PDA

View Full Version : So- what made you hate Ole Miss????

lamont
11-22-2016, 08:08 PM
I grew up in the 70's and 80's- during a time when Integration was new to the state of Mississippi. Mississippi State- being the state school of Mississippi- embraced Integration much more than our elitest counterparts. My father had gone to State- but didnt graduate. He had actually been somewhat of an OM fan, having played semi-pro baseball with Jake Gibbs and others. He preferred State over OM- but it wasnt that big of a deal to him. He was actually more of a fan of Bear Bryant and Alabama- then even moreso when he got into coaching and studied with Bryant's staff on the Wishbone. He went on to study with Bellard and by most accounts was one of the top coaches of the Wishbone offense in Mississippi.

Being a State fan just always felt right to me. But what put me over the edge was the absolute racist OM fans that used the N-word constantly when referring to State players. They were the absolutely most obnoxious fans I had ever been around. It was absolutely miserable being around these people as a kid. My Grandfather got tickets to all the games in Memorial Stadium each year- so I got to attend both State and OM games every year starting when I was 4 years old. By the time I was 6 or 7 years old- it was obvious which team I was a fan of.

No way I could be a fan of such racist, obnoxious people playing that awful song over and over at every game

GreenheadDawg
11-22-2016, 08:14 PM
Well my dislike started when I was a little boy because I saw and heard how much my dad, uncle, and grandfather hated them. Then I got to be a teenager and realized how terrible they are at life so I understood the hate. Now, I want to eat their soul and watch the grove fade into the black abyss

Dolphus Raymond
11-22-2016, 08:14 PM
My DNA.

sleepy dawg
11-22-2016, 08:30 PM
It certainly had nothing to do with being an MSU fan, as I started recognizing that I hated them before I became a diehard state fan. I began recognizing a pattern of behavior of cockiness, a lack of taking ownership for issues (everything is always someone elses fault when something goes wrong), among many others. It was and still is the personality type of those who attended the school.

Thrill1
11-22-2016, 08:37 PM
1983 Egg. That is all.

Political Hack
11-22-2016, 08:39 PM
1) One of their "finest" and cult heroes paid a fat basted to lie about me all over every media outlet dumb enough to pick it up.

2) The overt racism that is allowed to persist through the continued worship of old south symbols and acts of hate, including the common use of the rebel flag by their fans, the noose around Dr. Meredith's statue, the riots after Obama was elected, the Lott guy's yelling of the N-word at our players, and the very use of the term "Ole Miss." They've gotten better over the years slowly getting away from a lot of this, but it's too little too late and any remaining semblance of this is too much.

3) The fake thought that Miss State somehow doesn't rise to the level of being their "real rival" despite their obvious hate for everything positive that comes out of Miss State.

4) Stepping over cough syrup bottles in dusty/muddy thicket.

5) Rainouts at the Tad.

6) Beer baths at baseball games.

7) Raining whiskey bottles at VHS.

8) The amazingly impressive level of delusion their fans carry about any and all things related to OM athletics. "no investigation" has turned into "Leo did it and we're all going down together." Lmao.

9) The corruption surrounding their "puppetting" of the MS media.

10) They had C34 removed from a great coaching job because he's a State fan and hates OM. They've also tried to have other people fired from their jobs because they said something negative about OM. Their "Network" has no decency. Even today I received a message about one of their website reporters bad mouthing one of our player's moms. I don't ever recall Steve or Paul stooping to those levels, but I may be wrong. Either way, it's just not right and its lower than low. Absolutely no class.

BrunswickDawg
11-22-2016, 08:39 PM
1992- first and only trip to Oxford. Ducked a flying whisky bottle outside the Vaught. That topped off a revolting day of Confederate flags, "**** you you leg humper", and some bad food in the Grove.

DogsofAnarchy
11-22-2016, 08:45 PM
Jack Daniels

QUOTE=Random Poster;655865]I grew up in the 70's and 80's- during a time when Integration was new to the state of Mississippi. Mississippi State- being the state school of Mississippi- embraced Integration much more than our elitest counterparts. My father had gone to State- but didnt graduate. He had actually been somewhat of an OM fan, having played semi-pro baseball with Jake Gibbs and others. He preferred State over OM- but it wasnt that big of a deal to him. He was actually more of a fan of Bear Bryant and Alabama- then even moreso when he got into coaching and studied with Bryant's staff on the Wishbone. He went on to study with Bellard and by most accounts was one of the top coaches of the Wishbone offense in Mississippi.

