PDA

View Full Version : We probably get a bowl if we win next week

Quaoarsking
11-20-2016, 12:37 AM
By my count, there are 64 teams that have at least 6 wins already. Colorado State probably makes 65 tonight. There are 80 bowl bids, meaning 15 more spots.

At 5-7, we would be behind any 6-6 team, no matter what. If all the 6-6 teams are in bowls, and there are still spots available, it goes by the APR ratings. If there are 5 slots available for 5-7, the best 5-7 teams in APR are the ones the get the bids, regardless of prestige. Our APR is 971.

These teams are definitely in line ahead of us, no matter if they win their last game or not, because their APR is better than ours:
992 5-6 Northwestern
990 5-6 Vanderbilt
984 5-6 North Texas
981 5-6 Boston College
979 5-6 Indiana
977 5-6 Maryland

That leaves 9 more slots we'd potentially compete for. These are teams that could still get to 6-6 with APRs worse than ours. If they make it to 6-6, they're ahead of us. If not, they're behind us:
5-5 South Alabama. Ugh. Plays Idaho and New Mexico State. Probably gets to 6-6.
5-5 TCU. Plays Texas and Kansas State. Probably gets to 6-6.
5-6 Miami OH. Plays Ball State. Probably a win.
5-6 NC State. Plays North Carolina. Probably a loss.
5-6 Arizona State. Plays Arizona. Probably a win.
5-6 Ole Miss. Would have to lose for this thread to be worth talking about.
5-6 UTSA. Plays Charlotte. Probably a win.
5-6 Southern Miss. Plays Louisiana Tech. Probably a loss.
5-6 Akron. Plays Ohio. Probably a loss.
5-6 SMU. Plays Navy. Probably a loss.
4-6 Louisiana-Lafayette. Plays Arkansas State and LA-Monroe. Probably doesn't get to 6-6.

So that's ~5 more bowl eligible teams. That means there may be 4 more slots we could get. (obviously speculating here. It's possible that we could get to 80 6-6 teams just with those above) These teams have APRs better than us, but may or may not make it to 5-7.
4-7 Duke. Plays Miami FL. Probably a loss.
4-7 Notre Dame. Plays USC. Probably a loss.
4-7 Syracuse. Plays Pittsburgh. Probably a loss.
4-6 UCLA. Losing to USC right now. Plays Cal next week. Probably makes it to 5-7.

That leaves 3 more slots potentially. The slots on the APR list are 971:
5-6 Texas. Plays TCU next week and could qualify for a bowl outright.
5-7 Hawaii
4-7 Mississippi State

Not sure what happens if there are 1 or 2 slots and all of us tied at 971. But it looks like there's a decent chance that we get a bowl if we beat Ole Miss. Obviously there's a whole lot of moving parts here and a few upsets (either from teams below us in APR getting to 6 wins, or teams above us in APR getting to 5-7) and there's no space, but I think we're better than 50-50 to get one IF we win next Saturday.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-20-2016, 12:56 AM
Geezus....give it up. We done. Let's focus on making some coaching moves and move on.

msstate7
11-20-2016, 01:01 AM
I appreciate the research, Q.

Liverpooldawg
11-20-2016, 01:05 AM
I don't think we would deserve one, nor does anyone with SIX wins much less five. That being said if we could get one we take it. The extra practice alone is worth it.

Commercecomet24
11-20-2016, 01:05 AM
Great research man! That took some work there. Appreciate it!

BulldogBear
11-20-2016, 02:04 AM
If we do, that's fine I'll take it because it's in the rules. BUT..........I wouod want that in order to get the extra practices, again, because it's in the rules, and not for any other reason.

I WILL NOT consider it a contuation of the "bowl" streak. I don't wanna hear any BS about 8 straight bowls. It's fake, false, contrived.....it's a not a "real" bowl season as we've come to understand all our lives. It's really more like an exhibition game than a bowl game.

