PDA

View Full Version : Mizzou hit with an NOA

HailState39110
11-22-2016, 07:48 PM
Their university has been toxic ever since the Michael Brown Ferguson shooting and Michael Sam came out of the closet

http://www.mutigers.com/news/2016/11/22/general-statement-from-mizzou-athletics.aspx?path=general

starkvegasdawg
11-22-2016, 07:51 PM
Wonder if the bears will try and take credit for this in their supposed scorched earth policy they're threatening.

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2016, 07:55 PM
Ole Miss & Mizzou your out. Oklahoma & Oklahoma State, your in

RougeDawg
11-22-2016, 08:08 PM
Ole Miss & Mizzou your out. Oklahoma & Oklahoma State, your in

I say bring in another Texas or Louisiana team. Dilute down the talent at A&M, LSU or both.

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2016, 08:33 PM
I say bring in another Texas or Louisiana team. Dilute down the talent at A&M, LSU or both.

Ehh, getting another Louisiana team hurts our talent level as well.

Houston or TCU jumping into the SEC would be cool though.

Houston jumping in would dilute both LSU & A&M a hair & TCU jumping in would dilute A&M a hair while also creating an awesome road trip & while bringing in a solid but beatable football program & a premier baseball program

Liverpooldawg
11-22-2016, 09:44 PM
The SEC won't take either of the Oklahoma schools and certainly won't take both. That comes from a current SEC athletic director, in person. They don't bring enough money to the table. They certainly couldn't replace Mizzou. Now if the Rebs got booted we might take one.

Todd4State
11-22-2016, 11:25 PM

I'm down for a rivalry with Tulane. They're in state if you consider their Madison and Gulf Coast campus.

TUSK
11-23-2016, 04:38 AM
yall don't want OK, Ok St, Clemson, FSU, Va Tech etc in the conference....

root for Tulane/ULM/ULL, UAB/Samford, Ga Tech, et al......

RocketDawg
11-23-2016, 07:32 AM

None of those is at an SEC level in football. Tulane used to be SEC and got out of the hot frying pan while they could, but they never really fit. They're an upper level academic school like Vanderbilt.

msstate7
11-23-2016, 07:33 AM
Read this thread on tRant about the tutor that made the allegations....

http://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/blm-comes-back-for-more-at-mizzou/67140188/

smootness
11-23-2016, 08:44 AM
Read this thread on tRant about the tutor that made the allegations....

http://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/blm-comes-back-for-more-at-mizzou/67140188/

I'm not quite sure what her being Muslim has to do with the potential academic issues.

fader2103
11-23-2016, 08:47 AM
clearly Ole Miss knew stuff about UMissoui and turned them in*

MrKotter
11-23-2016, 08:52 AM
I'm not quite sure what her being Muslim has to do with the potential academic issues.
Good grief

msstate7
11-23-2016, 08:52 AM

I didn't think that was the interesting part. Her lawsuits were interesting to me....

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/nameSearch.do

Insert Yolanda kumar

The 3-year-old story seems like crap also

Maroonthirteen
11-23-2016, 09:00 AM
Since this thread veered off to expansion.

I believe most of the current tv contracts expire around 2020-2022. Does anyone think once those contracts expire and we have had Alabama vs OhioSt a few more NC games......that Tv tries to put together a super conference?

smootness
11-23-2016, 09:04 AM
I didn't think that was the interesting part. Her lawsuits were interesting to me....

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/nameSearch.do

Insert Yolanda kumar

The 3-year-old story seems like crap also

Fair enough. The thread you linked only seemed to care that she is Muslim.

RougeDawg
11-23-2016, 09:07 AM
Ehh, getting another Louisiana team hurts our talent level as well.

Houston or TCU jumping into the SEC would be cool though.

Houston jumping in would dilute both LSU & A&M a hair & TCU jumping in would dilute A&M a hair while also creating an awesome road trip & while bringing in a solid but beatable football program & a premier baseball program

I feel like letting Tulane back in would hurt LSU more than us. LSU gets everybody they want prettt much. When do we ever steal anybody they really want? An instate school would start pecking away and licking off some top players.

I get your argument about Houston and that might be the answer. Would make for another long road trip though. I can walk to Tulane games.

And to whomever said that group of schools in this thread doesn't have sec level football programs, what is missouri's football program then? Sure they won the east once or twice but that was more a function of how shitty the east has been and is. Just think, Kentucky had a shot to win it this year.

MedDawg
11-23-2016, 09:10 AM

This. It's hard enough for State in the SEC as it is. Let's bring in Samford and ULM. Or Tulane and make them go back to the Superdome.

msstate7
11-23-2016, 09:25 AM
Fair enough. The thread you linked only seemed to care that she is Muslim.

