PDA

View Full Version : Engram

starkvegasdawg
11-21-2016, 11:30 AM
Saw him Saturday pull up holding his hamstring against Vandy. Anybody heard a status for him in the Egg? He is the one person on that entire team that scares me.

Jack Lambert
11-21-2016, 11:34 AM
Did he come back in? Hamstring is a bad injury to have.

msstate7
11-21-2016, 11:34 AM
Did he come back in? Hamstring is a bad injury to have.
He didn't return

louisvilledawg
11-21-2016, 11:35 AM
I haven't heard anything yet. I also noticed that Stringfellow and Lodge didn't play much (or at all) in the second half.

BeardoMSU
11-21-2016, 11:41 AM
Our D not having to cover a TE would definitely spot us around 21 points.

Gomez09
11-21-2016, 11:43 AM
Had an ole miss guy tell me they had 4 wr injured in the vandy game and that Aj was doubtful.... could be playing head games

Jack Lambert
11-21-2016, 11:46 AM
Had an ole miss guy tell me they had 4 wr injured in the vandy game and that Aj was doubtful.... could be playing head games

If that's the case then Patterson better be Johnny football II for sure.

Bubb Rubb
11-21-2016, 11:47 AM
Rebs are really banged up right now...

Demarcus Gates (leading tackler) will be suspended for the first half due to a targeting ejection against Vanderbilt
Fadol Brown went out with a leg injury (but returned)
Evan Engram went out with an apparent hamstring injury and didn't return
Van Jefferson went out with a hip pointer
Stringfellow and Lodge out in second half

And this was the injury report heading into the vanderbilt game:

Eric Swinney ? Torn ACL ? Out for Season
Kendarius Webster ? Torn ACL, MCL, UCL, and LCL ? Out for Season
Jordan Wilkins ? Academically Ineligible ? Out for Season
John Youngblood-Ankle- Out for Season
Chad Kelly- Torn ACL- Out for Season
CJ Moore ? Pectoral ? Out Indefinitely
DK Metcalf- Broken Foot- Out Indefinitely
Robert Conyers- Knee- Questionable
Sean Rawlings- Ankle- Questionable
Rod Taylor- Ankle- Questionable

starkvegasdawg
11-21-2016, 11:51 AM
Just talked to a bear here at work and he said based on what he's heard Engram is out.

Martianlander
11-21-2016, 11:57 AM
With our defense we don't need to get cocky. Remember Bo beat us on one leg a couple of years ago. Hope we can roll up enough points to win.

Bubb Rubb
11-21-2016, 12:00 PM
No cockiness here. Mobile QBs give us fits. Tight ends in the middle of the field give us fits too, so losing Engram will help us. We will score some points...we just need to see the defense from the first half of the A&M game and we'll be ok.

TrapGame
11-21-2016, 12:02 PM
Our D not having to cover a TE would definitely spot us around 21 points.

Not with this defense.

gtowndawg
11-21-2016, 12:03 PM

Demarcus Gates (leading tackler) will be suspended for the first half due to a targeting ejection against Vanderbilt

We're banged up just as bad...
Sirmon
Hevesy
Sallach
Special teams kicking coach adviser dude
"strength" coach guy

Bubb Rubb
11-21-2016, 12:06 PM
We're banged up just as bad...
Sirmon
Hevesy
Sallach
Special teams kicking coach adviser dude
"strength" coach guy

Well, along those lines, and if you read NAFOOM, you could add Wommack, Luke, Freeze, and their coaches to their list of banged ups as well...

Dawgbite
11-21-2016, 12:16 PM
I think we are more "Knocked Up" than "Banged Up".

starkvegasdawg
11-21-2016, 12:24 PM

Our defense is 17ed up.

MedDawg
11-21-2016, 12:47 PM

I don't know. Wind burn can be painful.