BayouDawg
11-20-2016, 02:10 AM
I don't think we would deserve one, nor does anyone with SIX wins much less five. That being said if we could get one we take it. The extra practice alone is worth it.

Agree. We don't deserve it but we need all the practice we can get

Todd4State
11-20-2016, 02:34 AM
I also appreciate the research. I hope we get the NOLA Bowl.

starkvegasdawg
11-20-2016, 02:49 AM
I also appreciate the research. I hope we get the NOLA Bowl.
The way we've played, I'm rooting for the 2,000 flushes tidy bowl.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
11-20-2016, 03:58 AM
There is no way, even if state gets to 5 7, that they should even consider a bowl game. Putting it bluntly is that who would want to watch an extra game with this defense? Not me for sure

msbulldog
11-20-2016, 09:50 AM
Lord knows we need the extra practice, good job Q. Rep given.

Coursesuper
11-20-2016, 10:15 AM
No, No , No the problem after all that research is a defense only has to make two or three stops to beat us and that is exactly what UNM is going to do, we aren't winning that game. 4 wins is as good as it gets, pray for Jimmy Sexton and us keeping T Buck to try to hold what we can of the class together.

Ari Gold
11-20-2016, 10:19 AM
Extra bowl practice might over lap with CDM's annual job search...

I seen it dawg
11-20-2016, 10:43 AM
Hope he's successful this time

Quaoarsking
11-20-2016, 03:37 PM
SB Nation thinks we do it:
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/11/20/13689846/bowl-game-projections-2016-college-football-playoff-predictions

They have Vanderbilt, Boston College, and us as the 5-7 teams in bowls.

Gutter Cobreh
11-20-2016, 04:41 PM
Aren't we the best 4-7 team in the country playing in the best conference in the nation? In that case, we should be bowling!***

In all honesty, great research and thanks for posting Q! Rep. added.

Quaoarsking
11-25-2016, 09:21 PM
Update: NC State and Southern Miss both pulled off upsets to get to 6-6 today. They are both behind us in APR, so that hurts our chances of getting a bowl should we win tomorrow.

Nothing set in stone yet by any stretch, but it would be nice if Notre Dame, Duke, Syracuse all lose tomorrow. Rich Rod beating Arizona State tonight for us would also be great.

Todd4State
11-25-2016, 09:30 PM
Update: NC State and Southern Miss both pulled off upsets to get to 6-6 today. They are both behind us in APR, so that hurts our chances of getting a bowl should we win tomorrow.

Nothing set in stone yet by any stretch, but it would be nice if Notre Dame, Duke, Syracuse all lose tomorrow. Rich Rod beating Arizona State tonight for us would also be great.

I like how Bonner ripped off your research this past week.

preachermatt83
11-25-2016, 09:32 PM

I saw that too.

Quaoarsking
11-25-2016, 11:05 PM
Arizona up 28-7 on Arizona State right now. Would be huge for our chances. I'll post an update tonight, but I'd give us better than 50-50 to get a bowl if we win tomorrow.

I'm just glad he got it right, since earlier in the week he was Tweeting something about the 5-7 bowl eligibility depending on conference tie-ins (implying that we won't get one at 5-7 since the SEC has its slots filled already**), rather than the correct answer of APR.

** - And he still would have been wrong if conference tie-ins were the determining factor, because the SEC has 10 bowls to fill: Sugar, Citrus, Outback/Gator/Belk/Music City/Liberty/Texas, Birmingham, Independence. Alabama's almost certainly going to the playoff, so the 2nd-11th best SEC teams will get the tie-in bowls, and there's currently only 10 SEC teams at 6+ wins.

CJDAWG85
11-25-2016, 11:13 PM
TCU, USM, and NCST all won today. Zona St is down big.

dawgoneyall
11-26-2016, 12:09 AM
By my count, there are 64 teams that have at least 6 wins already. Colorado State probably makes 65 tonight. There are 80 bowl bids, meaning 15 more spots.

