PDA

View Full Version : Buy or Sell: Fitz

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2016, 10:19 AM
Buy or Sell: If Fitz wasn't following Count Dakula we'd be believing we are watching one of if not the best player in school history develop before our eyes?

Every statistical measure says we would be.

If Fitz was following virtually any other MSU QB, we'd have numerous fans thinking he's going to be a Heisman candidate. We have people on here praise Pay Shea yet don't acknowledge that, while Fitz and Pay Shea are extremely different players, Fitz has a chance to be every bit if not more effective and both have NFL ability.

Fitz is going to put up Lamar Jackson or better numbers over the next two years. Why aren't we acknowledging this?

msstate7
11-20-2016, 10:20 AM
Buy

Dolphus Raymond
11-20-2016, 10:31 AM
Buy in unlimited quantities

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2016, 10:35 AM
To add: we can stop with the Cutcliffe/Dan Mullen comparisons. Cut couldn't replace Eli but in virtually every way except leadership, Mullen replaced Dak Prescott in about 8 games. Mullen has already beat Cut in that regard. Call a spade a spade.

Get the defense to average and get a kicker and we are an 8+ win team next year.

Corn Bread
11-20-2016, 10:48 AM
To add: we can stop with the Cutcliffe/Dan Mullen comparisons. Cut couldn't replace Eli but in virtually every way except leadership, Mullen replaced Dak Prescott in about 8 games. Mullen has already beat Cut in that regard. Call a spade a spade.

Get the defense to average and get a kicker and we are an 8+ win team next year.

Buy, Buy, Buy, Fitz puts his ass on the line for this team every play. Yes, he makes mistakes but at least he is giving it his all. Williams, Graham, diddo.

MetEdDawg
11-20-2016, 10:48 AM
Complete and total buy.

Fitz is a better runner and deep ball thrower now than Dak ever was. Yes he overthrows some. But can anyone remember Dak having as many drops as Fitz has had this year?? I sure can't.

Fitz is being treated like a 4 game winning QB. Problem is Fitz has played well enough to win 7 games. But our crappy defense makes Fitz look worse than he actually is.

I would say Fitz is actually quite a bit further ahead than Dak was at this point in his career and I dare someone to find me stats that say otherwise. Fitz has a better arm, he's a more effective runner, and he throws the deep ball better. And that's the unfinished product with two years left of development. Touch, accuracy, and some mental prep can all be learned. But make no mistake, Dan found himself a hell of a QB that is exactly what he wants for that position.

Fitz has the chance to go for 2500 passing and 1000 rushing as a sophomore who basically didn't play the first game. Kid is very good. Still got a lot of growth, but he's unquestionably the 2nd best QB Mullen has ever had on campus.

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2016, 10:52 AM
Complete and total buy.

Fitz is a better runner and deep ball thrower now than Dak ever was. Yes he overthrows some. But can anyone remember Dak having as many drops as Fitz has had this year?? I sure can't.

Fitz is being treated like a 4 game winning QB. Problem is Fitz has played well enough to win 7 games. But our crappy defense makes Fitz look worse than he actually is.

I would say Fitz is actually quite a bit further ahead than Dak was at this point in his career and I dare someone to find me stats that say otherwise. Fitz has a better arm, he's a more effective runner, and he throws the deep ball better. And that's the unfinished product with two years left of development. Touch, accuracy, and some mental prep can all be learned. But make no mistake, Dan found himself a hell of a QB that is exactly what he wants for that position.

Fitz has the chance to go for 2500 passing and 1000 rushing as a sophomore who basically didn't play the first game. Kid is very good. Still got a lot of growth, but he's unquestionably the 2nd best QB Mullen has ever had on campus.

No doubt. Football is a meritocracy and he's earned this team. He's a baller

RezDog7
11-20-2016, 10:54 AM
I bought in on Fitz back this summer and believe he has improved every game. I like the idea of Mullen working with him all off season but I'm not sure I like Mullen coaching our team next year. I don't think we should fire Mullen but unless wholesale changes are made I hope he ends up somewhere else. Who the hell doesn't make a team punt at least once.

msstate7
11-20-2016, 10:55 AM
Did dak attend manning passing academy between sophomore and junior year?

confucius say
11-20-2016, 10:55 AM
Buy. And to the point in the other thread I started, fitz is ahead of where dak was as a sophomore.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
11-20-2016, 10:56 AM
Fitz is very impressive. Is a better runner than dak. Has no touch whatsoever on short passes tho. With that being said. The main difference between dak and fitz even when dak was just getting started is Dak elevated the play of the entire team when he took the field. I'm not saying fitz can't lead but there is no true leadership at any position comparable to dak.

confucius say
11-20-2016, 11:03 AM
Fitz is very impressive. Is a better runner than dak. Has no touch whatsoever on short passes tho. With that being said. The main difference between dak and fitz even when dak was just getting started is Dak elevated the play of the entire team when he took the field. I'm not saying fitz can't lead but there is no true leadership at any position comparable to dak.

There's not a player in the sec that is the leader dak was/is. Not one.
I can't put our sucky defense on fitz. They need to look in the damn mirror. If they can't follow fitz's lead-by-example that's on them and they need to grow the hell up.

Maroonthirteen
11-20-2016, 11:04 AM
Buy in bulk.

