PDA

View Full Version : This one is gonna be nasty

GTHOM
11-21-2016, 12:17 PM
Even though we both are pretty bad, this Egg bowl could be one of the nastiest ones in recent memory. All this garbage they are putting on LL and us this week could come back to bite them in the ass. If Vandy can put up 38 and over 500 yards I feel pretty good that Fitz and co. can smoke their asses. Theyre gonna need the Sheavior to play great to beat us. Our defense has its issues sure nough and their WRs are gonna make plays but OM's OL, RBs, and coaching staff is not close to UPigs. We can do it

starkvegasdawg
11-21-2016, 12:23 PM
This could easily be a 55-52 type game and come down to who has the ball last. One thing that worries me is that they have a kicker and we don't. It's bad when you sweat extra points but I sweat those now like I sweat a 50 yard FG to win the game. I have a feeling we will see a lot of going for it on 4th down in this game. We have got to have TD's if the same defense took the field the last two weeks shows up in Oxford. But every time I see Graves take the field this is what comes to mind.

http://i.imgur.com/PioEKRk.gif

Thick
11-21-2016, 12:23 PM
We know we can, but it's on the players...period! Do they care enough, have the heart, and desire to play this EB with everything they have for 60 minutes? It comes down to the team. If not, it could very well get ugly...real ugly.

GTHOM
11-21-2016, 12:24 PM
This could easily be a 55-52 type game and come down to who has the ball last. One thing that worries me is that they have a kicker and we don't. It's bad when you sweat extra points but I sweat those now like I sweat a 50 yard FG to win the game. I have a feeling we will see a lot of going for it on 4th down in this game. We have got to have TD's if the same defense took the field the last two weeks shows up in Oxford. But every time I see Graves take the field this is what comes to mind.

http://i.imgur.com/PioEKRk.gif

Graves is not going to make a 50 yard FG. Mullen would be better off throwing it. I think hes already shown that

sleepy dawg
11-21-2016, 12:26 PM
Graves is not going to make a 50 yard FG. Mullen would be better off throwing it. I think hes already shown that

I would not attempt a FG from any distance with Graves at this point. Go for it every time.

wmccgc
11-21-2016, 12:32 PM
Please please please don't send the players home for Thanksgiving! Please let them enjoy the holiday at Seal!

Statecoachingblows**
11-21-2016, 12:34 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OEdpLFgaQEs

What year was this?

Bubb Rubb
11-21-2016, 12:40 PM

What year was this?

That was 1997....we lost that game 15-14 and it sucked.

War Machine Dawg
11-21-2016, 12:47 PM
I would not attempt a FG from any distance with Graves at this point. Go for it every time.

This is the correct answer.

tcdog70
11-21-2016, 12:48 PM
I THINK THAT WAS RECRUIT WES SHIVERS WITH THE BLOODY FACE

DogsofAnarchy
11-21-2016, 12:52 PM
Nope, it comes down to coaching and their staff is better than ours. You and a lot of others are gonna get it before too long. I hope. Lol

We know we can, but it's on the players...period! Do they care enough, have the heart, and desire to play this EB with everything they have for 60 minutes? It comes down to the team. If not, it could very well get ugly...real ugly.

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-21-2016, 01:01 PM

What year was this?

'97

Thick
11-21-2016, 01:26 PM
Nope, it comes down to coaching and their staff is better than ours. You and a lot of others are gonna get it before too long. I hope. Lol

Please stop posting.

Bubb Rubb
11-21-2016, 01:31 PM
I THINK THAT WAS RECRUIT WES SHIVERS WITH THE BLOODY FACE

YES IT WAS.

You can't really see it in this video, I don't think, but I remember watching it live. The Saintly Deuce McAllister had his helmet off, swinging it wildly at folks.

This was the game where we led 14-7 and Ole Miss scored at the end of the game and went for 2 and the win.....that damn Cory Peterson. I think our backup QB (Morgan) played all day and we couldn't get anything going on offense. Our defense was manly in those days, though.

state66
11-21-2016, 01:44 PM
If you are insinuating that our defense is showing up ready to play you couldnt be more wrong. Those idiots havent shown they can cover radio.

Jack Lambert
11-21-2016, 01:51 PM

With Logan hurt I would not punt either.

Liverpooldawg
11-21-2016, 02:03 PM
It's pretty much always nasty.

LC Dawg
11-21-2016, 02:08 PM
Since secret taping seems to be in the news today I hope someone on our sideline films what is said to our players from the stands. My guess is that Ole Miss wouldn't want their recruits to hear a lot of things their fans say.

msbulldog
11-21-2016, 02:09 PM
YES IT WAS.

