PDA

View Full Version : One thing to watch for in the Egg Bowl

lamont
11-24-2016, 04:58 PM
is their DL vs our OL

The last 3 Egg's their DL has absolutely hammered our OL with all their slanting and stunts they run. We have looked as though we are absolutely clueless and uncoached vs them. Totally confused. This has allowed them to get early leads and lots of confidence. Its taken us until the 2nd half to make adjustments to what they are doing to us. That cant happen this year if we are to have a chance to win.

shoeless joe
11-24-2016, 05:02 PM
I expect their team to come out on top of the world like they do against us every year. If we weather the storm and stay methodical we can be in it late with a legit shot to win. But our D has to get its head out of its ass and actually show up.

CadaverDawg
11-24-2016, 05:06 PM
Coach, what would you think about us trying to play ultimate ball control to help our D? I think we'll be able to run, so what if we came out and just ran the play clock down btwn every play and took the air out of the ball and kept it away from their O? It would take the crowd out of it and our best defense is our offense. Your thoughts? Am I crazy?

RocketDawg
11-24-2016, 05:12 PM
Coach, what would you think about us trying to play ultimate ball control to help our D? I think we'll be able to run, so what if we came out and just ran the play clock down btwn every play and took the air out of the ball and kept it away from their O? It would take the crowd out of it and our best defense is our offense. Your thoughts? Am I crazy?

Tom Brady got suspended for doing that .... **

lamont
11-24-2016, 05:54 PM

I like it and totally agree. The only thing- with their lack of depth on D- would we be better served to hurry and try to wear them out? Thats what Mullen gets paid to do. Its certainly to our advantage to run clock tho- no doubt about it. The less D we have to play- the better.

starkvegasdawg
11-24-2016, 05:57 PM
I like it and totally agree. The only thing- with their lack of depth on D- would we be better served to hurry and try to wear them out? Thats what Mullen gets paid to do. Its certainly to our advantage to run clock tho- no doubt about it. The less D we have to play- the better.
Maybe wear them out with 14 play drives instead of tempo. Let the bears run tempo and hopefully go three and out a lot.

missouridawg
11-24-2016, 06:02 PM

The Florida 2010 game plan.

msstate7
11-24-2016, 06:04 PM

I want us to be lined up fast, but not snap till 10 seconds and under. We use clock and deny them subs at the same time.

HoopsDawg
11-24-2016, 06:05 PM
It's tough to win when u can't cover and we can't cover them.

msstate7
11-24-2016, 06:17 PM
It's tough to win when u can't cover and we can't cover them.

They can't cover us either

Goldendawg
11-24-2016, 06:21 PM
I just hope we come out looking like we want to play hard and win. My son and I sat thru the entire Arky game and our D being out of position was troublesome but our inability to form tackle by many players is very head scratching, this late in the season. Is this on a lack of coaching, lack of heart, or not playing with relentless effort, strain or what? I know the game has changed to favor the offense but I would love to see us hit and lock up Saturday on D. I feel good about our O against UNM, especially if we RTDB. Hail State!