PDA

View Full Version : Starting with the A&M game how many sacks has our O-Line given up?

Jack Lambert
11-20-2016, 12:15 PM
I know there has been some but how many?

BrunswickDawg
11-20-2016, 12:22 PM
3 - all of them by Bama. We have only been sacked 17 times this year, which is 3rd in the league.

state66
11-20-2016, 12:40 PM
Our QB is 6'5 230. His ability to scramble and break tackles makes up for the lack of protection from the OL.

Really Clark?
11-20-2016, 12:56 PM
Our QB is 6'5 230. His ability to scramble and break tackles makes up for the lack of protection from the OL.

Not to that degree. Not even close does that make up the big difference from last year. Dak was sacked 9 times against Bama last year. And depending on next week it could be our lowest sack total in a season since Dan has been here.

msstate7
11-20-2016, 01:03 PM
Not to that degree. Not even close does that make up the big difference from last year. Dak was sacked 9 times against Bama last year. And depending on next week it could be our lowest sack total in a season since Dan has been here.

We just refuse to give Hev credit. I do think a change at oline coach would be a good move, but Hev has done a nice job this year.

BrunswickDawg
11-20-2016, 01:13 PM
We just refuse to give Hev credit. I do think a change at oline coach would be a good move, but Hev has done a nice job this year.

Goes back to running your system and having players that fit it. when we run a true run first read option, our OL does ok. When we get pass happy, our OL can't adjust and we get mauled.

Todd4State
11-20-2016, 01:36 PM
Goes back to running your system and having players that fit it. when we run a true run first read option, our OL does ok. When we get pass happy, our OL can't adjust and we get mauled.

I still say that is on the running back we use. When we have a scat back things just don't work as well. Ever since Aeris took over we've been much better. It helps everything. We stay out of third and long situations and it helps our blocking and our QB and makes us less predictable.

Really Clark?
11-20-2016, 01:39 PM
I still say that is on the running back we use. When we have a scat back things just don't work as well. Ever since Aeris took over we've been much better. It helps everything. We stay out of third and long situations and it helps our blocking and our QB and makes us less predictable.

Our lowest sack total was 2012 with Russell and Perkins

Todd4State
11-20-2016, 01:44 PM
Our lowest sack total was 2012 with Russell and Perkins

How effective would the offense that year been with a bigger between the tackles runner though? Better than the stats even were. It's not just about sacks. It's the whole picture.

Really Clark?
11-20-2016, 01:46 PM
How effective would the offense that year been with a bigger between the tackles runner though? Better than the stats even were. It's not just about sacks. It's the whole picture.

I get you but the thread was originally about just sack totals.