PDA

View Full Version : One thing I can't get out of my head from last night

starkvegasdawg
11-20-2016, 09:47 AM
All they had to play for and that was the effort. Senior night. The last time those guys would run out on the field. Bowl eligibility on the line. And our defense couldn't stop a pick up team from the MS School of Math and Science. No pride. No heart. No give a damn. No nothing. Almost like they were more concerned with what they're doing Christmas vacation.

civildawg
11-20-2016, 09:51 AM
It's happened two years in a row also. Last year with the sugar bowl on the line

defiantdog
11-20-2016, 09:52 AM
The defense is poorly coached as well. There were players on defense giving effort. Graham is going to be solid for us and plays with heart. But there were players taking horrible angles at the rb. That's on coaching. Bryant was playing super man and leaving his feet trying to tackle guys. He should be benched. Why should the players give a damn if the defensive coordinator clearly doesn't?

msstate7
11-20-2016, 09:53 AM
There's not 1 senior on defense that I'm gonna miss. Our defensive problems last night had a lot to do with our senior class...

msstate7
11-20-2016, 09:54 AM
It's happened two years in a row also. Last year with the sugar bowl on the line

Last year, OM was a better team and those 2 early TOs by our best player were too much to overcome.

JoseBrown
11-20-2016, 09:56 AM
Wyatt said at one point during the broadcast last night about the defense, "I've never seen anything like this." If that tells you anything. Another quote from him at another time trying to explain the defense, "They are just blocking us". Not sure if exactly right on that one, but close enough. I really think he was as dumbfounded as the rest of us about their play last night. But it shouldn't really surprise us, should it? Every year now towards the end of the year our defense goes away...completely.. It's not all on the players.

StatesboroBlues
11-20-2016, 09:56 AM

Egg Bowl 2014 with however slight a possibility of making the playoff...playing a banged up QB.

civildawg
11-20-2016, 10:02 AM
I still get mad when I think about us letting a one legged bo Wallace sit back in the pocket all day and not blitzing at all

Todd4State
11-20-2016, 11:04 AM
The effort from the players is the biggest thing that bothers me about Dan. I just think he can't motivate them anymore. At least yelling STRRAAAIIINNNNN! isn't working and he needs to come up with something different.

parabrave
11-20-2016, 12:54 PM
Wyatt said at one point during the broadcast last night about the defense, "I've never seen anything like this." If that tells you anything. Another quote from him at another time trying to explain the defense, "They are just blocking us". Not sure if exactly right on that one, but close enough. I really think he was as dumbfounded as the rest of us about their play last night. But it shouldn't really surprise us, should it? Every year now towards the end of the year our defense goes away...completely.. It's not all on the players.
His best quote was "and Bryant Whiffs again". That was said 3 times by Matt.

dawg27
11-20-2016, 01:30 PM
The effort from the players is the biggest thing that bothers me about Dan. I just think he can't motivate them anymore. At least yelling STRRAAAIIINNNNN! isn't working and he needs to come up with something different.

I will agree they just don't seem to play with fire, I mean the defense of players was on the sidelines some of them was laughing and joking just walking around, I mean if I was a defense player and I was standing on the sidelines knowing that the other team did not even punt the ball one time the punter never seen the field that would bother me as a defense of player did not seem to bother these kids. That would embsrras and should and embarrass The defense of players and coaches to know that you never stopped the offense not one time the punter never step foot on the field