HSVDawg
11-21-2016, 01:20 PM

What is sad is that they have 16 players off their normal 2-deep maybe out (including studs at QB, WR x 4, TE, and LB for a half), and they are still favored by over a TD. Says a lot about the talent difference between the two programs right now.

gtowndawg
11-21-2016, 01:28 PM
What is sad is that they have 16 players off their normal 2-deep maybe out (including studs at QB, WR x 4, TE, and LB for a half), and they are still favored by over a TD. Says a lot about the talent difference between the two programs right now.

Well said. That's a sobering point.

Bubb Rubb
11-21-2016, 01:37 PM

I don't think they have a huge talent advantage over us. They are deeper and more talented at WR, but our QB running attack offsets that. Engram is a difference maker when healthy, but he's not. Defensively, they aren't anymore talented than we are - I think our issue is coaching and scheme on that side of the ball. They are much better than us with regards to special teams - and that's what the game could come down to.

The line came out before we know a status in Engram - we will see how it moves.

msstate7
11-21-2016, 01:37 PM

Om is 4-7 ATS this year, so Vegas hasn't had a good feel for them all year. They're 1-5 in last 6 ATS and then the only win is vs aTm who has lost last 7 ATS

BayouDawg
11-21-2016, 01:44 PM
They could put Steven Hawking out there in Engrams place and still torch our D with the damn TE seam route.

SnoopDawg
11-21-2016, 02:13 PM
Now that is funny right there.
They could put Steven Hawking out there in Engrams place and still torch our D with the damn TE seam route.

MadDawg
11-21-2016, 02:31 PM
Well said. That's a sobering point.

Sobering and incriminating.

preachermatt83
11-21-2016, 02:34 PM
Engram is fine.

thf24
11-21-2016, 02:37 PM
Can one of the knowledgeable types come up with a reason as to why conceding the TE up the seam might be an intentional part of our defensive philosophy? No clue why but I'm almost convinced of it at this point. There's no way that route is ALWAYS open against us by accident, no matter how inept our pass coverage might be.

msstate7
11-21-2016, 02:42 PM
Engram is fine.

Where did you hear this?

Jack Lambert
11-21-2016, 02:45 PM
Where did you hear this?

Freeze said in his press conference he was injured.

confucius say
11-21-2016, 02:46 PM
Where did you hear this?

Shhhh. See what he is doing, please.

MadDawg
11-21-2016, 02:47 PM
Engram is fine.

A rebel told me this morning he wouldn't play. So who knows?

preachermatt83
11-21-2016, 02:59 PM
Just watch. You could tell by how freeze addressed it that he's fine. He said something about "if there is any way then Evan will go, that's just how he is". And then something about a "warrior" or some crap. It's an out. If he plays great then they will say "what a warrior" and then If he plays poorly they will say "well he was not healthy".

msstate7
11-21-2016, 03:00 PM
Just watch. You could tell by how freeze addressed it that he's fine. He said something about "if there is any way then Evan will go, that's just how he is". And then something about a "warrior" or some crap. It's an out. If he plays great then they will say "what a warrior" and then If he plays poorly they will say "well he was not healthy".

Maybe freeze is just putting pressure on engram to play

Spiderman
11-21-2016, 03:04 PM

The Bo on one leg narrative.

Sounds exactly the same.

They will dope him to the gills, better football thru chemistry

Jarius
11-21-2016, 03:04 PM

I'm going to steal this for multiple scenarios in the future. Fair warning.

Commercecomet24
11-21-2016, 03:06 PM
I don't know if he'll play or not but I know one thing, the dude was hurting Saturday night. For any of you that have ever pulled a hamstring, even if its minor it don't just get better overnight and it can go at any minute. IF he plays he's gonna be hurting.

Commercecomet24
11-21-2016, 03:07 PM

Sounds exactly the same.

