PDA

View Full Version : Couple basketball thoughts...

Dawg61
11-21-2016, 12:23 PM
1. Nice game for Holman, he has improved drastically from last year. He is stronger and jumping much better. He's a good player with great potential down low. However he is just 3-21 shooting 3's on his career. Please stop shooting 3's and please stay down low and dunk more often. He is great down low when he goes up with his left hand.

2. Peters had by far his best game. Finally found his stroke going 4-5 from 3. Nice player that is quick but he needs work handling the ball and please stop picking up the ball and losing your dribble when you haven't decided what you're doing with the ball yet. I think he's gotten over his nervousness now just teach help Wright please. Anyone know why he was suspended vs UCF?

3. Everyone send good vibes Q's way with the MRI today. We lose him the season is over already.

4. Ready has been a nice calming presence for this super young team. Still think I'd rather have Ware if we are to have one leftover but Ready is quickly changing my mind here. He has been vital for our backcourt.

5. Wright is way behind the other freshman. I had high hopes for him before the season started. What's the deal here?

6. Herard needs to be more aggressive. Good looking player size wise tho.

7. Kegler has looked better the last two games. I was rough on him when he kept drawing fouls the first two games. Sorry Kegler, stay down low more and be a glue guy. He's a great rebounder and he has NBA size and athleticism already. I think he can get 8-10 points a game just by being quicker and more athletic to the offensive rebound.

8. Joe Strugg? What is the deal here is he hurt, not on the team or just essentially a walk-on? We needed to trim one spot and I can't imagine it's not Strugg at this point.

9. I am excited to see Stapleton added to this team. Anyone know when he's getting back?

10. Shorter shorts look fine but for the love of gawd can we stop with the 3/4 tights underneath the shorter shorts. It looks AWFUL!

JoseBrown
11-21-2016, 03:58 PM
4. Ready has been a nice calming presence for this super young team. Still think I'd rather have Ware if we are to have one leftover but Ready is quickly changing my mind here. He has been vital for our backcourt.

Glad to see you write this. I think Howland really likes what Ready brings to the team. I think he's used Ready very well since he's been here. Everyone seems to get down on him frequently, but I think he does exactly what Howland wants him to on the floor even shooting the ball... He's vital to helping the young guys get up to speed learning how to play at this level. And he's playing well on top of that. Just wish he were half a head taller or so...