Being a State fan just always felt right to me. But what put me over the edge was the absolute racist OM fans that used the N-word constantly when referring to State players. They were the absolutely most obnoxious fans I had ever been around. It was absolutely miserable being around these people as a kid. My Grandfather got tickets to all the games in Memorial Stadium each year- so I got to attend both State and OM games every year starting when I was 4 years old. By the time I was 6 or 7 years old- it was obvious which team I was a fan of.

No way I could be a fan of such racist, obnoxious people playing that awful song over and over at every game[/QUOTE]

EngDawg
11-22-2016, 09:02 PM
I was the only state fan at my school as a kid. You can imagine how that goes after an egg bowl loss.

Saltydog
11-22-2016, 09:10 PM
NT

BayouDawg
11-22-2016, 09:17 PM
It's 1997 I'm 6 years old. Me and my family take our annual family thanksgiving vacation to Gatlinburg. My uncle decides to invite one his friends and his family to come spend the week in the cabin with us. Turns out they are all Ole Miss douche bags. I knew I didn't like ole miss because they were our rivals but that was as far as my understanding went. Well fast forward to the egg bowl. We're all gathered down stairs in the living room watching the game. I'm excited wearing my new MSU sweat shirt. This grown ass man ole miss fan proceeds to taunt me a 6 year old little kid the whole entire game and when they made the 2 point conversion at the end I'm pissed and crying and this douche gets in my face going boo hoo ya little cry baby. Needless to say him and my dad had a tussle which was pretty awesome. Thus my pure hatred for ole miss was born.

Statecoachingblows**
11-22-2016, 09:17 PM
in a conversation I secretly recorded, Leo Lewis told me to***

Pretty much was never given a choice, it was instilled in us s far back as I can remember. Once I got older I could tell it was the right thing to do.

Coldsleeve Jr.
11-22-2016, 09:21 PM
Their fanbase represents everything I hate about human beings.

StoneDawg
11-22-2016, 09:22 PM
Their Fans

I_Spy
11-22-2016, 09:25 PM
My brother.

Roy Munson
11-22-2016, 09:33 PM
I grew up in the 70's and 80's- during a time when Integration was new to the state of Mississippi. Mississippi State- being the state school of Mississippi- embraced Integration much more than our elitest counterparts. My father had gone to State- but didnt graduate. He had actually been somewhat of an OM fan, having played semi-pro baseball with Jake Gibbs and others. He preferred State over OM- but it wasnt that big of a deal to him. He was actually more of a fan of Bear Bryant and Alabama- then even moreso when he got into coaching and studied with Bryant's staff on the Wishbone. He went on to study with Bellard and by most accounts was one of the top coaches of the Wishbone offense in Mississippi.

No way I could be a fan of such racist, obnoxious people playing that awful song over and over at every game....

wmccgc
11-22-2016, 09:37 PM
Everything.

Liverpooldawg
11-22-2016, 09:40 PM
Living in Mississippi as a MSU fan and alum.

Bully13
11-22-2016, 09:44 PM
My dad was the first in our family not to go to Ole Miss because all of our old money was gone and it would have been to embarrassing for him to work his way thru college with his name at Ole Miss. So he worked his way thru MSU.

messageboardsuperhero
11-22-2016, 09:44 PM
People can say what they want about Rosebowl- but he would NEVER go on twitter calling a UM player pathetic for cooperation with an investigaton when asked to do so. He would also never post DMs from a recruit on twitter in an attempt to paint a rival in a bad light.

Coursesuper
11-22-2016, 09:45 PM
Grew up a bulldog from birth, Dad played baseball at State, moved to Starkville when I was 5 been invested since then.

Offshore Dawg
11-22-2016, 09:54 PM
In my early teens our scout troop would act as ushers in Memorial stadium in Jackson. Was easy to see that the bear fans were the worst people. But the main reason ( and some of you history experts correct me if I am wrong ) was when I heard about some old miss frat boys stealing the state bulldog mascot and beating the dog to death with clubs. That to me was when they became low life gutter scum cock sucking pieces of shit. The fact that they think they are higher class people just because they attended bear university is at the apex of their delusion.

Bully13
11-22-2016, 10:06 PM
I heard they "gold fingered " Bully by painting him red and blue. May not be true but it's a story I've been told.

Spiderman
11-22-2016, 10:49 PM
1983 Egg. That is all.

Me too.

I've been to every EGG since '74 but really only remember '76 to now.

I was always a State fan but OM was just somebody I really wanted to beat until then. I was actually sitting with my OM kin. After the game walking down the steps with my State shirt on, 13 year old me got dogged cussed by a sport coat wearing 40 year old MFer and his pilled up, sexually frustrated, over made up and perfumed bitch of a wife. For no other reason than I was a 13 yr old State fan. Other OM bastards joined in waving the Rebel flag in my face. My OM uncle and older cousin actually cussed and started shoving these asshole back away from me.

