PDA

View Full Version : OT: Charbroil Big Easy

Rick Danko
11-24-2016, 11:26 AM
Just curious if any of you all have used a big easy, and if so, does your turkey (mine is breast only) take longer to cook then what is shown on their instruction page. Any tips or info would be appreciated.

shannondawg
11-24-2016, 01:04 PM
Use a thermometer. The secret to turkey is not to overlook any method.

Rick Danko
11-24-2016, 01:35 PM
I did that and it turned out fine... my bigger confusion is their website recommends it will take 10 minutes per pound (noting this is a guess but to always use thermometer to ensure it's done fully) but the one I did this morning took almost three times that long. It just amazed me it took so long, this is my fourth year to do one and it's never done that before. Just wondered if they lose power over the years or what may have caused that.

Dawgbite
11-24-2016, 03:52 PM
The biggest variable is the meats temp when you put it on the grill. That and big pieces of meat will stall on you.

I seen it dawg
11-24-2016, 05:03 PM
Used mine today. I always pull it at 155-57 and let it rest to 165. Turns out great. If it's cold outside can take a little longer sometimes 4-5 mins more per pound. If it gets done earlier than anticipated I just wait to carve it. It doesn't get cold.