It's tRant... you have to wade thru a river of crap to get 1 interesting fact

Johnson85
11-23-2016, 09:39 AM
I feel like letting Tulane back in would hurt LSU more than us. LSU gets everybody they want prettt much. When do we ever steal anybody they really want? An instate school would start pecking away and licking off some top players.

I get your argument about Houston and that might be the answer. Would make for another long road trip though. I can walk to Tulane games.

And to whomever said that group of schools in this thread doesn't have sec level football programs, what is missouri's football program then? Sure they won the east once or twice but that was more a function of how shitty the east has been and is. Just think, Kentucky had a shot to win it this year.

Like Vandy picking off players UT wants? A little different because Tennessee doesn't have that much instate talent, but Tulane would be a direct competitor with us for talent, not LSU. Instead of MSU competing with other out of state schools or LA directional schools for people LSU passed on, those recruits would suddenly have the option to stay in state at an SEC school. Not good for us.

Might hurt LSU more than us in baseball.

dawgs
11-23-2016, 10:04 AM
I'm not sure why having a gay player is toxic. I guarantee you we've had many gay players in all sports at msu, and in our lifetimes we'll have an openly gay male athlete in a big 3 sport, probably multiple ones.

scottycameron
11-23-2016, 11:58 AM
I'm not sure why having a gay player is toxic. I guarantee you we've had many gay players in all sports at msu, and in our lifetimes we'll have an openly gay male athlete in a big 3 sport, probably multiple ones.

Wish in one hand and **** in the other....

Not happening here. They can keep that crap up at BLM rainbow Muslim U.

HailState39110
11-23-2016, 12:07 PM
Not saying having a gay player is toxic . The way the university and community have had to deal with protest, marches, and other political and civil issues the past couple of years has divided their university ,fan base, and athletic department . The unrest among citizens , students, and faculty surrounding that campus is what is toxic

scottycameron
11-23-2016, 12:12 PM
Not saying having a gay player is toxic . The way the university and community have had to deal with protest, marches, and other political and civil issues the past couple of years has divided their university ,fan base, and athletic department . The unrest among citizens , students, and faculty surrounding that campus is what is toxic

OK I will agree that the gays are far away the least toxic of the BLM and the Muslim problem. But you have to admit it just adds fuel to that whole stinking dumpster fire.

dawgs
11-23-2016, 01:54 PM

Being anti-gay is simply wrong. There's no grey area to the issue. If you have a problem with gay people and athletes representing your university, you are a piece of crap human being. Same way that people who fought against integration were trash human beings. It's not a political issue, it's a humanity issue. If people want to show support for a player who came out in the sports realm, especially in football, where such things are viewed as taboo, that's not creating a problem. Even if it is, sometimes things are bigger than sports.

As for BLM, I'm not getting into that except to say that while some of their methods might not be the best, there is absolutely problem between our justice system (from street cops to courts to prisons) that disproportionately punishes blacks and hispanics. If you argue otherwise, you are ignoring literal facts. We can discuss how to fix the problems and even respectfully differ on solutions, but you can't argue there isn't a problem. The biggest problem between the left and the right in this country these days is that the right far too often there isn't a problem to begin with so it's impossible to actually discuss solutions.

Really Clark?
11-23-2016, 03:09 PM
Being anti-gay is simply wrong. There's no grey area to the issue. If you have a problem with gay people and athletes representing your university, you are a piece of crap human being. Same way that people who fought against integration were trash human beings. It's not a political issue, it's a humanity issue. If people want to show support for a player who came out in the sports realm, especially in football, where such things are viewed as taboo, that's not creating a problem. Even if it is, sometimes things are bigger than sports.

As for BLM, I'm not getting into that except to say that while some of their methods might not be the best, there is absolutely problem between our justice system (from street cops to courts to prisons) that disproportionately punishes blacks and hispanics. If you argue otherwise, you are ignoring literal facts. We can discuss how to fix the problems and even respectfully differ on solutions, but you can't argue there isn't a problem. The biggest problem between the left and the right in this country these days is that the right far too often there isn't a problem to begin with so it's impossible to actually discuss solutions.

I disagree completely with the idea that the right doesn't see a problem, it is the why, what and who thats the crux of a lot of these problems that is the roadblock to discussing solutions. And the left has that problem as much as the right.

tireddawg
11-23-2016, 04:10 PM
God doesn't like it. Are you saying He's a piece of crap?

dawgs
11-23-2016, 06:03 PM
God doesn't like it. Are you saying He's a piece of crap?

