PDA

View Full Version : The delusion is still strong in bearland

starkvegasdawg
11-22-2016, 02:33 PM
From nafoom:

Agree. The PR hit on our recruiting is all they can do over our proposed self imposed penalties.

Wonder if the players who talked to the NCAA understand that NCAA immunity doesn't extend to civil suit immunity, if Ole Miss decided to go that route?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-22-2016, 02:34 PM
Yea and water is wet...sky is blue. yada yada yada...These are all constants and won't change.

blacklistedbully
11-22-2016, 02:35 PM
So now they're suggesting threatening players with civil suits? Wow...every time I begin to think they couldn't be more stupid, another one of them comes along and proves me wrong on that point.

Dolphus Raymond
11-22-2016, 02:41 PM
That is pathetic.

Commercecomet24
11-22-2016, 02:44 PM
Yeah that would be genius to take this to court, where the defendant in the civil action would have the right to subpeona beav and all his buddies and they would have to testify under oath. And theyre really gonna sue college players who have nothing? LOL

ckDOG
11-22-2016, 03:03 PM
From nafoom:

Agree. The PR hit on our recruiting is all they can do over our proposed self imposed penalties.

Wonder if the players who talked to the NCAA understand that NCAA immunity doesn't extend to civil suit immunity, if Ole Miss decided to go that route?

That's the dumbest shit I've ever read. A University that embraces the old south and rebel imagery suing young black kids for NCAA compliance issues? Good luck with that Ole Miss.

Political Hack
11-22-2016, 03:06 PM
Not being able to buy recruits was going to be hard enough to overcome, but secret video tapes and threatening civil suits against players who say mean things about them will probably make it a bit more difficult as well.

That's a special group of people up there.

TNDawg35
11-22-2016, 03:23 PM
Why is it everytime they get smacked with something else, they threaten to sue someone??!!

TrapGame
11-22-2016, 03:29 PM
Bunch of legal scholars right there.

Really Clark?
11-22-2016, 03:36 PM
Please please please sue. Any NCAA sanctions short of the death penalty will seem extremely minor before a lawsuit with discovery. Not to mention what may come out about illegal activities.

TrapGame
11-22-2016, 04:14 PM
Please please please sue. Any NCAA sanctions short of the death penalty will seem extremely minor before a lawsuit with discovery. Not to mention what may come out about illegal activities.

Like...oh, I don't know...maybe getting federal student loan money through fraud?

Todd4State
11-22-2016, 04:15 PM
Why is it everytime they get smacked with something else, they threaten to sue someone??!!

It's what they do. "We'll do whatever we want and if you don't like it we'll sue you."

Commercecomet24
11-22-2016, 04:16 PM

Exactly! I say lawyer up bears! Do you really want all your dirty little secrets aired in open court? Or how about your wonderful people perjuring themselves and going to jail to save your wonderful institution? Please please please bring a lawsuit!

Really Clark?
11-22-2016, 04:33 PM
Like...oh, I don't know...maybe getting federal student loan money through fraud?

That and/or conspiracy, racketeering, maybe crossing state lines to commit racketeering and arranging bank withdrawals to cover up a crime. Who, how, where did monies come from. Please sue you douches.

yjnkdawg
11-22-2016, 04:36 PM
OM's legal counsel would have more sense than some OM message board posters on the situation, but If not then sue on. Freeze has been wanting to tell his story. or so he has said at the appropriate tiime. So go ahead and tell it in court.

DawgHouseUnited
11-22-2016, 04:47 PM
OM's legal counsel would have more sense than some OM message board posters on the situation, but If not then sue on. Freeze has been wanting to tell his story. or so he has said at the appropriate tiime. So go ahead and tell it in court.

Except hasn't Teh Rev tried to get some of his court testimony sealed recently? Not really walking the "open and honest" walk that he's been talking, but that doesn't surprise anyone with more than 2 brain cells.

TrapGame
11-22-2016, 04:53 PM
Except hasn't Teh Rev tried to get some of his court testimony sealed recently? Not really walking the "open and honest" walk that he's been talking, but that doesn't surprise anyone with more than 2 brain cells.

He wanted his testimony in the Miller case sealed from the NCAA. Yeah, that shouts something to hide right there. But, I bet the NCAA found out what Freeze was hiding through the immunity interviews.

Bubb Rubb
11-22-2016, 04:59 PM
If they filed a civil suit against a student athlete there would be attorneys lining up to defend the case pro bono.

BeastMan
11-22-2016, 05:10 PM
So now they're suggesting threatening players with civil suits? Wow...every time I begin to think they couldn't be more stupid, another one of them comes along and proves me wrong on that point.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/2-25-2016/4eBMYR.gif

Gomez09
11-22-2016, 05:11 PM
The speed in which ole miss/ fans say we will sue is about as fast as the Trumps not my president protests.... That breed has been reared to believe that if they don't get their way then to cry and fuss and claim that we will sue you..... The parallels are uncanny

starkvegasdawg
11-22-2016, 05:42 PM
More delusion:

They'd have stopped by now with major sanctions if they could. We're going to suffer. Hell we are now. But There simply won't be major sanctions with this. I feel like everyone will be underwhelmed...

yjnkdawg
11-22-2016, 05:46 PM
From nafoom:

I like your Signature.

Bubb Rubb
11-22-2016, 05:53 PM
More delusion:

They'd have stopped by now with major sanctions if they could. We're going to suffer. Hell we are now. But There simply won't be major sanctions with this. I feel like everyone will be underwhelmed...

Not only are they delusional, but they are a forgetful bunch, to boot. They've already *admitted* to a number of LEVEL ONE violations that will likely result in major sanctions. The reason the NCAA hasn't stopped has nothing to do with whether they've found enough or not. It's that they can't stop finding stuff.

lamont
11-22-2016, 06:15 PM
The reason the NCAA hasn't stopped has nothing to do with whether they've found enough or not. It's that they can't stop finding stuff.

This this this

That is what they just cant process in their little brains

Dolphus Raymond
11-22-2016, 06:32 PM
Rabid fans of any school tend to be delusional, and hope that if they say "it's not going to be bad" enough, then in fact, it will not be bad. (See self fulfilling prophecy). Honestly, I'm sure most Ole Miss fans realize they are "up the proverbial creek with no visible means of propulsion". (1)

1. Scott, Roy V., Ph.D. , MSU History Department, 1982.

swdawg
11-22-2016, 08:47 PM

...and that particular poster is one of the most special of all of them.

Hi Johnboy...thanks for reading!

swdawg
11-22-2016, 08:50 PM

...and that particular poster is one of the most "special" of all of them.

Hi Johnboy...thanks for reading!