PDA

View Full Version : Herman to LSU making its rounds

civildawg
11-24-2016, 07:28 PM
Pretty scary if you ask me. Not that it matters since we rarely beat them anyway.

Bass Chaser
11-24-2016, 07:37 PM
I think he would be better than Jimbo not for us but LSU.

preachermatt83
11-24-2016, 07:39 PM

Yup. Jimbo is overrated IMO. He's a good coach but he's not what he's cracked up to be.

ShotgunDawg
11-24-2016, 07:45 PM

You could be right, but what evidence do you have of this?

The only reason anyone would say this is just because you know Jimbo and have seen him fail. He's less sexy, but he's a great coach. Herman may be great as well, but there is an extremely short, incomplete track record.

Jimbo has a natty. Herman may just be another Charlie Strong. Their resumes prior to Charlie going to TX are about the same.

ScottH
11-24-2016, 07:46 PM
I assume Herman will be interested in a dual threat QB?

Bass Chaser
11-24-2016, 07:46 PM
You could be right, but what evidence do you have of this?

The only reason anyone would say this is just because you know Jimbo and have seen him fail. He's less sexy, but he's a great coach. Herman may be great as well, but there is an extremely short, incomplete track record.

Jimbo has a natty. Herman may just be another Charlie Strong. Their resumes prior to Charlie going to TX are about the same.

That's why I said "I think". I didn't say he would be. You know what you get with Jimbo. Really need 1-2 more years to get an idea how Herman will perform.

MarketingBully
11-24-2016, 07:54 PM
I assume Herman will be interested in a dual threat QB?

They have two QBs already committed and Thompson is an EE. Only way we lose him is if Mullen bolts.

TUSK
11-24-2016, 07:58 PM
both coaches would be batshit nuts to take the LSU job (assuming TX wants Herman & FSU still wants Jimbo)....

That being said, either would be light years better than Ed O (who was miles better than his predecessor)...

Commercecomet24
11-24-2016, 08:03 PM
both coaches would be batshit nuts to take the LSU job (assuming TX wants Herman & FSU still wants Jimbo)....

That being said, either would be light years better than Ed O (who was miles better than his predecessor)...

This^^^^. Stay at FSU and take the Texas job way easier to win at those places than SEC west. Happy Thanksgiving, Tusk.

preachermatt83
11-24-2016, 08:07 PM

ISWYDT

TUSK
11-24-2016, 08:09 PM
ISWYDT

wha, huh?

:rolleyes:

TUSK
11-24-2016, 08:11 PM
This^^^^. Stay at FSU and take the Texas job way easier to win at those places than SEC west. Happy Thanksgiving, Tusk.

Did you know that Bear Bryant's great-great-great grandfather actually started Thanksgiving?

He imported a buncha stud Russians, threw the Indians some blankets and shut em out 64-0....*

happy turkey day, buddy!

DLGDawg
11-24-2016, 08:13 PM
It's on the espn ticker. Deal possible as early as Saturday

lamont
11-24-2016, 08:13 PM
LSU job is a great job and better than UT. Herman made the right choice

ScottH
11-24-2016, 08:17 PM
For those questioning what would happen to Aranda.

On satellite radio they just said Herman and Aranda played together at Cal Lutheran.

Bucky Dog
11-24-2016, 08:22 PM
Done deal according to ESPN.

civildawg
11-24-2016, 08:26 PM
Why would you want come in and play against Saban when you can go to Texas and only have to worry about big game bob?

shrimp
11-24-2016, 08:28 PM
Mullen to Houston. Heard he's there interviewing right now.***

Done deal according to ESPN.

Percho
11-24-2016, 08:46 PM
They have two QBs already committed and Thompson is an EE. Only way we lose him is if Mullen bolts.

Mullen teach EE?

lamont
11-24-2016, 09:18 PM
Why would you want come in and play against Saban when you can go to Texas and only have to worry about big game bob?

Because you want to show everyone you can beat Saban playing in the premier conference in the country

sandwolf
11-24-2016, 09:18 PM
Mullen teach EE?

Early Enrollee.

msbulldog
11-24-2016, 11:02 PM
LSU job is a great job and better than UT. Herman made the right choice

Yeah except for Joe Aleva.

lamont
11-24-2016, 11:05 PM
Yeah except for Joe Aleva.

What has Alleva done wrong?

The damn Governor of Louisiana stepped in and kept them from firing Miles last year. They had to keep Miles until this year for his buyout to drop

Bucky Dog
11-24-2016, 11:07 PM
I just have to say that both LSU and Texas have the most ****ed up AD's and fan bases I have ever seen! They make emotional decisons and pander to the higher few!

msbulldog
11-24-2016, 11:19 PM
What has Alleva done wrong?

The damn Governor of Louisiana stepped in and kept them from firing Miles last year. They had to keep Miles until this year for his buyout to drop

Random would you want him as our AD? Poor play in Florida/hurricane negotiation. He does not have the big-time supporters of LSU behind him. The coaches have no respect for him, evidenced by the Miles fiasco last year. Not to mention their sorry excuse for a basketball program, #1 player in the nation and miss the tourney.
Anyway Happy Thanksgiving Random, I have always enjoyed your knowledge and insight in your posts. Hail State!

lamont
11-24-2016, 11:35 PM
Random would you want him as our AD? Poor play in Florida/hurricane negotiation. He does not have the big-time supporters of LSU behind him. The coaches have no respect for him, evidenced by the Miles fiasco last year. Not to mention their sorry excuse for a basketball program, #1 player in the nation and miss the tourney.
Anyway Happy Thanksgiving Random, I have always enjoyed your knowledge and insight in your posts. Hail State!

What?

He got a game that was scheduled in Florida moved to LSU. Thats a great AD move- the team didnt do their part and win
The Governor of the state told the President of LSU that they would not be firing Miles- had nothing to do with Alleva
Now they are about to hire one of the top young coaches in the country

Hell yeah I'd take him as AD

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2016, 11:37 PM
What?

He got a game that was scheduled in Florida moved to LSU. Thats a great AD move- the team didnt do their part and win
The Governor of the state told the President of LSU that they would not be firing Miles- had nothing to do with Alleva
Now they are about to hire one of the top young coaches in the country

Hell yeah I'd take him as AD
Well, to be fair doesn't LSU have to go to Florida the next two years now? I thought I saw that from a Florida friend.

msbulldog
11-24-2016, 11:43 PM
Well, to be fair doesn't LSU have to go to Florida the next two years now? I thought I saw that from a Florida friend.

Yep and the home game at LSU this year didn't work out real good for LSU.

Todd4State
11-24-2016, 11:44 PM

I think so, but not playing that game at all would have been worse and could have potentially affected LSU’s chance at potentially winning the SEC West at the time. Yes, they may have to play at UF two years in a row but there has to be some give and take in that situation. Actually kind of shitty on Florida’s part to call LSU out about playing a game that they didn’t want to play.