At 5-7, we would be behind any 6-6 team, no matter what. If all the 6-6 teams are in bowls, and there are still spots available, it goes by the APR ratings. If there are 5 slots available for 5-7, the best 5-7 teams in APR are the ones the get the bids, regardless of prestige. Our APR is 971.

These teams are definitely in line ahead of us, no matter if they win their last game or not, because their APR is better than ours:
992 5-6 Northwestern
990 5-6 Vanderbilt
984 5-6 North Texas
981 5-6 Boston College
979 5-6 Indiana
977 5-6 Maryland

That leaves 9 more slots we'd potentially compete for. These are teams that could still get to 6-6 with APRs worse than ours. If they make it to 6-6, they're ahead of us. If not, they're behind us:
5-5 South Alabama. Ugh. Plays Idaho and New Mexico State. Probably gets to 6-6.
5-5 TCU. Plays Texas and Kansas State. Probably gets to 6-6.
5-6 Miami OH. Plays Ball State. Probably a win.
5-6 NC State. Plays North Carolina. Probably a loss.
5-6 Arizona State. Plays Arizona. Probably a win.
5-6 Ole Miss. Would have to lose for this thread to be worth talking about.
5-6 UTSA. Plays Charlotte. Probably a win.
5-6 Southern Miss. Plays Louisiana Tech. Probably a loss.
5-6 Akron. Plays Ohio. Probably a loss.
5-6 SMU. Plays Navy. Probably a loss.
4-6 Louisiana-Lafayette. Plays Arkansas State and LA-Monroe. Probably doesn't get to 6-6.

So that's ~5 more bowl eligible teams. That means there may be 4 more slots we could get. (obviously speculating here. It's possible that we could get to 80 6-6 teams just with those above) These teams have APRs better than us, but may or may not make it to 5-7.
4-7 Duke. Plays Miami FL. Probably a loss.
4-7 Notre Dame. Plays USC. Probably a loss.
4-7 Syracuse. Plays Pittsburgh. Probably a loss.
4-6 UCLA. Losing to USC right now. Plays Cal next week. Probably makes it to 5-7.

That leaves 3 more slots potentially. The slots on the APR list are 971:
5-6 Texas. Plays TCU next week and could qualify for a bowl outright.
5-7 Hawaii
4-7 Mississippi State

Not sure what happens if there are 1 or 2 slots and all of us tied at 971. But it looks like there's a decent chance that we get a bowl if we beat Ole Miss. Obviously there's a whole lot of moving parts here and a few upsets (either from teams below us in APR getting to 6 wins, or teams above us in APR getting to 5-7) and there's no space, but I think we're better than 50-50 to get one IF we win next Saturday.

No. Not no but hell no. At some point integrity wins out.

Quaoarsking
11-26-2016, 01:10 AM
Update for the night:

I said there were 65 teams eligible after last week. I should have said 64 because Army is 6-5, but two of them are over FCS teams, so they'll have to be 7-5 to be bowl eligible. However, their APR is better than ours, so they'll be ahead of us in line no matter what, so my original analysis stands.

Anyhow, since last Saturday, 4 more teams have gotten to 6-6:
Miami (Ohio)
NC State
TCU
Southern Miss
Southern Miss and NC State pulled off upsets to get to 6-6, which sucks for us, but Arizona State (APR lower than ours) was upset by a bad Arizona team to fall to 5-7, so it goes both ways. That leaves 12 slots left.

These 7 schools are definitely in line ahead of us:
992 5-6 Northwestern (plays Illinois at 11)
990 5-6 Vanderbilt (plays Tennessee at 6:30)
989 6-5 Army (plays Navy in two weeks)
984 5-6 North Texas (plays @UTEP at 7)
981 5-6 Boston College (plays @Wake Forest at 2)
979 5-6 Indiana (plays Purdue at 11)
977 5-6 Maryland (plays Rutgers at 11)

It doesn't matter whether these teams win or lose tomorrow, they'll get a bowl ahead of us if they're 5-7. But go ahead and root for them to lose just in case, because they might decline a bid at 5-7, like Missouri did last year. But assuming all 7 go to a bowl, that leaves only 5 slots left.

