PDA

View Full Version : Someone needs to send this quote to the cigar boys

Todd4State
11-20-2016, 08:13 PM
Jeremy Foley: "What must be done eventually should be done immediately".

Dolphus Raymond
11-20-2016, 08:15 PM
Very good point. Maybe it is time. Diplomatically straddling the fence here.

civildawg
11-20-2016, 08:16 PM
I'm all for firing Mullen but I really can't think of a realistic candidate that would be an upgrade. Maybe the Wyoming coach? I just don't know

Liverpooldawg
11-20-2016, 08:18 PM
I'm all for firing Mullen but I really can't think of a realistic candidate that would be an upgrade. Maybe the Wyoming coach? I just don't know

Rick Ray would probably take it.

civildawg
11-20-2016, 08:19 PM
Dude stop bringing up rick ray every time. Scott made one really bad hire, but we ended up with howland. Give it a freaking rest.

DogsofAnarchy
11-20-2016, 08:19 PM
It's not necessarily Dan. It's Dan's staff. So whoever comes in will have to assemble a staff, Special teams Coach included and let them coach. Then hold them accountable. Not really a big deal.

QUOTE=civildawg;654671]I'm all for firing Mullen but I really can't think of a realistic candidate that would be an upgrade. Maybe the Wyoming coach? I just don't know[/QUOTE]

Commercecomet24
11-20-2016, 08:22 PM

He's a great coach but he's getting long in the tooth, now if you want to go after his successor at North Dakota state, Chris Klieman, I would be in for that! North Dakota State is well coached and disciplined

DogsofAnarchy
11-20-2016, 08:28 PM
Great Coach !!!

QUOTE=Commercecomet24;654685]He's a great coach but he's getting long in the tooth, now if you want to go after his successor at North Dakota state, Chris Klieman, I would be in for that! North Dakota State is well coached and disciplined[/QUOTE]

GTHOM
11-20-2016, 08:31 PM
I had heard he was gonna can Hevesy would be a big step in the right direction. But I actually think they have played better since the UK game. Minus samford

Liverpooldawg
11-20-2016, 08:34 PM
Dude stop bringing up rick ray every time. Scott made one really bad hire, but we ended up with howland. Give it a freaking rest.

And we still haven't equaled the record the year befor Ray was hired. Y'all always want to act like Scot had a bunch of good options on that hire. He didn't. My source on that is in a position to know.

Todd4State
11-20-2016, 08:37 PM
I had heard he was gonna can Hevesy would be a big step in the right direction. But I actually think they have played better since the UK game. Minus samford

Probably because he got wind that he was about to be canned. It's amazing what a little negative reinforcement can do sometimes.

MetEdDawg
11-20-2016, 08:42 PM

The reason Hevesy needs to go isn't play of our OL. It's his absolute inability to recruit consistently and effectively. We almost always have an ok OL. But there are numerous reports out there about his terrible recruiting of kids. We need better OL and getting someone better than Hevesy would help that. But we need someone who is relentless and getting kids, whatever the position, onto campus. That isn't Hevesy.

Todd4State
11-20-2016, 08:44 PM
And we still haven't equaled the record the year befor Ray was hired. Y'all always want to act like Scot had a bunch of good options on that hire. He didn't. My source on that is in a position to know.

It's Scott's fault to a large degree that our football program is where it is in my opinion. He should have had a long talk with Dan LAST year and told him to ditch Hevesy, Knox and Sallach and to let the DC do his thing or go take a job at Maryland or wherever else he can find a job. Keenum was ready to tear his ass a new one last year and Scott buffered it and we ended up just not extended him. Which we won't this year either.

And your source is wrong about Scott and Ray. Scott screwed that up too. I'm glad he's Florida's problem now. You don't go from no one wants your job to a guy that has taken teams to the Final Four and put guys in the NBA Ben Howland in three years. And I'll bet my v-cash that Howland is a better hire than Ray in the same span of time- but way to judge the guy after one year and then a 3-1 start with a bunch of freshmen essentially.

Apoplectic
11-20-2016, 08:47 PM
I want to hire Dan Mullen circa 2011. The guy that hires a DC at a small school to be a LB coach. A coach with DC experience that turned around a crappy directional school D. The same guy that hired a 4 yr DC from MTS that was 2nd in the nation in tackles for a loss. I want the Dan that demands relentless effort and nothing short. I want the Dan that benches older lesser talented players in favor of young and mistake prone talent. I want the $2mm/year hungry Dan Mullen.

If he's not available then let's see if PJ Fleck would like to make $4MM per year. Did anyone catch the story on him Saturday? I was ready to burst through the line and run away from Brandon Bryant's flailing piss poor attempt to stop me. He's a motivator. Row the boat!!!

BayouDawg
11-20-2016, 08:49 PM

We get it man. You absolutely live for seasons like this. Go jam out to Bulldog blitz and watch highlights of the Arky game.

Bully13
11-20-2016, 08:52 PM
I'm not an insider yet I will never believe the "no one wanted the job" crowd. don't really give a shit from any "insider" that says otherwise. that hire was a failure of epic proportions. just refuse to believe that shit just based on common sense.

BayouDawg
11-20-2016, 08:54 PM
I'm not an insider yet I will never believe the "no one wanted the job" crowd. don't really give a shit from any "insider" that says otherwise. that hire was a failure of epic proportions. just refuse to believe that shit just based on common sense.