I hope the shitty little place burns down and 99% of their fans get Butt Aids and rot in hell.

Hate is too nice for what I feel for that bunch of faggots.

Bully13
11-22-2016, 10:51 PM
Spider bringing it

lamont
11-22-2016, 10:59 PM
I'm betting I'm still one of the few that put a cowbell to a Rebel Klansman's chin...Dont get in my face after you beat us. Just let me get to my vehicle and go home

DancingRabbit
11-22-2016, 11:05 PM
OM "fans" got TigerBob (a State fan - RIP Bob) fired from his job at S. Panola about 15 years ago. That's when I started to really hate OM fans.

I grew up around more OM folks than State folks. These OM folks were good people. Small town and country folks.

I had good friends that went to OM and they would travel to State to party on weekends and vice versa. Dated a couple of OM girls.

I've spent most of my adult life outside the state. For me it was always a mostly friendly rivalry until the internet happened.

F*ck you OM. Get a guy fired because he was right about an internet argument.

http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5476&d=1479874591

M.Fillmore
11-22-2016, 11:41 PM
OM "fans" got TigerBob (a State fan - RIP Bob) fired from his job at S. Panola about 15 years ago. That's when I started to really hate OM fans.

I grew up around more OM folks than State folks. These OM folks were good people. Small town and country folks.

I had good friends that went to OM and they would travel to State to party on weekends and vice versa. Dated a couple of OM girls.

I've spent most of my adult life outside the state. For me it was always a mostly friendly rivalry until the internet happened.

F*ck you OM. Get a guy fired because he was right about an internet argument.

http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5476&d=1479874591

I wish you were blowing smoke. You are right. I knew TigerBob too. A really great guy and those turds ganged up and got him fired from his job. That is way over the top.

A few years ago when the Rebel Vent was around, they tried to get me fired. The ID'ed me as an engineer living in Brandon and they were working to get the poor guy fired from his job. I'm not an engineer and I've never lived in Brandon. They are willing to ruin people's lives over football players they never met.

The institution breeds this perverse thought.

I seen it dawg
11-22-2016, 11:45 PM
C34

**** all those guys and everything about them

starkvegasdawg
11-22-2016, 11:53 PM
I grew up in a family of MSU fans so it was ingrained in me early to like MSU. As I got older I started having interactions around tsun fans and saw how they really truly thought their shit didn't stink and they were above everybody else. The first time I heard one say, "we're not snobs - we're just better than you" sealed the deal. I was brought up to be humble and respectful and they are the complete opposite of every value I hold dear. I was taught to put others first. They think they are first. I was taught to be down to earth. They think they're better than everybody else. I was taught to be fair in all ways. They think they're above the rules.

LC Dawg
11-22-2016, 11:57 PM
Mine has been a slowly built hatred. I grew up an Ole Miss fan because my uncle was one. My parents really weren't fans of any school. As a kid I attended many games and for the most part I enjoyed them. I also ushered games in Memorial Stadium as a Boy Scout. I remember being taken aback by the fans behavior but I really thought that was just the way adults acted at college football games. I didn't have anything to compare it to. As I got to high school and junior college I started going to games and meeting Ole Miss students. It didn't take long to figure out that these are some of the most horrible people in the world. I chose to attend State because my brother was there and immediately fell in love with the school. When I began to see what Ole Miss people said about my school and the lengths they would go to hurt my school the hatred just naturally flowed.
Also, my daughter enrolled at State 5 years ago. She had quite a few friends start at Ole Miss when she started at State. By the end of her first semester all her Ole Miss "friends" had stopped communicating with her. That served as a reminder that my hatred is not misguided.

Corn Bread
11-23-2016, 12:02 AM
Thinking how great they are, when they never have been shit. Also, all the Texas nimrods that attend, your too 17 stupid to go to college in Texas. Mama can't tell you but I can.

Schultzy
11-23-2016, 12:09 AM
Snitching on us for getting Larry Gillard ruled ineligible and MSU probation over a 10% discount on a sportscoat every student in the state received back in the seventies when we were passing them in football and they couldn't take it. We had destroyed Warren Moon and eventual national champion Washington in their home opener and it scared the shit out of them.

That proved the NCAA and UM were both scum then and now that the old days are over the chickens are finally coming home to roost. I love it every time they complain about the NCAA now.

For those of you too young, Gillard was the #1 DL recruit in the nation that signed with Us but for ole miss that was unacceptable and they still had the stroke to get us on probation for it.

