2016, 08:56 AM
Because we put one in the league? I don't see anyone marching around calling him the QB whisperer. And before you get spun up I'm not saying he doesn't do a really good job bc he does, there's no debating that. But shit there are a lot of coaches out there that develop qbs well...and there is the part of Dak saying how much Brian Johnson helped him develop...and maybe Fitz is getting better bc of Johnson...

Well he is referred to as the qb whisperer on the rant

lamont
11-25-2016, 10:27 AM
I can end the why Jonson is here argument.

He was an unknown backup heading into the spring of his Sr. yr of HS. Meyer sent Mullen down to recruit/evaluate the guy who had started ahead of Johnson.

Mullen came back and told Meyer that the starter wasn't for them, but the backup was their QB of the future. Meyer trusted him enough to let him recruit him and ended up agreeing with Mullen later on.

Johnson and Mullen have been joined at the hip for a long time. Also by the fall when Johnson was on the team he was only 17 yrs old.

Mullen left after his 2nd year- Johnson got hurt his Jr year and redshirted. Then played 2 more under Whittingham. Then a couple years after graduation was hired by Whittingham. Change of scenery was needed by Johnson- as the only experience he had was in Utah. Both of their ties to Mullen made State a great choice