Are you insinuating a good Christian man like Freeze would you use drugs and risk injury to a young man just to win a football game?****************

Sacrifice
11-21-2016, 03:07 PM

I literally just spit water all over my dashboard. That's so funny!

preachermatt83
11-21-2016, 03:08 PM
Are you insinuating a good Christian man like Freeze would you use drugs and risk injury to a young man just to win a football game?****************

Bud Kilmer!!

Commercecomet24
11-21-2016, 03:10 PM
Bud Kilmer!!

Great movie reference! Rep given!

msstate7
11-21-2016, 03:12 PM

Sounds exactly the same.

If playing risks a tear of that hamstring, engram is stupid to play. He's an outstanding college TE, but a very average TE NFL prospect. He has to run very well at the combine. I have no idea if playing risks further injury though

Mjoelner34
11-21-2016, 03:40 PM
Can one of the knowledgeable types come up with a reason as to why conceding the TE up the seam might be an intentional part of our defensive philosophy? No clue why but I'm almost convinced of it at this point. There's no way that route is ALWAYS open against us by accident, no matter how inept our pass coverage might be.

I know one reason he gets open on that route a lot. I went to their UGA game and saw it work and saw it again on TV against Bama. Its all because the safety peeks into the backfield and falls for the window dressing. Engram runs a go route. The safety starts back peddling then peeks into the backfield to see a fake toss sweep to Engram's side. At that point the safety stops his back peddle and Engram runs right by him. Boom! Six points.

RezDog7
11-21-2016, 03:51 PM
Sobering and incriminating.

I'm pretty sure I could get open against our D.

Gomez09
11-21-2016, 04:03 PM
which means he is out for the year? Kidding Preacher

Leroy Jenkins
11-21-2016, 04:14 PM
Engram is fine.

That seals it for me..... he's out.

preachermatt83
11-21-2016, 04:50 PM
which means he is out for the year? Kidding Preacher

That seals it for me..... he's out.

Haha!! RoseBowl has spoken!

TrapGame
11-21-2016, 05:01 PM
Maybe freeze is just putting pressure on engram to play

This.

Remember Freeze wanting to know when Treadwell would be ready to play again IMMEDIATELY after he was hurt?

Jack Lambert
11-21-2016, 05:04 PM
This.

Remember Freeze wanting to know when Treadwell would be ready to play again IMMEDIATELY after he was hurt?

It's always better if you just walk it off.

GTHOM
11-21-2016, 05:25 PM
OM is a completely different offense than Arky. I know our defense was shit against UMass and Samford too though so it probably doesnt matter. I think our d line can win the battle up front though. I'd take our OL over theirs right now. They would too

Commercecomet24
11-21-2016, 05:30 PM
OM is a completely different offense than Arky. I know our defense was shit against UMass and Samford too though so it probably doesnt matter. I think our d line can win the battle up front though. I'd take our OL over theirs right now. They would too

Our OL is at least competent. Their OL is a train wreck. I didn't see one play where Patterson wasn't running for his life. I thought it was funny in the 4th quarter when the sideline reporter said Vandy's D was saying he's terrified you can see it in his eyes. This might turn into the ugliest football game ever seen outside of that 3-2 debacle. I feel confident that Nick is gonna bring it with all he's got Saturday and I fell like the offense is gonna follow him, now the defense on the other hand, they need an exorcism.

Bubb Rubb
11-21-2016, 05:47 PM

It does give me hope remembering our gameplan against A&M and how successful we were there. It's going to need to be something similar this week....and the DBs need to play the game of their lives....and the safeties and LBs need to tackle better in the open field. That's a lot of stuff that has to happen.

yjnkdawg
11-21-2016, 06:12 PM
Our OL is at least competent. Their OL is a train wreck. I didn't see one play where Patterson wasn't running for his life. I thought it was funny in the 4th quarter when the sideline reporter said Vandy's D was saying he's terrified you can see it in his eyes. This might turn into the ugliest football game ever seen outside of that 3-2 debacle. I feel confident that Nick is gonna bring it with all he's got Saturday and I fell like the offense is gonna follow him, now the defense on the other hand, they need an exorcism.

