JoseBrown
11-21-2016, 07:37 PM
So does IYOK. That really sux for Q.

BeardoMSU
11-21-2016, 07:40 PM
Damn....this really sucks.

klong-dog
11-21-2016, 07:47 PM
Just terrible. You can forget post season this year.

Todd4State
11-21-2016, 08:03 PM
I assume he can get a medical redshirt?

HoopsDawg
11-21-2016, 08:06 PM
I'm sick to my stomach. This is as bad as I've felt about an MSU injury in a long time.

HoopsDawg
11-21-2016, 08:07 PM

I think Q wants to play with his lil bro for 2 years. and then he will move on.

BeardoMSU
11-21-2016, 08:08 PM

Hopefully...that would be a great silver-lining if he could play an extra year with his brother.

Commercecomet24
11-21-2016, 08:08 PM
I'm sick to my stomach. This is as bad as I've felt about an MSU injury in a long time.

I agree. 2016 cannot end quick enough for our sports.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-21-2016, 08:12 PM
Awful news...hate it for him and hope he comes back without a hitch. It just sucks to see a guy with that much potential and a career on an upward trend. Kids bounce back fast now days, so we'll hope for the best.

ZedFedder
11-21-2016, 08:17 PM
Now this year turns into a year to get these young guys experience. If I'm Howland I use this to tell them to just have fun out there. No pressure, just go play.

lamont
11-21-2016, 08:18 PM

Hevesy has a better chance of landing a 5 star OL recruit than Q staying at State 5 years

klong-dog
11-21-2016, 08:37 PM
Hevesy has a better chance of landing a 5 star OL recruit than Q staying at State 5 years

maybe, just maybe, Q wants to play a year with his youngest brother, during that 5th year.

state66
11-21-2016, 08:38 PM
So whats up with the NCAA avatars? I assume its TSUN related?

lamont
11-21-2016, 08:40 PM
maybe, just maybe, Q wants to play a year with his youngest brother, during that 5th year.

Q's brother will be here next year- in Q's 3rd year. Year 4 is iffy with Q- Year 5 is zero chance

klong-dog
11-21-2016, 08:42 PM
Q's brother will be here next year- in Q's 3rd year. Year 4 id iffy with Q- Year 5 is zero chanceI'm aware of that, they have another younger brother, that is supposedly a stud, a lefty PG I believe, potential to be better than Q and Nick.

pilldawg
11-21-2016, 08:44 PM
So whats up with the NCAA avatars? I assume its TSUN related?

We get them both next year only.

lamont
11-21-2016, 08:44 PM
I'm aware of that, they have another younger brother, that is supposedly a stud, a lefty PG I believe, potential to be better than Q and Nick.

Q is not going to give up a minimum of a couple hundred K playing pro ball to play 5 years in college

chef dixon
11-21-2016, 08:48 PM
I'd be perfectly content with two more years from him.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-21-2016, 08:53 PM
I'm aware of that, they have another younger brother, that is supposedly a stud, a lefty PG I believe, potential to be better than Q and Nick.

Brandon is going to be a SG/SF. Already about 6'3"-6'4". I think it's a little early to say he'll be the best of the 3 but I think he has a chance to be the best shooter.

Dawg61
11-21-2016, 09:04 PM
Brandon is going to be a SG/SF. Already about 6'3"-6'4". I think it's a little early to say he'll be the best of the 3 but I think he has a chance to be the best shooter.

I want to see a triple Spoon starting lineup, that would be so awesome

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-21-2016, 09:05 PM
Isn't Robert Woodard rated just as highly as Nick? Will be a good get hopefully.

Homedawg
11-21-2016, 10:38 PM

Correct he can

Homedawg
11-21-2016, 10:40 PM
Q's brother will be here next year- in Q's 3rd year. Year 4 is iffy with Q- Year 5 is zero chance

Nick is a way better pro prospect than q. I love q and he's a college star, but he's not a legit ee guy. I get it he won't be here 5 years.

klong-dog
11-21-2016, 10:53 PM
I dunno, his athleticism is pretty damn impressive, plus he's got the shot. He's very smooth and makes it look effortless at times. At 6'4 he'd be an ideal 2 in the NBA, but yeah I thought he'd enroll after his junior year, would be most likely scenario.

smootness
11-22-2016, 08:53 AM
I dunno, his athleticism is pretty damn impressive, plus he's got the shot. He's very smooth and makes it look effortless at times. At 6'4 he'd be an ideal 2 in the NBA, but yeah I thought he'd enroll after his junior year, would be most likely scenario.

