PDA

View Full Version : Was Thinking About Something.....

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2016, 06:30 PM
With all the current things going on in college football such as Bama having the top three teams in the SEC on their roster, Auburn, Tennessee, & Ole Miss buying players left & right, etc I began thinking today about what is in the best interest of MSU in regards to how Ole Miss handles the upcoming sodomization of their program.

As bad as Ole Miss has cheated, it's clear that we are in the center of an era of college football where teams like Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, Clemson, etc.. are allowed to freely cheat while programs like MSU, Ole Miss, Arkansas, etc are not allowed to.

So my question is, in terms of MSU's best interest, what is the best way for Ole Miss to handle their upcoming NCAA issues?

A: Take it like a champ, suck it up, complain but do nothing, etc. Result: The college football power structure would remain the same & Ole Miss would drift into the night. Affect on MSU would be recruiting better in-state & the peripheral areas. The power structure of the SEC would remain unchanged.

B: Ole Miss gets completely pissed, goes nuclear, & has all their players, that were recruited by other college football powers, participate in on camera testimonies about what other schools offered, who offered, & how they cheated. Result: This process would potentially involve MSU, but would also involve most other schools in the SEC. With this result, there is a chance that they way the SEC powers have traditionally done business gets blown up. Would Ole Miss nuking the SEC be good or bad for MSU?

Hopefully all this makes sense & I would love to hear your thoughts, even if you don't agree with option A or B or think my logic & argument is dumb. What is in the best interest of MSU? Only 6 schools have won the SEC title in the past 50+ years & this likely continues until the entire system is blown up & realigned.

Is it better for MSU to continue our current pace or for the SEC table cloth to be pulled off & all the dishes fall on the floor?

Turfdawg67
11-22-2016, 06:35 PM
Ole Miss gets pissed, quits the NCAA to become independent, fades into obscurity. Or that's at least how my wet dream went last night. TMI??

lastmajordog
11-22-2016, 06:49 PM
I’ve thought either they get hammered, or wrist slapped and it’s the wild west or........ them pitch a bitch and organized minor league football is born.

yjnkdawg
11-22-2016, 08:15 PM
I doubt they will take it like a champ, but I doubt they will go nuclear. I imagine they may try to show good faith, etc. where they would be trying to get some violations reduced. To go nuclear would really be counter productive and infuriate the NCAA more. The NCAA is looking at OM, and not other schools. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your comment, but If you mean for us to start trying to do what they have been doing, then it would be suicide for us. We don't have the expertise, the knowledge, the experience, nor the lawyers to do what they have been doing for many many years. We need do better in recruiting by getting coaches that can recruit and want to recruit. To try and play the pay for play game, we would get burned real quick. JMO

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2016, 08:26 PM
I doubt they will take it like a champ, but I doubt they will go nuclear. I imagine they may try to show good faith, etc. where they would be trying to get some violations reduced. To go nuclear would really be counter productive and infuriate the NCAA more. The NCAA is looking at OM, and not other schools. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your comment, but If you mean for us to start trying to do what they have been doing, then it would be suicide for us. We don't have the expertise, the knowledge, the experience, nor the lawyers to do what they have been doing for many many years. We need do better in recruiting by getting coaches that can recruit and want to recruit. To try and play the pay for play game, we would get burned real quick. JMO

I'm by no mean vouching that we do what they do. I just wonder if OM goes nuclear, if it will keep others from doing it?

yjnkdawg
11-22-2016, 08:36 PM
I'm by no mean vouching that we do what they do. I just wonder if OM goes nuclear, if it will keep others from doing it?

I just can't see B. happening. Certainly those highly paid lawyers representing them, have better legal and common sense to do something like that. All that would do is really infuriate the NCAA , and they definitely don't want that. Message board posters may want that, but they aren't the lawyers representing OM. So as for as that keeping others from doing it, or it helping or hurting MSU, I have no clue. I just don't see that as a reality.

Political Hack
11-22-2016, 09:01 PM
The NCAA won't care about option B. If they go after the entire SEC, the SEC will bolt. The P5 is way, way more powerful than the NCAA. My only concern is that the NCAA delays this so long that the SEC and others decide to leave and form their own rules before OM has to pay the price. That's eventually going to happen by the way, especially with the dumb shit rules they're placing on baseball scholarships and how they look the other way with basketball while openly pursuing football cheating. NCAA tourney is a large chunk of the ncaa's annual budget, which is why they need the big wigs playing in the post season.