You can't really see it in this video, I don't think, but I remember watching it live. The Saintly Deuce McAllister had his helmet off, swinging it wildly at folks.

This was the game where we led 14-7 and Ole Miss scored at the end of the game and went for 2 and the win.....that damn Cory Peterson. I think our backup QB (Morgan) played all day and we couldn't get anything going on offense. Our defense was manly in those days, though.

That reminds me of the '73 or '74 Egg in Jackson. There was a pre-game brawl and our running back Wayne Jones ran into the fight, the only one on the field that didn't have their helmet on. Needless to say he was abused.

Maroonthirteen
11-21-2016, 02:20 PM
I remember the series before their TD drive. We had the ball around their 35 yard line. Hindsight is always 20/20 but I recall we attempted the long FG and missed. The field was wet. It was cold. We should have punted and played field position. However, even with a short field, We got them into a long 3rd down around midfield....maybe 4th and long....regardless they completed a long pass to set it up in the redzone.....ugghhh.

Commercecomet24
11-21-2016, 02:25 PM

^^^^^^THIS.

GTHOM
11-21-2016, 02:26 PM
It wouldnt surprise me at all if we won. It also wouldnt surprise me if we get blown out

MadDawg
11-21-2016, 02:29 PM
Why am I starting to get the feeling that since everything points to this being a "whoever has the ball last wins" score-fest, that it's going to turn out to be like 17-10 final score. Hmmmm......

Commercecomet24
11-21-2016, 02:57 PM
It wouldnt surprise me at all if we won. It also wouldnt surprise me if we get blown out

I feel the same way, its been that kinda of year, all over the place.

Bothrops
11-21-2016, 03:40 PM
Please please please don't send the players home for Thanksgiving! Please let them enjoy the holiday at Seal!

This. We don't need to add anymore doodoo.

RougeDawg
11-21-2016, 03:48 PM
Just like I told my buddy before Ark game, we will have to stop them on at least 4 drives to win the game. We essentially only stopped them 1 drive when they missed the FG. The only other drive they didn't score points was the final one when they took a knee.

You have to score every drive if you allow your opponent to score almost every one and our team makes too many mistakes to score every drive. False starts, holdings, dropped passes, and Turnovers happen too often for us to score every drive.

We need to stop Bucky at least 4 drives Saturday to have a chance to win.

confucius say
11-21-2016, 04:03 PM
Just like I told my buddy before Ark game, we will have to stop them on at least 4 drives to win the game. We essentially only stopped them 1 drive when they missed the FG. The only other drive they didn't score points was the final one when they took a knee.

You have to score every drive if you allow your opponent to score almost every one and our team makes too many mistakes to score every drive. False starts, holdings, dropped passes, and Turnovers happen too often for us to score every drive.

We need to stop Bucky at least 4 drives Saturday to have a chance to win.

Better stop them more than 4 unless we are going to chew clock and sustain drives, thus limiting their touches. Because we are not scoring 40 on the road up there.

Bubb Rubb
11-21-2016, 04:05 PM
Better stop them more than 4 unless we are going to chew clock and sustain drives, thus limiting their touches. Because we are not scoring 40 on the road up there.

We could easily score 40 on the road up there. Vanderbilt just scored 38 - the 112th-ranked (or something like that) offense in the country.

PassInterference
11-21-2016, 04:13 PM
Ole Miss players want it. We don't. We're getting our asses kicked.

ckDOG
11-21-2016, 04:21 PM
We've rolled over and taken it in all but 2 games this year. Maybe we get up for a third, but I'll be damned if I expect that to happen at this point. Prepare yourselves for a rout that you won't enjoy.

AusTexDawg
11-21-2016, 04:25 PM
Why am I starting to get the feeling that since everything points to this being a "whoever has the ball last wins" score-fest, that it's going to turn out to be like 17-10 final score. Hmmmm......

What you're suggesting is kind of like the Texas Tech - TCU game. Just a week after Tech lost to OU 66-59, everyone was expecting a basketball score. Then TCU wins 27-24 in double OT.

Having said that, our defense is frightening enough in regulation, much less worrying about OT.

RougeDawg
11-21-2016, 05:14 PM

We were stopped on 4 drives Saturday to their 1 and lost by 16. 4 stops would have had us right there to win the game. We will score 35 to 50 this week. The question is will we be able to stop them. That's the difference in us winning and losing against every team not bama and LSU.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-21-2016, 05:37 PM
Their coaches are cheating their ass off dumbass. Have you been under a rock for a year?

MedDawg
11-21-2016, 08:00 PM
Their coaches are cheating their ass off dumbass. Have you been under a rock for a year?

Or four years? Or 70 years?