These teams are ahead of us in line IF they win tomorrow, but behind us if they lose. They 7-loss teams have better APRs than us. The 5-win teams have worse APRs than us, but at 6-6 they're automatically ahead of us.
4-7 Syracuse (plays @Pittsburgh at 12:30)
4-7 Duke (plays @Miami (FL) at 2:30)
4-7 Notre Dame (plays @USC at 2:30)
5-6 SMU (plays Navy at 2:30)
5-6 Ole Miss (this whole thread hinges on them losing to us)
4-7 UCLA (plays @Cal at 3)
5-6 UTSA (plays Charlotte at 6)
5-5 South Alabama (must beat either Idaho tomorrow or New Mexico State next week to get a bowl)
4-6 UL-Lafayette (must beat Arkansas State tomorrow and UL-Monroe next week)
If 5 of those teams win, we're definitely out (unless somebody declines a bowl for whatever reason). But the good news is that most of these are going to lose, barring upsets.

But that's not it. We're actually tied in APR with two other teams:
5-7 Hawaii (plays UMass at 10)
5-7 Texas
4-7 Mississippi State (gotta be 5-7 for this thread to matter)

I'm not sure how they pick who gets a bowl among tied teams. Some sites have said the APR is actually in decimals, and the NCAA will announce the decimal scores if necessary. There's also speculation that Hawaii would get a waiver at 6-7 to jump in line ahead of all 5-7 teams, but I haven't seen that officially anywhere. So that's a team potentially in line ahead of us. Finally, Charlie Strong outright said today that they won't be playing in a bowl, so maybe Texas will decline anyway.

So there's the summary of who to root for. Root against Syracuse, Duke, Notre Dame, SMU, UCLA, UTSA, South Alabama, UL-Lafayette, and Hawaii tomorrow, and just maybe we sneak in.

Quaoarsking
11-26-2016, 02:13 PM
Syracuse losing 35-21 to Pittsburgh at the half. Good for us.

Op4isabitch
11-26-2016, 02:22 PM
I Can't remember a time that we've been in a situation to capitalize on an opportunity like this and we've done it, for whatever reason we never seem to get up for a chance to do something along these lines. :-(

Todd4State
11-26-2016, 02:32 PM
I Can't remember a time that we've been in a situation to capitalize on an opportunity like this and we've done it, for whatever reason we never seem to get up for a chance to do something along these lines. :-(

2013? Best Arkansas and Ole Miss in OT to go to a bowl.

dawgday166
11-26-2016, 02:35 PM
I don't have much enthusiasm for making a bowl at 5-7. I kinda want the suffering to end for this year.

Todd4State
11-26-2016, 02:37 PM
Any fan not wanting us to go to a bowl because we're 5-7 is wrong.

Quaoarsking
11-26-2016, 02:39 PM
I don't have much enthusiasm for making a bowl at 5-7. I kinda want the suffering to end for this year.

I hear you, but remember how Dak wasn't really that great (he was good, but definitely not elite) throughout 2013. Then he was lights out in the 2013 Liberty Bowl, and those extra practices + extra game experience really propelled him into an outstanding 2014 season.

We need Fitz to do the same thing. We need a bowl this year, even though we don't deserve one.

dawgday166
11-26-2016, 02:40 PM

I'm old school. I still believe bowl should be for accomplishing something.

Quaoarsking
11-26-2016, 02:43 PM
I'm old school. I still believe bowl should be for accomplishing something.