Maroonthirteen
11-20-2016, 11:08 AM
Dak elevated the play of the entire team when he took the field. I'm not saying fitz can't lead but there is no true leadership at any position comparable to dak.

Something else to consider, Fitz is trying to lead different players than Dak led. For the most part.

msstate7
11-20-2016, 11:12 AM
Something else to consider, Fitz isn't leading the same players Dak did.

I would like to see the numbers fitz put up if bear and Fred brown were still on this team. Those 2 were huge losses for our young qb

MetEdDawg
11-20-2016, 11:14 AM
I would like to see the numbers fitz put up if bear and Fred brown were still on this team. Those 2 were huge losses for our young qb

The drops have been ridiculous too. I would bet Fitz has been the recipient of at least 60 drops this year. Maybe more. Anyone got a stat for that? Hard to find that stat for college QBs usually.

BigEasyDawg
11-20-2016, 11:18 AM
Total buy

Fitz is having one of the best seasons ever for a State QB and is only a RSophmore. We can't discount the amount of pressure he has been under to follow up Dak and yet he has answered better than anyone could ever ask for. That takes alot of grit.

Dak has it between the ears that is so special, but hopefully fitz can continue to learn and develop his leadership. Thats all I ask

BrunswickDawg
11-20-2016, 11:53 AM
No one has said it yet - but I'm calling troll on this MFr. Shows up Egg Bowl week and every post has bashed someone - in particular Fitz. Yes, I know I have a rep as the Fitz Police.

Buy in bulk on this. go back and look at games from 2013. Dak had that same "no touch" problem on his short throws and threw high on the intermediate throws. He still had consistency issues on them in 2014. It wasn't until Dak graduated and was able to take a minimum grad school course load - and basically take "QB school" as his full time gig that he got consistent on those. From a throwing standpoint, Fitz has the experience of a high school sophomore or junior. He had thrown somewhere around 80 passes in games in his life coming into this season. Let that sink in when you look at his shortcomings.

Jack Lambert
11-20-2016, 11:56 AM
He makes our O-Line better. I feel good about Offense going forwards but something has to be done with that stupid 3--4 defense and a DC who can 't make in game adjustments.

HereComesTheSpiral
11-20-2016, 12:16 PM
Can we move him to linebacker, he seems to enjoy hitting and running over people.

Jack Lambert
11-20-2016, 12:28 PM
That's where Shumpter should have been the past four years.

Commercecomet24
11-20-2016, 12:35 PM
Buy, buy, buy!

BrunswickDawg
11-20-2016, 01:05 PM
Bill Martin just tweeted -
To put in perspective,116 years of @HailStateFB there was only 1 300pass/100 rush game (Dak). Nick Fitzgerald has done it 3 times as a Soph.

sleepy dawg
11-20-2016, 01:21 PM
No one has said it yet - but I'm calling troll on this MFr. Shows up Egg Bowl week and every post has bashed someone - in particular Fitz. Yes, I know I have a rep as the Fitz Police.

Buy in bulk on this. go back and look at games from 2013. Dak had that same "no touch" problem on his short throws and threw high on the intermediate throws. He still had consistency issues on them in 2014. It wasn't until Dak graduated and was able to take a minimum grad school course load - and basically take "QB school" as his full time gig that he got consistent on those. From a throwing standpoint, Fitz has the experience of a high school sophomore or junior. He had thrown somewhere around 80 passes in games in his life coming into this season. Let that sink in when you look at his shortcomings.

His posts seem legit to me, but I've been fooled before. It is interesting that he's posted in just about every thread over the last day... posting every few minutes up until 4 am, then picking back up just before 10 am.

dawgday166
11-20-2016, 02:07 PM
There's not a player in the sec that is the leader dak was/is. Not one.
I can't put our sucky defense on fitz. They need to look in the damn mirror. If they can't follow fitz's lead-by-example that's on them and they need to grow the hell up.

Hurts is. I believe Fitz may get there (or close) too.

I'm buying on Fitz.

EngDawg
11-20-2016, 02:23 PM

^This

dawgday166
11-20-2016, 02:54 PM

Dak had a very good although somewhat young defense his sophomore year. Collins was D coordinator and there was some continuity on D side of ball. That D also had very good leaders in Nickoe Whitley, Bmac and Preston Smith. Not making excuses for them but the lack of effort on D is stunning to me. Those guys have had 3 D coordinators in 3 years with one changing the entire scheme. Don't know what's going on but it isn't talent IMO ... it's coaching whether it's teaching concepts, motivation, or whatever it's coaching. Something just isn't right on D side of ball. Maybe they've just said 17 it ... don't know.

On O side the Oline seems to have improved some, although very late in the year. However, we lose 3 senior starters next year 1 of which is the center so here we go starting over with that. Dan finally let Aeris get more carries. Ross starting playing like he had in the past. Gray is good too, he's a baller and blocks well too.

Fitz puts out relentless effort almost every play. He's gutsy and will get better if he keeps working at it. None of our team woes can be laid at his feet IMO.

CadaverDawg
11-20-2016, 02:54 PM
Buy. I still laugh at those that said it was a QB battle, or "Bring in Williams!!1!". Haha. Fitz is a beast, and he can still improve a ton in the passing game. Next 2 years will be fun if we can play an ounce of defense

Sacrifice
11-20-2016, 03:15 PM
Buy....if Fitz keeps progressing at this pace he will be a very high NFL draft pick. He has everything there looking for. This kids potential is scary