PDA

View Full Version : There goes the BB season.

msbulldog
11-22-2016, 06:41 AM
Q has wrist ligament damage, will have surgery and miss the rest or the season. He will be allowed to take a redshirt.

ETA: Kill this thread, I did not read previous post.

msstate7
11-22-2016, 07:34 AM
I think we can still have a decent season. I expect kegler and Herard to pick up their games any time now. Stapleton will help out tremendously once he's available.

msbulldog
11-22-2016, 07:37 AM
Man I hope your right, we should be awesome next year, a years experience, some more height, and Q back.

DudyDawg
11-22-2016, 08:00 AM
Biggest problem I see is a loss of dribble pen. We have some kids who can shoot the ball well, but it's going to be hard for them to get open looks with their feet set now that we lose Q. They will have to be able to knock some down coming off screens and cuts now, as Q was the only guy in the charleston tournament that could really break down the D off the bounce with any consistency. Need ready to step up in running the show and getting some of these talented freshman open looks. Season isn't lost though.

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2016, 08:11 AM
Worst, most snake bitten year of MSU sports I can remember. It seems as though we can never build anything because every thing falls apart before

smootness
11-22-2016, 08:49 AM
Will pretty much destroy any chance of making any real noise this year, but could help quite a bit for next year.

MarketingBully
11-22-2016, 09:01 AM
I don't see it that way. I think it severely limits what we can do this year at the top end but if you look at our OOC schedule it wouldn't surprise me if we were 9-3 going into the SEC season. Our next two games are against Lehigh and Northwestern State and we still will way out talent both of those teams and should win them. We are about to embark on a five game homestand where every game we play the freshmen are getting valuable experience. Each game our man to man defense is getting better as a team and that included everyone. We won the game on Sunday due to players like Peters, Holman, and Carter stepping up. I still think we can get to something like 17-13 (8-10) without Q and I would be great with that record. Remember, we still will be more talented then most SEC teams we step on the court with even without Q.

MarketingBully
11-22-2016, 09:07 AM
I think we can still have a decent season. I expect kegler and Herard to pick up their games any time now. Stapleton will help out tremendously once he's available.

This should become Ready and Holman's team. We still have six four star players on this roster even with Q's injury. I think Kegler steps up as well. His skill set and size reminds me of Dontae Jones.

msbulldog
11-22-2016, 03:36 PM
This should become Ready and Holman's team. We still have six four star players on this roster even with Q's injury. I think Kegler steps up as well. His skill set and size reminds me of Dontae Jones.

Man, I would love to see another Dontae Jones, especially how he played down the stretch to the final four.

Jack Lambert
11-22-2016, 03:47 PM
Worst, most snake bitten year of MSU sports I can remember. It seems as though we can never build anything because every thing falls apart before

Well if something falls apart you can fix it however it is crumbling down like at ole miss your screwed.