PDA

View Full Version : Pass Interference or Not

SnoopDawg
11-21-2016, 02:17 PM
Can anyone tell me how many pass interference penalties have we committed in our first 11 games? It has to be an NCAA record low amount. We much teach our DB's to cover like the receiver has the Ebola virus.

HereComesTheSpiral
11-21-2016, 02:22 PM
I think a qb has under thrown a pass or 2 and our db ran into the receiver when they had to come back for the ball.

SnoopDawg
11-21-2016, 02:29 PM
[QUOTE=HereComesTheSpiral;655091]I think a qb has under thrown a pass or 2 and our db ran into the receiver when they had to come back for the ball.[/QUO

I think I have come up with a solution. More times that not, our receivers stay as close to the DB as possible (or so it seems). Our DB's stay as far away from the receivers as possible. Maybe we can switch the DB coaches to offense and the receiver coaches to defense.

starkvegasdawg
11-21-2016, 02:47 PM
Can't be called for pass interference when our DB needs binoculars to read the WR's jersey number.

HoopsDawg
11-21-2016, 03:12 PM
As the late, great Jack Cristil once said, "you have to be in the vicinity of the receiver to commit PI".

msstate7
11-21-2016, 03:15 PM
If I were gameplanning for this Saturday, I would line up in press coverage and hold some every play. The refs won't call them all and hopefully the ones we get away with will stall a few drives. I'd also blitz like crazy.

louisvilledawg
11-21-2016, 03:19 PM
I present to you the Mississippi State defense for 2016 in one gif (missed tackles and wide open receivers):

http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/689570/megatd.0.gif

HoopsDawg
11-21-2016, 03:34 PM
If I were gameplanning for this Saturday, I would line up in press coverage and hold some every play. The refs won't call them all and hopefully the ones we get away with will stall a few drives. I'd also blitz like crazy.

This Defense shouldn't be that bad: 4-2-5

DE: AJ
DT: Simmons
DT: Cory Thomas
DE: Gerri Green

LB: R. Brown
LB: Leo Lewis

CB: Graham
CB: Rayford
Dog: Peters

S: Coman
S: McLaurin

Bring a 5th blitzer on every play. Rotate among the 2 safeties, the 2 LB's, and Peters. You can't tell me that shouldn't at least be an average defense.

Mjoelner34
11-21-2016, 03:47 PM
As the late, great Jack Cristil once said, "you have to be in the vicinity of the receiver to commit PI".

I stood up and cheered loudly when we got flagged for PI against A&M. Everybody around me looked at me like I was crazy. I told them that it was a huge improvement that we were close enough to the receiver to get called for interference. They agreed with me then.

bulldawg28
11-21-2016, 05:41 PM

Bring a 5th blitzer on every play. Rotate among the 2 safeties, the 2 LB's, and Peters. You can't tell me that shouldn't at least be an average defense.

I like it! I'd substitute one replacement, Brown with Dez Harris

DudyDawg
11-21-2016, 05:49 PM

I like it. The Seahawks strategy. Play physical outside all game and by the 4th you get away with the little stuff

mstatefan91
11-21-2016, 05:52 PM
Gotta be within at least 5 yards to get called for it. Our strategy seems to be to get as far away as possible and then run as slow as possible to the receiver. If by some miracle they get to the receiver, they then either fall down or dive to the side.

the59dawg
11-21-2016, 05:53 PM
Can anyone tell me how many pass interference penalties have we committed in our first 11 games? It has to be an NCAA record low amount. We much teach our DB's to cover like the receiver has the Ebola virus.

Usually we are not close enough to the receivers to commit PI.

TUSK
11-21-2016, 06:32 PM

Want me to make a call to B'ham?

Commercecomet24
11-21-2016, 06:35 PM
Want me to make a call to B'ham?

Would you do that for us? We need the help and if payment is required I'm in for 10 lol

Commercecomet24
11-21-2016, 06:37 PM

I'm with you! I thought about this last week and thinking we should play nickel and dime the whole game. Good call

TUSK
11-21-2016, 06:41 PM
Would you do that for us? We need the help and if payment is required I'm in for 10 lol

Nah, I'll just ask you for a favor, one day...

...and you will do it.

Commercecomet24
11-21-2016, 06:51 PM
Nah, I'll just ask you for a favor, one day...

...and you will do it.

You get that done and whatever you need you got it

bulldawg28
11-21-2016, 07:28 PM
You get that done and whatever you need you got it

Make sure you give Sirmon a heads up or he'll play the usual pass against air.

Commercecomet24
11-21-2016, 07:30 PM
Make sure you give Sirmon a heads up or he'll play the usual pass against air.

Now that's funny! Rep given!