MaroonFlounder
11-23-2016, 07:04 AM
XenaReb.

What fanbase would stoop so low as to whore out one of their own to get a rival coach fired? That's F'd up.

msbulldog
11-23-2016, 07:24 AM
Not much, their pretty easy to hate!

RocketDawg
11-23-2016, 07:25 AM
I wish you were blowing smoke. You are right. I knew TigerBob too. A really great guy and those turds ganged up and got him fired from his job. That is way over the top.

A few years ago when the Rebel Vent was around, they tried to get me fired. The ID'ed me as an engineer living in Brandon and they were working to get the poor guy fired from his job. I'm not an engineer and I've never lived in Brandon. They are willing to ruin people's lives over football players they never met.

The institution breeds this perverse thought.

How did they get the guy fired? What did he do?

I was at MSU in the 60s, well before the internet. And I've lived outside the state ever since then. Back then, there was a rivalry but as far as I was concerned, that's all it was. It even seemed a relatively friendly rivalry to me. So I never really "hated" them ... just wanted to beat them. And living out of state, even though it's within 200 miles of Starkville, very few know the difference in MSU and Ole Miss ... they just don't care (it's all Alabama/Auburn). So living here, the MSU/Ole Miss rivalry/hatred is just a non-existent thing to most.

RocketDawg
11-23-2016, 07:26 AM
Deleted ... double post

Jack Lambert
11-23-2016, 07:37 AM
How much time do you have buddy?

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
11-23-2016, 07:45 AM
Mild dislike developed when my Mom told me of co-workers in the Tupelo School District rolling their eyes and acting like she was inferior when they asked where she got teaching degree and she said USM.
That turned into hatred after attending 2 Egg Bowls in oxford.
2008 - I had graduated MSU that year, sat in student section with a buddy I had that was in OM pharmacy school at the time. Wore neutral colors so I wouldn't be harassed. The things I heard that day made me sick. They inserted the F word for Go in our band's "Go State... Go State!" song. 2 or 3 OM frat boys yelled out versions of "get off the field, you (insert racial slur)!" when Brandon McRae broke his leg that day. I'll never forget that.
2012 - wife and I wore MSU gear this time and sat in MSU section, but vowed to not say a word to any OM fans to keep the peace. Had a red pom-pom shaken in my face by a frat boy, my wife had a drunk sorority girl try to pick a fight with her standing in the bathroom line, saw a drunk OM fan throw an icy drink on our cheerleaders (and it was about 30 degrees that night), and got asked how we enjoyed the electricity and running water as we were leaving the stadium. (all while we maintained our silence and ignored these folks).
Those 2 nights sealed it for me. I know not all of their fanbase are that bad - I know a few good ones - but they have a whole lot of jerks.

starkvegasdawg
11-23-2016, 07:50 AM
After reading all these posts about why we hate TSUN it all comes down to one thing...They're a bunch of 17ing elitest snobbish assholes that think the world exists solely to serve them and nothing else. Fair statement?

Dawgface
11-23-2016, 07:59 AM
Simple. Their better than you attitude.

Spiderman
11-23-2016, 08:03 AM
After reading all these posts about why we hate TSUN it all comes down to one thing...They're a bunch of 17ing elitest snobbish assholes that think the world exists solely to serve them and nothing else. Fair statement?

They are a bunch of pseudo and fake elitist snobs. I'd like to buy them for what they are actually worth and then sell them what what they think they are worth.

Don't give them the credit of thinking they are elite. Same class of people we are, they just like to play dress up and act out fantasies.

starkvegasdawg
11-23-2016, 08:11 AM
They are a bunch of pseudo and fake elitist snobs. I'd like to buy them for what they are worth and then sell them what what they are actually worth.

Don't give them the credit of thinking they are elite. Same class of people we are, they just like to play dress up and act out fantasies.

Oh, don't worry. I don't think for a second they are elite. All a fantasy in their warped minds.

Ari Gold
11-23-2016, 08:30 AM
Common sense

shannondawg
11-23-2016, 09:14 AM
Just a little bit of everything was said above, it started very early and has festered, boiled and bubbled thru the years and i have it down to a science now.

Even though my banker, cpa and lawyer are all ole missy, that pretty well ends my association with them, I see any form of attire, car tag etc, I just automatically have a sneer and a little smirk and look watch them out of the corner of my eye for them to do something stupid.

One day at Was-Mart I spied a little Mercedes Sport Coup in a handicap parking spot without a sticker. I waited for 30 minutes with phone camera at the ready, but out comes this old 80 yr old lady out and gets in. Ruined my day.

