PDA

View Full Version : Harrison Cheatwood 2018 QB

pdawg10msu
11-24-2016, 09:22 AM
http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4341194/57eb3488f61708961c200ea6

I posted his sophomore clips last year on here for y'all to see so I figured I'd do it again. He is the QB for the team Im the DB coach for and we all think he is D1 quality. He has offers from some small schools like Samford, MTSU, most the small Alabama and Georgia schools. And he has drawn interest from UAB, Memphis and even a little from A&M. Let me know what y'all think. Hailstate!

Treemydawg
11-24-2016, 09:38 AM
I can't believe unm isn't all over this kid strictly because of his last name.

pdawg10msu
11-24-2016, 09:46 AM
I can't believe unm isn't all over this kid strictly because of his last name.

They are all over our star WR/DB and he isn't even rated so apparently they feel there gonna need those back up recruits.

preachermatt83
11-24-2016, 10:00 AM
Strong arm. Elusive. Long way to go with footwork.

missouridawg
11-24-2016, 10:22 AM
They are all over our star WR/DB and he isn't even rated so apparently they feel there gonna need those back up recruits.

After it's over, I'd love to hear about the recruiting process, if you care to share.

pdawg10msu
11-24-2016, 11:16 AM
After it's over, I'd love to hear about the recruiting process, if you care to share.
Yeah I will share. Its been nothing special honestly. We always have coaches at the practices wanting to speak with the players. We only have 3 guys being recruited though.

pdawg10msu
12-08-2016, 08:07 AM
Hey guys. He received a letter from State yesterday. If I get a picture of the letter and his permission, I will post it on here.

Westdawg
12-08-2016, 09:18 AM
Hey guys. He received a letter from State yesterday. If I get a picture of the letter and his permission, I will post it on here.

Hey coach, from one coach to another, I wouldn't do that. Sometimes that stuff can spiral on a coach (recruiting).
I found as a coach to make a player as aware of all information regarding any program recruiting them, but never letting info about the kid get out to sources other than programs recruiting them. The greatest joy is seeing your players get to that next level, and sometimes that means they go somewhere you don't think is best for them. They have to decide that. But enjoy the heck out of it with him. And tell both him and our staff to get your guy to their camps and as many other camps asap

BB30
12-08-2016, 09:43 AM
Hey coach, from one coach to another, I wouldn't do that. Sometimes that stuff can spiral on a coach (recruiting).
I found as a coach to make a player as aware of all information regarding any program recruiting them, but never letting info about the kid get out to sources other than programs recruiting them. The greatest joy is seeing your players get to that next level, and sometimes that means they go somewhere you don't think is best for them. They have to decide that. But enjoy the heck out of it with him. And tell both him and our staff to get your guy to their camps and as many other camps asap

100% agree.. it is an awesome experience getting to see a kid live out a dream though.

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2016, 09:56 AM
Good looking player. Looks like rawer version of Shea Patterson. Style of game is very similar

pdawg10msu
12-08-2016, 10:00 AM

Thanks for the advice and you are very right. I love seeing the joy on there faces when they see these letters. I've been coaching here 3 years now so I've been with this group of seniors since they got on varsity and I've built a bond with every single one of them. It's an amazing joy.

BrunswickDawg
12-08-2016, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the advice and you are very right. I love seeing the joy on there faces when they see these letters. I've been coaching here 3 years now so I've been with this group of seniors since they got on varsity and I've built a bond with every single one of them. It's an amazing joy.

Take real pride in that and work it to get kids noticed. My HS coach in the late 80s/early90s was very vocal about getting kids to the next level - no matter how small the program. He was one of the first to be big on highlight videos, and we had 8-12 kids every year go to every size program. Coach was a happy for the guy who made Truett-McConnell as he was for the guy who went to UGA because he knew how it could impact their lives.

Wish my baseball coach had taken the same tact. Asshole told scouts "we didn't have college material" - even though they had seen us play scouting our opponents and approached him about guys on the team.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-08-2016, 10:41 AM
His competition looks a little weak. It's pitch and catch against players who can't tackle. He has a great touch on the ball though. He has definite D1 ability.

pdawg10msu
12-08-2016, 10:46 AM
His competition looks a little weak. It's pitch and catch against players who can't tackle. He has a great touch on the ball though. He has definite D1 ability.
Yeah we are in 2A but in our spring game we played 4A powerhouse Leeds High School and he was every bit as dominate vs them, now they throttled our defense and we lost by 5.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-08-2016, 10:59 AM
Best of luck to him thanks for sharing.

ZedFedder
12-08-2016, 12:01 PM
Think he could be really good at a FCS type school. I think against faster opponents he would not necessarily have as much luck.