Unfortunately on the defensive side, I think, is Vandy has lock down corners, and we don't. That allowed their d line and linebackers to give Patterson nightmares.

Apoplectic
11-21-2016, 06:17 PM
Our defense is 17ed up.

👍👍👍

Commercecomet24
11-21-2016, 06:55 PM
Unfortunately on the defensive side, I think, is Vandy has lock down corners, and we don't. That allowed their d line and linebackers to give Patterson nightmares.

Oh I agree on that. My hope is Nick gets 6 or 7 more tds and our defense can get A stop lol

BayouDawg
11-21-2016, 07:03 PM
I'm going to steal this for multiple scenarios in the future. Fair warning.

Lol have at it brother

msstate7
11-21-2016, 07:11 PM

Sec ranks...
Vandy is 11th in sec in pass defense
Vandy is 10th in completion % against
Vandy is 14th in ints
Vandy is 11th in passing td's allowed
Vandy is 14th in sacks

BayouDawg
11-21-2016, 07:18 PM
Sec ranks...
Vandy is 14th in ints
Vandy is 14th in sacks

So you're saying there's a chance??

GTHOM
11-21-2016, 07:36 PM
Sec ranks...
Vandy is 14th in ints
Vandy is 14th in sacks

Their defense is still better than ours

msstate7
11-21-2016, 07:44 PM
So you're saying there's a chance??

I wouldn't get my hopes up

yjnkdawg
11-21-2016, 08:28 PM
Their defense is still better than ours

I think so too. They looked a lot better than that against OM, as they basically shut OM down in the second half. The score should have been a 28 point margin instead of a 21 point margin. The refs blew (no calls) 3 penaties, that should have been called on one OM play, when Patterson ran all over the field (behind the line of scrimmage). This then gave Engram the chance to make a great td catch.

yjnkdawg
11-21-2016, 08:30 PM
Sec ranks...
Vandy is 14th in ints
Vandy is 14th in sacks

Wasn't aware of that, thanks. But Vandy was ready to play OM and played to win, and not playing to try to keep from losing, as we have the last couple of years.

msbulldog
11-21-2016, 08:35 PM
Freeze said in his press conference he was injured.

C'mon man the NCAA logo is lame, bring Jack back!

yjnkdawg
11-21-2016, 08:35 PM
Oh I agree on that. My hope is Nick gets 6 or 7 more tds and our defense can get A stop lol

Yep. That's sad when we have to hope our defense can get "one" stop, but it is what it is.

Commercecomet24
11-21-2016, 09:22 PM
Yep. That's sad when we have to hope our defense can get "one" stop, but it is what it is.

Yep. As bad as our defense is there's is just as bad, that's our only hope.

It's pretty much gonna look like a youth flag football game lol

DownwardDawg
11-21-2016, 09:22 PM
C'mon man the NCAA logo is lame, bring Jack back!

Be a team player. It's just for this week!!!!

DownwardDawg
11-21-2016, 09:25 PM
Wasn't aware of that, thanks. But Vandy was ready to play OM and played to win, and not playing to try to keep from losing, as we have the last couple of years.

I posted in a thread several weeks back, Vandy expects to beat ole miss. We need to get that back.

msstate7
11-21-2016, 09:28 PM
I think so too. They looked a lot better than that against OM, as they basically shut OM down in the second half. The score should have been a 28 point margin instead of a 21 point margin. The refs blew (no calls) 3 penaties, that should have been called on one OM play, when Patterson ran all over the field (behind the line of scrimmage). This then gave Engram the chance to make a great td catch.

They're definitely better than us defensively

Commercecomet24
11-21-2016, 09:30 PM
I posted in a thread several weeks back, Vandy expects to beat ole miss. We need to get that back.

You got that right! I've never walked out any field as a player or coach with any other expectation than I was gonna win! That's a must!