PDA

View Full Version : How did Johnny Football II do? I was at game and could not watch.

Jack Lambert
11-20-2016, 10:54 AM
Did he fall on his face or what?

msstate7
11-20-2016, 10:57 AM
He wasn't terrible, but Kelly would've won that game. I'm sure spiderman is quite upset this morning

GreenheadDawg
11-20-2016, 11:00 AM
He wasn't terrible, but Kelly would've won that game. I'm sure spiderman is quite upset this morning

Haha

civildawg
11-20-2016, 11:04 AM
Yeah they lost but you can absolutely tell the kid has talent. Thank god hugh pulled that red shirt

msstate7
11-20-2016, 11:10 AM
Yeah they lost but you can absolutely tell the kid has talent. Thank god hugh pulled that red shirt

He can make spectacular plays and can get himself in trouble too with his scrambling. He leaves the pocket way too quick most plays. I wish we had the players on defense to force him to stay in the pocket bc he doesn't look comfortable at all there

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2016, 11:11 AM
He nolikey the pocket and wants to scramble.

That being said, his receivers really let him down last night. OM had tons of drops.

EngDawg
11-20-2016, 02:26 PM
He nolikey the pocket and wants to scramble.

That being said, his receivers really let him down last night. OM had tons of drops.

Paterson is an obvious jerk, the team isn't trying hard because they want Pellerin.****

benbow
11-20-2016, 02:35 PM
I live in Starkville so got home in time to see much of the second half. The major thing was that Vandy brought pressure on every play and from a different spot on the filed every time. Appeared that they had an extremely fast safety or small linebacker type that did nothing but draw a bead on Patterson every play. He was running for his life. A more experienced quarterback would have probably stood his ground and gotten the ball away in many cases. That being said, the only chance we have is to do something similar. Even a little pressure and he takes off running and throws an erratic pass. Even an amateur like me can see that.

Ari Gold
11-20-2016, 03:02 PM
Shea for Heisman ...

DownwardDawg
11-20-2016, 04:09 PM
He scarambles just like johnny football and plays backyard football. He looks awesome at times and lost at others. Vandy put tins of pressure on him and hit him a lot. I'm sure we'll let him stand in the pocket all night. Oh and yeah, that awesome receiving crew of theirs was hot garbage last night. It was the opposite of last week. They dropped everything they could.

RocketDawg
11-20-2016, 05:58 PM
Maybe Freeze is intentionally losing games so he'll be fired for losing games instead of cheating.

the59dawg
11-20-2016, 06:25 PM
I live in Starkville so got home in time to see much of the second half. The major thing was that Vandy brought pressure on every play and from a different spot on the filed every time. Appeared that they had an extremely fast safety or small linebacker type that did nothing but draw a bead on Patterson every play. He was running for his life. A more experienced quarterback would have probably stood his ground and gotten the ball away in many cases. That being said, the only chance we have is to do something similar. Even a little pressure and he takes off running and throws an erratic pass. Even an amateur like me can see that.

Vandy also contained the edge and Shea could not get outside on his Johnny scrambles. Vandy's db's also continued to cover tightly while Shea scrambled not letting the wr's get open. If we could only do that.

Spiderman
11-20-2016, 10:55 PM

No, very happy they lost.

Excuse me and Vegas for being wrong.

msstate7
11-20-2016, 10:57 PM
No, very happy they lost.

Excuse me and Vegas for being wrong.

It was a joke... should've put an *. You've gotta admit though that you've come across as Patterson's #1 fan.

Spiderman
11-20-2016, 11:17 PM
It was a joke... should've put an *. You've gotta admit though that you've come across as Patterson's #1 fan.

No, but I said, and believe, he has more upside than Kelly, especially between the ears

Todd4State
11-20-2016, 11:30 PM
No, but I said, and believe, he has more upside than Kelly, especially between the ears

That's not saying much.

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2016, 11:40 PM

Agree but he has less upside in durability. He's like Kirk Cousins with quicker feet. Although different, Fitz is of similar talent. Both will be fun to watch even if Pay Pat is playing for LSU or Florida next year

Spiderman
11-20-2016, 11:44 PM
Agree but he has less upside in durability. He's like Kirk Cousins with quicker feet. Although different, Fitz is of similar talent. Both will be fun to watch even if Pay Pat is playing for LSU or Florida next year

Only thing, IMO, Kelly has over Sha Nay Nay, is physicality