PDA

View Full Version : Big Egg Bowl this year

lamont
11-23-2016, 12:11 PM
1. We can assure them of a losing season
2. We can keep Freezus from winning 3 straight in the series
3. We can grab some momentum heading into the offseason
4. A win allows Mullen to finish ahead of Freezus in the SEC for the 4th time in 5 seasons
5. A win gives us a 6-4 advantage the last 10 years and a 13-12 advantage the last 25 years

And lastly- its the ****ing Egg Bowl. Its time to show some pride and toughness to bring that trophy back where it belongs.

bulldawg28
11-23-2016, 12:24 PM
Great post!

Statecoachingblows**
11-23-2016, 12:27 PM
Last place behind the dawgs would be a pretty farrar fall from preseason #12

msstate7
11-23-2016, 12:29 PM
12-12 the last 24 years, huh? The egg doesn't get near the credit it deserves as one of college football's best rivalries.

TrapGame
11-23-2016, 12:39 PM

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-14251-Eddie-Murphy-I-see-what-you-di-PAQX.jpeg

Dawg61
11-23-2016, 12:59 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/YON27KEmE27de/giphy.gif

starkvegasdawg
11-23-2016, 01:29 PM
That's what worries me. The bigger the game the flatter we come out and play. Just seems like we wilt under pressure. If we were both 3-8 this game and had squat to play for I would like our chances much better. When we have something on the line the defoulment of the sheets always seems inevitable.

thf24
11-23-2016, 01:45 PM
That's what worries me. The bigger the game the flatter we come out and play. Just seems like we wilt under pressure. If we were both 3-8 this game and had squat to play for I would like our chances much better. When we have something on the line the defoulment of the sheets always seems inevitable.

This is true, but the thing that's got me a little optimistic is that, barring one team being ineptly horrible a la us 2008 or them 2010 and 11, the opposite of the expected outcome always seems to happen. However, there's the fact that home field seems to be an insurmountable advantage outside of the past 3-4 years. Just so many weird trends that seem to affect this game.

Gomez09
11-23-2016, 01:58 PM
Not to mention.. If we win we could acutally ( not that we deserve to ) go to a bowl if all the things fall into place at 5-7 and they would be stuck at home. Would be funny.... o and 17 those guys

JoseBrown
11-23-2016, 02:14 PM
Hey Mullen, let Boobie be in charge of motivating the team this week please!! Or somebody that can get them up on Gameday! You could do a lot of good winning this game!

TrapGame
11-23-2016, 02:30 PM
Not to mention.. If we win we could acutally ( not that we deserve to ) go to a bowl if all the things fall into place at 5-7 and they would be stuck at home. Would be funny.... o and 17 those guys

Man, I'd laugh my ass off if we went to a bowl at 5-7 because we beat them to close out the year. The om boards would be in total nuclear meltdown!

WSOPdawg
11-23-2016, 02:39 PM
Man, I'd laugh my ass off if we went to a bowl at 5-7 because we beat them to close out the year. The om boards would be in total nuclear meltdown!

Not to mention our victory would serve as the appetizer for TCUN's 2017 NCAA Harbinger of Death buffet that they're about to be placed in front of. A win Saturday absolutely crushes them prior to the holidays.

Bothrops
11-23-2016, 02:41 PM
We aren't a passionate team. Mullen has become soft all around. For us to win, Ole Miss will have to care even less.

starkvegasdawg
11-23-2016, 02:42 PM
Hey Mullen, let Boobie be in charge of motivating the team this week please!! Or somebody that can get them up on Gameday! You could do a lot of good winning this game!

Just make sure he parks in a parking space when he gets here.

RocketDawg
11-23-2016, 04:30 PM

I doubt it. We only have one good win this year (A&M, and it's turning out not to be all that great), and we have some really bad losses (South Alabama, BYU, Kentucky), and didn't play well in another couple (UMass, Samford). On the bright side, some of the losses were last second scores by the other team or last second screwups by us. Surely there are sufficient other 5-win teams that we won't be needed ... but I wouldn't mind going.

Gomez09
11-23-2016, 04:33 PM
Im pretty sure that would depend on the APR score which I believe states is 11th or so. So we would be sitting in decent shot. Now if they went by quality of opp. or loses then no way we would get in