I think they should cut back to just 15-20 prestigious bowls and require 8-4+ to get one. BUT let everyone else have a 13th game in December, they just won't be "bowl games." That way everyone gets the extra practice and game experience, but the mediocre and bad teams just play in a regular game.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2016, 02:44 PM

Exactly! We need the extra practices and we also get continued exposure as a bowl team because nobody really looks at the record in bowl games they look at the teams that are always in them. I don't necessarily agree with teams with losing records being in bowl games but this is the system we play under today. So I'm all for it.

dawgday166
11-26-2016, 02:46 PM
I think they should cut back to just 15-20 prestigious bowls and require 8-4+ to get one. BUT let everyone else have a 13th game in December, they just won't be "bowl games." That way everyone gets the extra practice and game experience, but the mediocre and bad teams just play in a regular game.

Good idea but won't happen. And the only reason to have a bowl game is for the practices. But hell, those haven't seemed to help us much the last 2 years so I don't even know about that.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2016, 02:46 PM
I hear you, but remember how Dak wasn't really that great (he was good, but definitely not elite) throughout 2013. Then he was lights out in the 2013 Liberty Bowl, and those extra practices + extra game experience really propelled him into an outstanding 2014 season.

We need Fitz to do the same thing. We need a bowl this year, even though we don't deserve one.

Appreciate all the work you're putting in on this Q. I hope this comes to fruition for us! Thanks for the updates!

msstate7
11-26-2016, 02:55 PM
Purdue could be helping us beating Indiana

Quaoarsking
11-26-2016, 03:03 PM
Purdue could be helping us beating Indiana

Couldn't hurt. Indiana is ahead of us in APR, but they might fire Kevin Wilson (ass) if he loses to Purdue and decline a bowl.

Quaoarsking
11-26-2016, 04:35 PM
Syracuse loses. Good for us.

UL-Lafayette wins. Bad for us, but they're only 5-6. They'll play UL-Monroe next week. Dammit Hud.

Quaoarsking
11-26-2016, 06:06 PM
Duke, SMU, and Notre Dame all down by multiple TDs. Good news for us.

msudawg1200
11-26-2016, 06:46 PM
Duke, SMU, and Notre Dame all down by multiple TDs. Good news for us.

If all stays as i, I believe we need one of UTSA, UCLA, Hawaii to lose tonight, or ULL to lose at ULM next week. Our APR is at 971 with Texas, but I saw where Texas said they weren't going to a bowl.

Quaoarsking
11-26-2016, 07:20 PM
Syracuse, Duke, Notre Dame, and SMU all lost.

These teams are ahead of us if they win, behind us if they lose:
UCLA (just kicked off against Cal)
UTSA (just kicked off against Charlotte)
Hawaii (plays UMass laste tonight)
South Alabama (plays New Mexico State next week)
UL-Lafayette (plays UL-Monroe next week)

If 0 of those teams lose, we're SOL.
If 1 of those lose, we tie with Texas for the last spot. Not sure what happens.
If 2 of more of those teams 2, we definitely get a bowl.

Vandelay Industries
11-26-2016, 07:20 PM
Dan said something to the effect of "we won't play for awhile but it was great to get this win" Sounded like he knew we weren't going bowling

Quaoarsking
11-26-2016, 07:25 PM
Dan said something to the effect of "we won't play for awhile but it was great to get this win" Sounded like he knew we weren't going bowling

I doubt he was keeping up with scores during the game. He doesn't know that our chances are above 50-50.

HSVDawg
11-26-2016, 07:25 PM

I'm sure he's just going off the same assumption that 99% of the world did....that we wouldn't be eligible after losing to Arkansas.

Quaoarsking
11-26-2016, 07:34 PM
Cal takes the early lead on UCLA 3-0

msstate7
11-26-2016, 08:02 PM
If all goes right, where at, q?

SDDawg
11-26-2016, 08:03 PM
We still have a slim chance!

MarketingBully
11-26-2016, 08:04 PM
Who would we want to win that game?