If auburn could get Pearl with the shit program they had we could've gotten a competent coach as well. The whole thing was botched from the start. I don't have any inside info, just common sense.

lamont
11-20-2016, 08:57 PM

Joe Dooley and Jimbo Fisher would have too.

Dumbest ****ing reply on the site

Todd4State
11-20-2016, 08:58 PM
I want to hire Dan Mullen circa 2011. The guy that hires a DC at a small school to be a LB coach. A coach with DC experience that turned around a crappy directional school D. The same guy that hired a 4 yr DC from MTS that was 2nd in the nation in tackles for a loss. I want the Dan that demands relentless effort and nothing short. I want the Dan that benches older lesser talented players in favor of young and mistake prone talent. I want the $2mm/year hungry Dan Mullen.

If he's not available then let's see if PJ Fleck would like to make $4MM per year. Did anyone catch the story on him Saturday? I was ready to burst through the line and run away from Brandon Bryant's flailing piss poor attempt to stop me. He's a motivator. Row the boat!!!

Fleck would be my first choice. I think this team needs a shot in the arm more than anything. Awesome post by the way. Agree 100%.

Todd4State
11-20-2016, 09:00 PM
Joe Dooley and Jimbo Fisher would have too.

Dumbest ****ing reply on the site

But how could we compete with Florida Gulf Coast University in basketball?**

Bass Chaser
11-20-2016, 09:01 PM

I did. He certainly has my attention.

Jarius
11-20-2016, 09:10 PM
You don't go from only being able to hire Rick Ray to being able to hire Ben Howland. Scott messed that search completely up. If you think Rick Ray was the best we could possibly do after Stans you are an idiot.

lamont
11-20-2016, 09:15 PM
You don't go from only being able to hire Rick Ray to being able to hire Ben Howland. Scott messed that search completely up. If you think Rick Ray was the best we could possibly do after Stans you are an idiot.

THIS

Political Hack
11-20-2016, 10:00 PM

Your source shared what they wanted to share. They didn't tell you that Scott shunned the college basketball brass of the world and pissed everyone off. Once that happened, the coaching associations started ripping our program to shreds and no one would take it (that's not saying that what they were telling everyone wasn't true, but it still hurt the search big time). If he had engaged them, like they wanted it would've been a much smoother hiring process but he decided to "go it alone" without any input from the outside. When he shut the door on them, they shut the door on us. And then we got Rick Ray.

preachermatt83
11-20-2016, 10:09 PM

Outstanding post!! I want that Dan back. And I want Hevesy, Sallach, Knox, and Sirmon gone. If we can't get that then Fleck is the guy. Hands down my first call. I'd take him over Herman any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Bully13
11-20-2016, 10:23 PM
Your source shared what they wanted to share. They didn't tell you that Scott shunned the college basketball brass of the world and pissed everyone off. Once that happened, the coaching associations started ripping our program to shreds and no one would take it (that's not saying that what they were telling everyone wasn't true, but it still hurt the search big time). If he had engaged them, like they wanted it would've been a much smoother hiring process but he decided to "go it alone" without any input from the outside. When he shut the door on them, they shut the door on us. And then we got Rick Ray.

Hack bringing heat and clarification

dawgoneyall
11-20-2016, 10:26 PM

Would imagine that there were several (several) better.

Spiderman
11-20-2016, 10:30 PM

You are all for firing Mullen.... but you can't think of a replacement.... Jesus

Commercecomet24
11-20-2016, 10:33 PM
[QUOTE=DogsofAnarchy;654688]Great Coach!!!

Not only does Klieman win national championships, which means beating teams in his class, but he beats D1 teams every year too. Now PJ Fleck would be top of the list but Klieman is a great young coach. Watch the Bison play some time, they're the Bama of D2.

civildawg
11-20-2016, 10:36 PM
You are all for firing Mullen.... but you can't think of a replacement.... Jesus

Its not my job to come up with replacements. It's our athletic director, dumbass. I also know what I think makes no bit of difference. Its just a message board topic.

ScottH
11-20-2016, 10:56 PM
Its not my job to come up with replacements. It's our athletic director, dumbass. I also know what I think makes no bit of difference. Its just a message board topic.

Actually the replacements list would be the list left by the former AD and possibly give him a tweet and see if it he needs to update it at all.

Spiderman
11-20-2016, 11:27 PM

Dumbass... nice.

msbulldog
11-21-2016, 07:56 AM
If auburn could get Pearl with the shit program they had we could've gotten a competent coach as well. The whole thing was botched from the start. I don't have any inside info, just common sense.

Bruce Pearl was radioactive at the time.

Percho
11-21-2016, 12:46 PM

Cart before the horse? Double think?

Liverpooldawg
11-21-2016, 12:58 PM
We get it man. You absolutely live for seasons like this. Go jam out to Bulldog blitz and watch highlights of the Arky game.
I hate seasons like this. It brings out the worst in everyone.

Liverpooldawg
11-21-2016, 01:03 PM

His info on basketball has ALWAYS been 100% correct for MANY years. He IS in a position to know, and then some. The internet legend that there were good coaches that would have taken the job if Scott hadn't screwed up is just that, an internet legend.

Liverpooldawg
11-21-2016, 01:03 PM
Bruce Pearl was radioactive at the time.

Exactly. He still is really.

Liverpooldawg
11-21-2016, 01:05 PM

Shoes matter.