MafiaDawg
11-23-2016, 09:16 AM
They think they are a much bigger deal than the actually are. That's what it boils down to for me.

Commercecomet24
11-23-2016, 09:38 AM
I've hated that place as long as I can remember. My dads side was all State people my moms side mosty unm. State is me. I'm just an ol country boy, grew up a country boy and State people are my people. No pretense, no I'm better than you, no putting on airs. As I grew I came to understand everything about unm and its people is just a facade, everything's fake and everything's for show. As Aaron Lewis said "that's not me, that's not who I am". I was brought up to love all people, not just one race or creed. Unm is a symbol for all that's wrong in this world about people hating others that are different from them and living in a truly awful past. I'm thankful for being brought up the right way and I've raised my children the same! I'll be a Dawg forever!

HailState

lastmajordog
11-23-2016, 09:40 AM
Me too.

I was always a State fan but OM was just somebody I really wanted to beat until then. I was actually sitting with my OM kin. After the game walking down the steps with my State shirt on, 13 year old me got dogged cussed by a sport coat wearing 40 year old MFer and his pilled up, sexually frustrated, over made up and perfumed bitch of a wife. For no other reason than I was a 13 yr old State fan. Other OM bastards joined in waving the Rebel flag in my face. My OM uncle and older cousin actually cussed and started shoving these asshole back away from me.

I hope the shitty little place burns down and 99% of their fans get Butt Aids and rot in hell.

Yessssss......but how do you REALLY FEEL?!

Commercecomet24
11-23-2016, 09:43 AM
Me too.

One of the best posts ever!

Howboutdemdogs
11-23-2016, 09:46 AM
When the cheerleader would not carry the rebel flag. Then the PC police started to take away their flags.

Now it is more due to their fan base,,,,,, being Ass Wipes!

DanDority
11-23-2016, 09:49 AM

msbulldog
11-23-2016, 09:53 AM
I've hated that place as long as I can remember. My dads side was all State people my moms side mosty unm. State is me. I'm just an ol country boy, grew up a country boy and State people are my people. No pretense, no I'm better than you, no putting on airs. As I grew I came to understand everything about unm and its people is just a facade, everything's fake and everything's for show. As Aaron Lewis said "that's not me, that's not who I am". I was brought up to love all people, not just one race or creed. Unm is a symbol for all that's wrong in this world about people hating others that are different from them and living in a truly awful past. I'm thankful for being brought up the right way and I've raised my children the same! I'll be a Dawg forever!

HailState

I feel the same CC24, you are my brother.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Commercecomet24 again.

SaintDawg
11-23-2016, 09:58 AM
I was born this way.

Commercecomet24
11-23-2016, 10:00 AM
I feel the same CC24, you are my brother.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Commercecomet24 again.

Amen! I think Dak said it best "At Mississippi State we don't have fans, we have FAMILY!"

louisvilledawg
11-23-2016, 10:02 AM
Somewhere somebody has this as their signature, but I feel like it is pertinent to this conversation:

"Oxford, MS: 10 square miles, surrounded by reality."

I think that's all we need to know about that place.

Bama_Dawg
11-23-2016, 10:15 AM
Great discussion, and great stories.

I guess mine differs from some, but my hatred began in High School. Heck, I'll say it, I've even worn an OM sweatshirt as recent as 9th grade (which was MULTIPLE decades ago), and got picked on when TSUN got railed 63-3 one weekend, can't remember who whooped them, but I digress.

My hatred began at the same time my love for MSU did. It was 1992, Alabama vs MSU at Scott Field, I was in High School and drove up for the game. David Palmer was coming off his DUI, and I got to sit in the student section with my brother. Seeing those full size Palmer cut-outs with "This Bud's for you!" on it was classic! State was leading the game going into the 4th, but in typical Bama style, they pulled it off in the end and went on to the national championship.

At that point, as they say, I was all-in. Yep, a loss to Alabama made me an MSU fan, but really it was the atmosphere and I just felt "at home." Three short years later, I went to the games as a real State student, and watching as TSUN tried to "get" Jackie, and ultimately doing it in the end, pissed me off beyond belief.

Now, my in laws went to TSUN...we don't do Egg Bowls together. They are good folks, hard working, blue collar...should have gone to State. But my "uncle-in-law" on that side is a TSUN lawyer. Nice guy, but when you talk football or TSUN...he changes...it really is like Jekyll and Hyde. So the two-facedness of the majority of their fan base that continuously invigorates my disdain with TSUN.

gtowndawg
11-23-2016, 10:21 AM
Born into it. Life experiences have done nothing but confirm why my Dad and Granddad hated them long before I was around.