Quaoarsking
11-26-2016, 08:13 PM
If all goes right, where at, q?
Probably Independence Bowl on Dec. 26 is the most likely. I believe they would choose between us and a 5-7 Vanderbilt, and probably take us.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think there's a rule that says the conference tie-ins have to take 6-6 teams before they can dip to 5-7, so if Vanderbilt beats Tennessee tonight, they would go to Independence (or maybe Birmingham with South Carolina to Independence), so we could end up anywhere. Saw one projection that had the Cactus Bowl on Dec. 27 having to take a 5-7, so maybe there.

ETA: Arizona Bowl (Dec. 30), Quick Lane Bowl (Dec. 26 in Detroit), and St. Petersburg Bowl (Dec. 26) have also settled for 5-7 in projections, so those may be in the mix too.

Quaoarsking
11-26-2016, 08:18 PM
Who would we want to win that game?

We need Cal, who just took a 12-0 lead, to win. That would put us in a bowl, UNLESS every other potential bowl team wins, and we lose the tiebreaker to Texas (who would have to reverse course and decide to take a bowl after all).

msstate7
11-26-2016, 08:20 PM
Probably Independence Bowl on Dec. 26 is the most likely. I believe they would choose between us and a 5-7 Vanderbilt, and probably take us.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think there's a rule that says the conference tie-ins have to take 6-6 teams before they can dip to 5-7, so if Vanderbilt beats Tennessee tonight, they would go to Independence (or maybe Birmingham with South Carolina to Independence), so we could end up anywhere. Saw one projection that had the Cactus Bowl on Dec. 27 having to take a 5-7, so maybe there.

ETA: Arizona Bowl (Dec. 30), Quick Lane Bowl (Dec. 26 in Detroit), and St. Petersburg Bowl (Dec. 26) have also settled for 5-7 in projections, so those may be in the mix too.

Q, if no one else appreciates your research, I do. Thank you for being one of the best research guys here

BeardoMSU
11-26-2016, 09:24 PM
Q, if no one else appreciates your research, I do. Thank you for being one of the best research guys here

I do too. Thanks for putting all this together!

ScoobaDawg
11-26-2016, 09:25 PM
Syracuse, Duke, Notre Dame, and SMU all lost.

These teams are ahead of us if they win, behind us if they lose:
UCLA (just kicked off against Cal)
UTSA (just kicked off against Charlotte)
Hawaii (plays UMass laste tonight)
South Alabama (plays New Mexico State next week)
UL-Lafayette (plays UL-Monroe next week)

If 0 of those teams lose, we're SOL.
If 1 of those lose, we tie with Texas for the last spot. Not sure what happens.
If 2 of more of those teams 2, we definitely get a bowl.

Ucla down 26-7 in 3rd
UtSA winning 17-7 in 3rd

Quaoarsking
11-26-2016, 09:51 PM
Bonner just Tweeted that ULL is ineligible for a bowl even if they get to 6-6. If that's true and UCLA doesn't stage a miracle comeback, we're in!

BeardoMSU
11-26-2016, 09:54 PM
Bonner just Tweeted that ULL is ineligible for a bowl even if they get to 6-6. If that's true and UCLA doesn't stage a miracle comeback, we're in!

Nice!

Commercecomet24
11-26-2016, 09:56 PM

Thanks for your work, Q! Surely we would accept a bid?

BeardoMSU
11-26-2016, 09:57 PM
Thanks for your work, Q! Surely we would accept a bid?

Dan seemed keen on it, so I'm sure we would.

WSOPdawg
11-26-2016, 09:59 PM
Outstanding job, Q. Your work was a time-consuming endeavor but I know I certainly appreciate it, bud. Kudos and thanks again.

Todd4State
11-26-2016, 10:00 PM
Q- awesome work.

ScoobaDawg
11-26-2016, 10:06 PM
Hey Bonner. Say thanks Q for writing my article

Todd4State
11-26-2016, 10:10 PM
Hey Bonner. Say thanks Q for writing my article

No kidding. And Cal is about to start kneeling down.