Jesus never addresses homosexuality. And the Old Testament didn't like a lot of things. When was the last time someone referred to a player having a child out of wedlock as being toxic? Or a coach being divorced? Or someone eating shellfish? Or any number of other things the Old Testament speaks out against, yet is largely ignored by people who then use the Bible to support their hatred of homosexuals? Sure, you may not think divorce is right, but you also aren't looking to deny rights to a divorcee or announce how being divorced makes someone toxic.

It's worth nothing the Bible has been used to support slavery, to support segregation and other discriminatory laws, and to deny women's rights, such as voting. I'm not saying the Bible is bad, I'm saying that people who cherry pick parts in order to support their bigotry are bad while ignoring other parts.

dawgs
11-23-2016, 06:09 PM
I disagree completely with the idea that the right doesn't see a problem, it is the why, what and who thats the crux of a lot of these problems that is the roadblock to discussing solutions. And the left has that problem as much as the right.

its a fact that white people use drugs at rates as high or higher than blacks and hispanics. However, less % of white people are searched for drugs, less are arrested when small amounts are found on them, the ones that are arrested tend to have lesser chargers brought against them, and serve a fraction of the jail time of similar offenders of color (if they serve at all). That's an unfair system. Personally, the war on drugs is a nightmare and should be banished and replaced with treatment for addiction. And we can get into the role the privately run prisons play, which has really ****ed up sentencing in this country and should be done away with too. I know y'all hate the govt spending money on shit, but sometimes it makes sense because a private company's best interest is more prisoners to get more govt money and they donate to politicians accordingly.

Really Clark?
11-23-2016, 06:29 PM
its a fact that white people use drugs at rates as high or higher than blacks and hispanics. However, less % of white people are searched for drugs, less are arrested when small amounts are found on them, the ones that are arrested tend to have lesser chargers brought against them, and serve a fraction of the jail time of similar offenders of color (if they serve at all). That's an unfair system. Personally, the war on drugs is a nightmare and should be banished and replaced with treatment for addiction. And we can get into the role the privately run prisons play, which has really ****ed up sentencing in this country and should be done away with too. I know y'all hate the govt spending money on shit, but sometimes it makes sense because a private company's best interest is more prisoners to get more govt money and they donate to politicians accordingly.

Yeah I didn't talk about any of that. It was your obligatory, the right don't see a problem stance in your last sentence. I disagree with that to a large degree.

As far as your numbers it's true but it's not depending on the stats. Even several on the left who are studying those issues have debunked several of the reports that have slanted the numbers. One progressive researcher has even come out to discredit the 60% number from 2013, I believe, as widely inaccurate. They were looking at numbers of closer to 14.5% at most if I recall correctly. That is an issue but both reports and sides state that the liberal agenda to legislate the problem had little to no effect and in some cases hinder the federal judges from having the ability to give lesser sentencing if they wanted to.

tireddawg
11-23-2016, 06:36 PM
Jesus never addresses homosexuality. And the Old Testament didn't like a lot of things. When was the last time someone referred to a player having a child out of wedlock as being toxic? Or a coach being divorced? Or someone eating shellfish? Or any number of other things the Old Testament speaks out against, yet is largely ignored by people who then use the Bible to support their hatred of homosexuals? Sure, you may not think divorce is right, but you also aren't looking to deny rights to a divorcee or announce how being divorced makes someone toxic.

It's worth nothing the Bible has been used to support slavery, to support segregation and other discriminatory laws, and to deny women's rights, such as voting. I'm not saying the Bible is bad, I'm saying that people who cherry pick parts in order to support their bigotry are bad while ignoring other parts.

Whatever. God called it an abomination & that's good enough for me. I never said it was toxic. I just think it's extremely unfair that you call someone a "piece of crap human being" because they don't agree with homosexuality, therefore not agreeing with you. Come on you can do better.

Really Clark?
11-23-2016, 06:50 PM

That is making an argument based on silence. That is a false argument. Jesus also didn’t say a word about pedophilia, bestiality, or rape. But the Old Testament did. Christ was God made flesh and specifically said "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill." He also specifically discussed that a union was between and man and a woman and several places discussed the sins of Sodom and Gomorrah that caused their destruction by the Father. Several sexual sins were listed for Sodom and Gomorrah including homosexuality

tireddawg
11-23-2016, 09:52 PM
That is making an argument based on silence. That is a false argument. Jesus also didn’t say a word about pedophilia, bestiality, or rape. But the Old Testament did. Christ was God made flesh and specifically said "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill." He also specifically discussed that a union was between and man and a woman and several places discussed the sins of Sodom and Gomorrah that caused their destruction by the Father. Several sexual sins were listed for Sodom and Gomorrah including homosexuality

Thank you!