MadDawg
11-23-2016, 10:31 AM
When I was growing up in the 70s/80s there were two types of ole miss fans - the country club elitist pricks who thought they were better than everyone else because of daddy's money OR the confederate flag loving redneck racist. I didn't fall into either of those categories. I never understood why so many "blue-collar" types liked those elitist snobs until I was old enough to understand the whole confederate-flag, the south-will-rise-again mentality. And don't mistake it, that's how they grew their fan base.

Tbonewannabe
11-23-2016, 10:36 AM
Dated a girl from UNM when I was at a Juco. Went to a party where the first question asked was what frat are you in (none since I am at "Juco college"). Next question what does your dad do ("Engineer"). Oh really, where did he go to school ("No where, he worked his way up from an Electrician"). At this point my girlfriend would try to sugar coat my answers but most people would just walk off. This happened about 3 times before I decided that most UNM people were what is wrong with the world in general. Best thing to happen to me because it made sure I went to MSU.

Going to games where they threw whiskey bottles into the visitors section or threw a cup of beer at MSU fans as we walked out of the Egg Bowl in 98. A MSU student almost went up there and started a fight but an older MSU fan grabbed him and said "We have more class than that". That has always stuck with me and pretty much defines the difference between MSU and UNM fans. MSU fans have class where UNM fans think they bought it even if they are standing in the grove with a case of Natural with a blue jean jacket with Dragons sewed onto it (true story).

Spiderman
11-23-2016, 10:39 AM
When I was growing up in the 70s/80s there were two types of ole miss fans - the country club elitist pricks who thought they were better than everyone else because of daddy's money OR the confederate flag loving redneck racist. I didn't fall into either of those categories. I never understood why so many "blue-collar" types liked those elitist snobs until I was old enough to understand the whole confederate-flag, the south-will-rise-again mentality. And don't mistake it, that's how they grew their fan base.

Yep, 90% of the Ole Miss "Fans" i went to HS with when asked why they were for OM would say, 'Because they wave the flag and don't like N-----rs"
The other 10% because of family or Archie QBing the Saints.

These 90% would have been looked down on and laughed at had they EVER went on that campus at that time. Hell, half those idiots would have been looked down on at USM.

Spiderman
11-23-2016, 10:46 AM
Dated a girl from UNM when I was at a Juco. Went to a party where the first question asked was what frat are you in (none since I am at "Juco college"). Next question what does your dad do ("Engineer"). Oh really, where did he go to school ("No where, he worked his way up from an Electrician"). At this point my girlfriend would try to sugar coat my answers but most people would just walk off. This happened about 3 times before I decided that most UNM people were what is wrong with the world in general. Best thing to happen to me because it made sure I went to MSU.

Going to games where they threw whiskey bottles into the visitors section or threw a cup of beer at MSU fans as we walked out of the Egg Bowl in 98. A MSU student almost went up there and started a fight but an older MSU fan grabbed him and said "We have more class than that". That has always stuck with me and pretty much defines the difference between MSU and UNM fans. MSU fans have class where UNM fans think they bought it even if they are standing in the grove with a case of Natural with a blue jean jacket with Dragons sewed onto it (true story).

Had a good friend that was at State with me. He was from another town but we had become friends thru sports and other stuff. Most of his close friends and his GF went to OM. He decided to transfer to OM.

Now this guy drove a very high dollar foreign sports car, was in a frat at State, and his family was well off. He lasted one semester, he said , like you, 1st question was " What frat you in?' Then what did dad do.

He said he knew that had he not been a frat guy and from a well off family they would have hated him. But they sucked up just because of his frat membership and his family money.

He got his ass back to Starkville where he belonged.

Tbonewannabe
11-23-2016, 11:20 AM
Had a good friend that was at State with me. He was from another town but we had become friends thru sports and other stuff. Most of his close friends and his GF went to OM. He decided to transfer to OM.

Now this guy drove a very high dollar foreign sports car, was in a frat at State, and his family was well off. He lasted one semester, he said , like you, 1st question was " What frat you in?' Then what did dad do.

He said he knew that had he not been a frat guy and from a well off family they would have hated him. But they sucked up just because of his frat membership and his family money.

He got his ass back to Starkville where he belonged.

I thought it was weird the first time and maybe it was just that group of people at that party but it happened every time I went there. It even happened when my buddy and I went a visited one of his friends that was in a frat. When someone found out we weren't in that frat at UNM then the same damn questions were asked. I wonder if there is a damn initiation for freshmen where they give you the proper list of questions when meeting a fellow student. I knew it wasn't the place for me when my girlfriend at the time said her parents said she could have a car or a sorority and she didn't even hesitate because the sorority was required to not be an outcast on campus. My wife's roommate went from the Juco to UNM and was a cheerleader. She said it was a huge relief when she made the cheerleader squad because she wouldn't have to join a sorority.