6'4" is small for a 2 in the NBA. He would need to develop into at least a combo guard to have a real NBA future beyond a bench guy for a few years, but he has a pro career ahead of him no matter what. Still, I don't know why it's important to point out that he almost certainly won't see that 5th year. Regardless, yes, he can get a medical redshirt.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-22-2016, 09:28 AM
Q's brother won't be here that long.

msstate7
11-22-2016, 09:34 AM
delete

HoopsDawg
11-22-2016, 10:04 AM
Q's brother won't be here that long.

I'll take 2 years of Q and lil spoon together and not complain one bit.

MarketingBully
11-22-2016, 10:15 AM
I'll take 2 years of Q and lil spoon together and not complain one bit.

Losing Q this year may end up making our ceiling even higher next year. I know that sounds wild but it's true. Our schedule is extremely weak this year and I could still see us going 17-13 (8-10) and I know everyone would take that record right now in a heart beat. Players like Peters, Holman, and Carter stepped up against UTEP and hit big time shots. I could also see Kegler developing more along with Wright getting more playing time and developing further as well. Remember, even without Q, we still have as much talent as half of the SEC teams with 6 4 star + players. I hate we lost Q but it could set us up for a huge third year with Howland.

LC Dawg
11-22-2016, 10:28 AM
Losing Q this year may end up making our ceiling even higher next year. I know that sounds wild but it's true. Our schedule is extremely weak this year and I could still see us going 17-13 (8-10) and I know everyone would take that record right now in a heart beat. Players like Peters, Holman, and Carter stepped up against UTEP and hit big time shots. I could also see Kegler developing more along with Wright getting more playing time and developing further as well. Remember, even without Q, we still have as much talent as half of the SEC teams with 6 4 star + players. I hate we lost Q but it could set us up for a huge third year with Howland.

I agree. I expect some of the younger guys to step up a little more. We should have at least a couple of guys further along next year just because of more floor time.

lamont
11-22-2016, 11:05 AM
Zero pressure on Howland now except for the pressure he puts on himself. Teach the young guys how to play and let them roll. Gonna be alot of mistakes but the experience gained this year will be huge heading into next year

smootness
11-22-2016, 11:14 AM

Agreed. I'm not sure on the record, as that could be a tad optimistic, but regardless, at least one player will have to step up as a go-to guy of sorts for us by the end of the year. So going into next year, we should have at least 2 of those that have emerged with Q and whoever does so this year. Then you add in Nick Weatherspoon, Stapleton (will be back at some point this year), Ado, Brooks, and Feazell along with all of our young guys having added experience, strength, etc., and things set up very well for us next year potentially.

If I were Howland, I would worry even less now about our eventual record and just do what is best for the long-term growth of these players. He'll continue to play Ready, which is fine, but I would play guys like Peters and Wright even more now than he had perhaps planned. And some of that will obviously be necessary to fill the time Q would have played.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-22-2016, 12:00 PM
I will too, I think you missed my point

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-22-2016, 12:02 PM
I hate this for Q but think of the experience our young guys will get this season. Next year could be special.

msstate7
11-22-2016, 12:06 PM
I hate this for Q but think of the experience our young guys will get this season. Next year could be special.

On the flip side, Q loses a year of development. He looked like he was poised to a have a huge year this season... imagine how good he would've been next season had he continued to develop this season

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-22-2016, 12:09 PM
On the flip side, Q loses a year of development. He looked like he was poised to a have a huge year this season... imagine how good he would've been next season had he continued to develop this season

Might mean he stays an extra year though...

msstate7
11-22-2016, 12:10 PM
Might mean he stays an extra year though...

Would be nice...