ScoobaDawg
11-26-2016, 10:15 PM

This is not correct per the final ncaa report
http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sports/college/2016/01/12/ncaa-releases-ruling-ull-violations/78687430/

Commercecomet24
11-26-2016, 10:20 PM
Dan seemed keen on it, so I'm sure we would.

Appreciate the info. I hadn't seen any comments from Dan on the subject.

Outside Dawg
11-26-2016, 10:21 PM
This is not correct per the final ncaa report
http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sports/college/2016/01/12/ncaa-releases-ruling-ull-violations/78687430/

I believe Bonner was referring to a report that their APR was too low to be bowl eligible, not related to NCAA violations.

Quaoarsking
11-26-2016, 10:34 PM
I can't find anything on the Internet saying ULL is ineligible, so I'm just going to assume that Bonner is wrong and say that FOR NOW all that is guaranteed is that we've tied with Texas for the last spot.

Hopefully Hawaii, USA, or ULL lose and we don't have to worry, or else Texas declines the bid, but it's kinda unfathomable to me that Bonner would Tweet out basically saying we're in if he weren't 100% sure of it. He's not just some message board poster - this is his career!

Todd4State
11-26-2016, 10:36 PM
I can't find anything on the Internet saying ULL is ineligible, so I'm just going to assume that Bonner is wrong and say that FOR NOW all that is guaranteed is that we've tied with Texas for the last spot.

Hopefully Hawaii, USA, or ULL lose and we don't have to worry, or else Texas declines the bid, but it's kinda unfathomable to me that Bonner would Tweet out basically saying we're in if he weren't 100% sure of it. He's not just some message board poster - this is his career!

Plus if it was something bad he would definitley be all over it. But this is something good which is something he usually doesn't search for in our case.

RougeDawg
11-26-2016, 10:40 PM

Nice work. Just reading through all of this. Would be nice to get our young guys some extra practice but we can't be disappointed not to get one. Just one of those years. Hopefully this year, whatever bowl or one, has rekindled the flame in Dan and we get back on the track from the 13/14 teams.

For some odd reason, I feel as if Dan's fire has been growing with the performances of Dak each week. Maybe I'm completely wrong but Dan has been showing embers of his former self, more and more as Dak performs on larger stages.

BulldogBear
11-26-2016, 10:40 PM

Yes. Plus 1. Thanks.

Quaoarsking
11-26-2016, 10:47 PM
People on Twitter arguing whether we or Texas get the bid if there's only 1 left. Not sure who to believe.

preachermatt83
11-26-2016, 10:48 PM
What's the tie breaker between us and TX?

Commercecomet24
11-26-2016, 10:49 PM
People on Twitter arguing whether we or Texas get the bid if there's only 1 left. Not sure who to believe.

You dong great work man! Keep it up cause trying to figure this out is worse than trying to do my tax return

curmudgeon
11-26-2016, 10:52 PM

There is no precedent for a tied APR. It appears that the affected bowl can pick. Birmingham might pick us. Everyone else would pick Texas. I think Texas will decline seeing that they just fired their entire coaching staff.

We need to become UMass, New Mexico State and UL Monroe fans just to make sure. Appears only one would lock it up.

Todd4State
11-26-2016, 11:07 PM
There is no precedent for a tied APR. It appears that the affected bowl can pick. Birmingham might pick us. Everyone else would pick Texas. I think Texas will decline seeing that they just fired their entire coaching staff.

We need to become UMass, New Mexico State and UL Monroe fans just to make sure. Appears only one would lock it up.

If it’s the Birmingham Bowl that is affected, I would have to believe that they would pick us since they have a SEC tie in. I can’t imagine them wanting to potentially hurt that by picking Texas.

Gutter Cobreh
11-26-2016, 11:17 PM
Outside of recruiting threads, this is probably the best thread posted since I joined. Nice work Q and thanks for keep on us informed!

Really Clark?
11-26-2016, 11:17 PM
Hey. Don't we hold the edge over Texas since our 1 year APR is higher? We are tied for the other but looks like we are higher than them in the one year