SailingDawg
11-23-2016, 11:23 AM
1983 Egg. That is all.

1981 Egg

and DNA

SailingDawg
11-23-2016, 11:25 AM
I'm betting I'm still one of the few that put a cowbell to a Rebel Klansman's chin...Dont get in my face after you beat us. Just let me get to my vehicle and go home

We need the story!

grinnindawg
11-23-2016, 11:54 AM
Hatred gives power to the hated.
Demonizing a group of people is a bad human trait that is neither Christian nor a productive thing in a society.

Now here's why I hate a significant number of their fans.

1. Condescension. Why yes Mr. OM fan, we are a school of engineers, ag majors, teachers, business majors, and other folks who make the world work.
And yes we ring cowbells, hope that makes you feel better about yourself so you can get through the day.

2. Racism. Why yes Mr. OM fan, I love all of God's children. Even ones who look a little different from me.
Why don't you walk down behind your bench and repeat what you just called me a few times?

3. Coarseness. Why yes Mr. OM fan, I do love my mother, just not in that way. Is that common where you are from? Yuck!

4. Culture centered around alcohol. Why yes Mr. OM fan I understand you hate us stupid MF, NL rednecks, but could you please throw up in the other direction.

I've had season tickets since 83, only 1 Egg since the early 90s because of their fans behavior.
The last straw was the 5th bottle that grazed Mom's shoulder.

As a child it was easy to differentiate the 2 fan bases.
Drunk and coarse, versus sober and polite.
Unfortunately we've trended toward them some in recent years. Last few we've gotten better.

Bothrops
11-23-2016, 04:16 PM
I had more than my fair share of football discussions and arguments from elementary to high school because I was the State fan in the group. It was hard to make a case for MSU football in those days, too. Needless to say, I've been ****ed over by many OM acquaintances, and women in my life, but honestly, I've always hated the majority of Ole Miss people.

TrapGame
11-23-2016, 04:35 PM
Let me be honest with you guys.

I went to ole miss for six weeks my freshman year in Fall 1989. Those six weeks changed my life. Friends from high school acted like I didn't exist when I tried to speak to them on campus. Some drunk whore at an ATO rush party told me, very rudely and loudly, my shoes were out of style, "Those were in style, like, two years ago. Oh my gawd."

I hated it. It was the most miserable six weeks of my life. From that moment on I HATED ole miss with a burning hatred.

I was there guys. I saw it all first hand. Those m'fers think they're better than everybody else and that their shit doesn't stink. When you say cult I nod my head in agreement. It is.

Boya
11-23-2016, 05:02 PM
It's 1997 I'm 6 years old. Me and my family take our annual family thanksgiving vacation to Gatlinburg. My uncle decides to invite one his friends and his family to come spend the week in the cabin with us. Turns out they are all Ole Miss douche bags. I knew I didn't like ole miss because they were our rivals but that was as far as my understanding went. Well fast forward to the egg bowl. We're all gathered down stairs in the living room watching the game. I'm excited wearing my new MSU sweat shirt. This grown ass man ole miss fan proceeds to taunt me a 6 year old little kid the whole entire game and when they made the 2 point conversion at the end I'm pissed and crying and this douche gets in my face going boo hoo ya little cry baby. Needless to say him and my dad had a tussle which was pretty awesome. Thus my pure hatred for ole miss was born.

Hell of an origin story...

TUSK
11-23-2016, 08:14 PM
A lot of em are as arrogant (and aloof) as some of the worst Bammer Fans and they've less than zero justification for said arrogance....

MidTNDawg
11-23-2016, 08:35 PM
Billy Brewer

Spiderman
11-23-2016, 08:52 PM
Let me be honest with you guys.

I went to ole miss for six weeks my freshman year in Fall 1989. Those six weeks changed my life. Friends from high school acted like I didn't exist when I tried to speak to them on campus. Some drunk whore at an ATO rush party told me, very rudely and loudly, my shoes were out of style, "Those were in style, like, two years ago. Oh my gawd."

I hated it. It was the most miserable six weeks of my life. From that moment on I HATED ole miss with a burning hatred.

I was there guys. I saw it all first hand. Those m'fers think they're better than everybody else and that their shit doesn't stink. When you say cult I nod my head in agreement. It is.

Don't worry, I probably grudge humped that whore for you, God's knows there were enough of them in Starkville back then when OM played away or out of football season. needed the real thing.

dawgoneyall
11-23-2016, 09:03 PM
Just growing up a normal adjusted human being.

