PDA

View Full Version : SEC DC salary data?

EngDawg
11-20-2016, 07:26 PM
Does any body have the salaries of all the DCs in the SEC? I have heard anecdotally that we pay assistants a lot less than our peers, but in the words of W. Edwards Deming: "In God We Trust, Everybody Else Bring Data."

TUSK
11-20-2016, 08:18 PM
Does any body have the salaries of all the DCs in the SEC? I have heard anecdotally that we pay assistants a lot less than our peers, but in the words of W. Edwards Deming: "In God We Trust, Everybody Else Bring Data."

I can speak for Bammer:
2015 Kirby Smart $1.5M
2016 Jeremy Pruitt $1M

HoopsDawg
11-20-2016, 08:19 PM
I can speak for Bammer:
2015 Kirby Smart $1.5M
2016 Jeremy Pruit $1M

Wow, saved 500K and got an upgrade.

TUSK
11-20-2016, 08:22 PM
Wow, saved 500K and got an upgrade.

We've done pretty well (pay wise) with our OC, too....

Thanks, USC!

Bully13
11-20-2016, 08:41 PM
it seems like our DC situation has been pure shit since Mullen arrived. has any other SEC team had to hire as many as we've had to in the last 8 years? it seems this last hire was not ready for the promotion Dan gave him.

DogsofAnarchy
11-20-2016, 08:43 PM
Neither was the Strength Coach Dan hired. That one sure isn't ready!!

it seems like our DC situation has been pure shit since Mullen arrived. has any other SEC team had to hire as many as we've had to in the last 8 years? it seems this last hire was not ready for the promotion Dan gave him.

EngDawg
11-20-2016, 08:46 PM
I posted a duplicate thread on SPS. Engie was kind enough to shoot this back to me so I thought I'd post it here for those curious. It is assistant salaries for 2015.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/assistant

Bully13
11-20-2016, 08:48 PM

yep. and when I said "pure shit" , for the most part I'm pointing towards the stability of the position. we've had some decent ones and some not so good ones. we've not been able to hold on to the good ones. ripping into their asses on the sidelines in front of the players during a game probably doesn't promote the stability part very well.

DanDority
11-20-2016, 09:41 PM
Looking at the list I would think that Tony Hughes took, a pay cut

Really Clark?
11-20-2016, 09:45 PM
yep. and when I said "pure shit" , for the most part I'm pointing towards the stability of the position. we've had some decent ones and some not so good ones. we've not been able to hold on to the good ones. ripping into their asses on the sidelines in front of the players during a game probably doesn't promote the stability part very well.

I'm not picking on you about this but over half the year people have complained about him not having fire and getting on the coaches butts when they screw up. He ripped in to Hev earlier in the year on the sidelines and there were numerous post applauding him for having that fire again. Y'all really have to make your minds up which way you want it. I can tell you if those coaches left for what Mullen said during a game, they need to find a new career and never ever coach for Saban or Myer. I guarantee you they make Mullen look tame

Bully13
11-20-2016, 09:57 PM
I just think there is a time and place as to how and when you chew ass.

Todd4State
11-20-2016, 09:59 PM
I posted a duplicate thread on SPS. Engie was kind enough to shoot this back to me so I thought I'd post it here for those curious. It is assistant salaries for 2015.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/assistant

So, per that we paid more for our assistants than Ole Miss did? I guess you have to cut from somewhere when your boosters give 2 million to recruits.

Bully13
11-20-2016, 10:04 PM
Dan's inability to retain DC'S has earned questions. Not saying I've got the answer. Just saying.

Really Clark?
11-20-2016, 10:19 PM
I just think there is a time and place as to how and when you chew ass.

I agree with that. And during a game on the sidelines is an appropriate time. Talking in private later is also a good time. Carrying over to an everyday relationship is overboard. Doing it at every practice is overboard. But during the heat of the game...is done all the time. Dabo does it nearly every game. But you leave it on the field. And the assistants know this as part of the job.

Bully13
11-20-2016, 10:36 PM
I'm not sure I agree with chewing your DC'S ass in front of the defensive players is the best way. Chewing the players ass in front of the DC would be more effective in my opinion.

Cooterpoot
11-20-2016, 10:42 PM
Saban chews Kiffins ass every other week. Doesn't seem to hurt anybodys feelings.

Todd4State
11-20-2016, 10:45 PM
I agree with that. And during a game on the sidelines is an appropriate time. Talking in private later is also a good time. Carrying over to an everyday relationship is overboard. Doing it at every practice is overboard. But during the heat of the game...is done all the time. Dabo does it nearly every game. But you leave it on the field. And the assistants know this as part of the job.

I remember Bill Walsh saying in an interview that he usually chewed out the assistant coaches during practice in front of a player that wasn't doing something correctly because the players tended to be closer to their position coach and the players usually responded to that by straightening up to protect the assistant.

Bully13
11-20-2016, 10:49 PM
I remember Bill Walsh saying in an interview that he usually chewed out the assistant coaches during practice in front of a player that wasn't doing something correctly because the players tended to be closer to their position coach and the players usually responded to that by straightening up to protect the assistant.

That's not a bad point. Not claiming to have all the answers

Really Clark?
11-20-2016, 10:56 PM

Yeah that's a good motivator but it wasn't every practice. That's what I was saying. The main thing is leaving it on the field. Chewing them out all the time, in meetings, filmroom, etc will get old.

msstate7
11-20-2016, 10:58 PM
Saban chews Kiffins ass every other week. Doesn't seem to hurt anybodys feelings.

We need a fired up, hard butt Mullen...except we need him to be nice to DCs**

fader2103
11-21-2016, 09:00 AM
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/coaching-salaries-sec-east-vs-west/

BB30
11-21-2016, 09:44 AM

Yep, the workouts are a lot more laid back now. From what I have heard it is a lot more generic than what we had previously. All strength coaches have different philosophies, if I'm not mistaken this guy came from OSU. There is a big difference in the type of kids we bring in and they do. A good portion of OSU's guys come from big schools that have great strength/conditioning programs. A lot of our kids come from small schools that have a PE teacher lifting them.

RougeDawg
11-21-2016, 10:38 AM
Yeah that's a good motivator but it wasn't every practice. That's what I was saying. The main thing is leaving it on the field. Chewing them out all the time, in meetings, filmroom, etc will get old.

So how do you feel about someone telling you how to do your job constantly? That's the recurring theme across all of our DC's. That would get more old than ass chewings.

Really Clark?
11-21-2016, 10:50 AM
So how do you feel about someone telling you how to do your job constantly? That's the recurring theme across all of our DC's. That would get more old than ass chewings.

Not really but you have your "sources" I'm sure. Of course Mullen would be the only coach in history like this. No other coach has ever monitored his staff like Mullen I'm sure.

Ask Bill Walsh assistants. That is who Todd was talking about. Or we can ask Joey Freshwater, he gets constant reminders of what to do by Saban.