PDA

View Full Version : I want to say this..

Jack Lambert
11-20-2016, 08:16 PM
The SEC is NOT a conference you let a new Defensive Coor get his feet wet. Stupid move on Dan's part. Add in a complete new defense that non of these guys in their 13 years of playing football every played in. Well most of them.

Spiderman
11-20-2016, 10:54 PM
The SEC is NOT a conference you let a new Defensive Coor get his feet wet. Stupid move on Dan's part. Add in a complete new defense that non of these guys in their 13 years of playing football every played in. Well most of them.

Yep

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2016, 11:02 PM
Yup. We pulled the dreaded double whammy.

Hired a first year D.C. to run a defense the players have never run.

Perhaps a first year D.C. running a 4-3 would've been fine or an experienced D.C. teaching the 3-4 may hae been fine, but both at the same time was major stupid. I'll admit I whiffed and liked the idea at first. In hind sight it was terrible judgement.

sleepy dawg
11-21-2016, 10:42 AM
Isn't this what we did with our head coach when we hired Dan?

TrapGame
11-21-2016, 10:50 AM

He coached in the SEC. Sirmon is a PAC 12 guy with no ties to the SEC. Terrible hire when we could have waived the non-compete on Tom Allen. He wasn't going back to OM with the NCAA nuking them from orbit.

Jack Lambert
11-21-2016, 10:52 AM

Mullen was a OC when we hired him. A little different then position coach to DC. I agree with shotgun if we had ran a defense the players understood it might have been different.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-21-2016, 11:16 AM
Sirmon was a mistake, but it's easy to second guess the decision after the shit show we've seen this year on D and losing 2 starting corners to start the year.