Offshore Dawg
11-23-2016, 10:31 PM
XenaReb.

What fanbase would stoop so low as to whore out one of their own to get a rival coach fired? That's F'd up.

I would think that bitch started whoring out way before that.

Mutt the Hoople
11-23-2016, 10:33 PM
Simple. Their better than you attitude.

Which is ironic, because they're morally, spiritually, ethically, and genetically inferior. I've been around om fans over the years, and their inferiority simply oozes out. They lack the basic need to improve themselves. They're mired in inferiority, and want the rest of The State to be as inferior as they are.

Commercecomet24
11-23-2016, 10:44 PM
It's amazing we all have the same stories about them. It goes to show you rebel fans are the same all over. Classless and pompous!

BayouDawg
11-23-2016, 10:53 PM
It's amazing we all have the same stories about them. It goes to show you rebel fans are the same all over. Classless and pompous!

My freshman year at state me and my buddy were hanging out with some girls. My buddy drove an 06 Silverado single cab. Ya know a decent enough truck. Well a couple of these girls we were hangin out with were from ole miss. We decide to take them out on the town.
When we walk out to my buddy's truck the 2 ole miss girls throw a fit because the truck is a single cab they refused to ride in a single cab truck. How shallow those people truly are.

dawgoneyall
11-23-2016, 11:30 PM
I was the only state fan at my school as a kid. You can imagine how that goes after an egg bowl loss.

Whitfield?

dawgoneyall
11-23-2016, 11:31 PM
I heard they "gold fingered " Bully by painting him red and blue. May not be true but it's a story I've been told.

He died

dawgoneyall
11-23-2016, 11:37 PM
Snitching on us for getting Larry Gillard ruled ineligible and MSU probation over a 10% discount on a sportscoat every student in the state received back in the seventies when we were passing them in football and they couldn't take it. We had destroyed Warren Moon and eventual national champion Washington in their home opener and it scared the shit out of them.

That proved the NCAA and UM were both scum then and now that the old days are over the chickens are finally coming home to roost. I love it every time they complain about the NCAA now.

For those of you too young, Gillard was the #1 DL recruit in the nation that signed with Us but for ole miss that was unacceptable and they still had the stroke to get us on probation for it.

We did have inducements.....but (from his father's mouth to my ears...not hear say) those bastards offered basically the same. Those low lifes could not accept that he took out offer instead of their. This is when my "hate" started. They really do think they are better than us.

dawgoneyall
11-23-2016, 11:49 PM
Great discussion, and great stories.

I guess mine differs from some, but my hatred began in High School. Heck, I'll say it, I've even worn an OM sweatshirt as recent as 9th grade (which was MULTIPLE decades ago), and got picked on when TSUN got railed 63-3 one weekend, can't remember who whooped them, but I digress.

My hatred began at the same time my love for MSU did. It was 1992, Alabama vs MSU at Scott Field, I was in High School and drove up for the game. David Palmer was coming off his DUI, and I got to sit in the student section with my brother. Seeing those full size Palmer cut-outs with "This Bud's for you!" on it was classic! State was leading the game going into the 4th, but in typical Bama style, they pulled it off in the end and went on to the national championship.

At that point, as they say, I was all-in. Yep, a loss to Alabama made me an MSU fan, but really it was the atmosphere and I just felt "at home." Three short years later, I went to the games as a real State student, and watching as TSUN tried to "get" Jackie, and ultimately doing it in the end, pissed me off beyond belief.

Now, my in laws went to TSUN...we don't do Egg Bowls together. They are good folks, hard working, blue collar...should have gone to State. But my "uncle-in-law" on that side is a TSUN lawyer. Nice guy, but when you talk football or TSUN...he changes...it really is like Jekyll and Hyde. So the two-facedness of the majority of their fan base that continuously invigorates my disdain with TSUN.

If in typical bama style you mean they cheated then you are correct... Mac Gentry called a j. barker fumble caused by Daniel Boyd which juan Long recovered at their 38 yard line......game over. Gentry called it an incomplete pass.

TUSK
11-24-2016, 12:48 AM
If in typical bama style you mean they cheated then you are correct... Mac Gentry called a j. barker fumble caused by Daniel Boyd which juan Long recovered at their 38 yard line......game over. Gentry called it an incomplete pass.

REC doin' werk...

dawgoneyall
11-24-2016, 10:10 AM
REC doin' werk...

Just curious....do think that play was a fumble or an incomplete pass.

Gen. Grant
11-24-2016, 10:18 AM
The Civil War.