PDA

View Full Version : Attn John Cohen

Apoplectic
11-20-2016, 12:01 AM
Here is ur chance to supplant the ninja as the greatest AD in the modern era. When Coach Mullen gets smoked next week fire him on Sunday. Don't worry about having anyone lined up to take his place. There are plenty of good coaches that would make the move for top 15 money, modern facilities, and sold out home games.

msstate7
11-20-2016, 12:09 AM
Not gonna happen... if anyone understands about bad years, it's Cohen. Cohen finished dead last in the sec 2 years ago.

IMissJack
11-20-2016, 12:16 AM
In Cohen's defense, he always loved MSU and did not shop every offseason.

EngDawg
11-20-2016, 12:22 AM
There are plenty of good coaches that would make the move for top 15 money, modern facilities, and sold out home games.

Pls name a coach with a better resume than Mullen that we could realistically get? Les Miles? That's all I got.

GTHOM
11-20-2016, 12:25 AM
In Cohen's defense, he always loved MSU and did not shop every offseason.

This is what makes me actually wonder if he would do it if we get skull dragged next week. But I just dont see Cohen making a move like that this soon

IMissJack
11-20-2016, 12:27 AM
But I just dont see Cohen making a move like that this soon

We know Stricklin wouldn't.

Liverpooldawg
11-20-2016, 12:32 AM
Here is ur chance to supplant the ninja as the greatest AD in the modern era. When Coach Klein Mullen gets smoked next week fire him on Sunday. Don't worry about having anyone lined up to take his place. There are plenty of good coaches that would make the move for top 15 money, modern facilities, and sold out home games.

It might also be his chance to go down as the worst AD ever. I think it would if he did it. We ain't gonna fire Mullen this year. The resulting hire would make Rick Ray look like John Wooden.

Liverpooldawg
11-20-2016, 12:34 AM
Pls name a coach with a better resume than Mullen that we could realistically get? Les Miles? That's all I got.

THIS. Maybe Coach O otherwise, and his stinks. The market is going to be a sellers one this year. It's not a year we want to be a buyer.

BayouDawg
11-20-2016, 12:38 AM
I have my worries about Cohen. It's concerning to me that Stricklin (aka the brown nosing snake) was pushing for him. Does that mean that Cohen and Stricklin are like minded? Does that mean there will be a continuation of the country club culture in the Bryan building?

yjnkdawg
11-20-2016, 01:20 AM
Here is ur chance to supplant the ninja as the greatest AD in the modern era. When Coach Klein Mullen gets smoked next week fire him on Sunday. Don't worry about having anyone lined up to take his place. There are plenty of good coaches that would make the move for top 15 money, modern facilities, and sold out home games.

The media would rake us over the coals if we fired him this year, with all that he has accomplished. I doubt those plenty of good coaches. that you mentioned, would be even consider interviewing.

BayouDawg
11-20-2016, 01:25 AM
The media would rake us over the coals if we fired him this year, with all that he has accomplished. I doubt those plenty of good coaches. that you mentioned, would be even consider interviewing.
Hire him a young hot grad assistant and buy him a Harley and it will take care of itself.

Coach007
11-20-2016, 01:34 AM
Hahaha at this thread! LMAo at the other threads about this.

With Dak being a NFL sensation in his rookie year and Fitz a!ready breaking records, you people want to FIRE Mullen?

In a year when major talent went into the NFL, you want to fire the coach that was and is responsible for that?

BayouDawg
11-20-2016, 02:06 AM
Hahaha at this thread! LMAo at the other threads about this.

With Dak being a NFL sensation in his rookie year and Fitz a!ready breaking records, you people want to FIRE Mullen?

In a year when major talent went into the NFL, you want to fire the coach that was and is responsible for that?

Lets evaluate where we are right now compared to where we were Croom's last year.
Qb: better now than then by a long shot
Rb: worse now
OL: worse and it's becoming a complete joke
Wr: better now but regressing again
DL: I'd say worse
Lb: looking at the depth chart youd think we were better now but really we're not
DB: much much worse and beyond a joke
TE: really don't know as we never really utilize this position which is baffling to me in a spread offense
Special teams: probably about the same.

So explain to me why you're happy with the current standing of our program in year 8 of Dan?

Liverpooldawg
11-20-2016, 02:22 AM
Lets evaluate where we are right now compared to where we were Croom's last year.
Qb: better now than then by a long shot
Rb: worse now
OL: worse and it's becoming a complete joke
Wr: better now but regressing again
DL: I'd say worse
Lb: looking at the depth chart youd think we were better now but really we're not
DB: much much worse and beyond a joke
TE: really don't know as we never really utilize this position which is baffling to me in a spread offense
Special teams: probably about the same.

So explain to me why you're happy with the current standing of our program in year 8 of Dan?

You aren't seriously trying to make CROOM look better than a guy who has taken us to 6 straight bowls and got us to#1.

Is this another of 34's alter personas? I bet you thought Rick Ray was an improvement over Stans too. Not even the best resume hire we have ever made in any sport EVER has been able to effect an immediate turn around from that debacle.

Todd4State
11-20-2016, 02:28 AM

Charlie Strong. Next question.

Todd4State
11-20-2016, 02:30 AM
This is what makes me actually wonder if he would do it if we get skull dragged next week. But I just dont see Cohen making a move like that this soon

Stranger things have happened. Keenum wanted to move to replace Stricklin awfully quickly and I imagine he had a reason.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
11-20-2016, 05:01 AM
Mullen will have the opportunity to come back but some major problems haved to be addressed. The preparation and overall effort this season has been the worst under Mullen. Sirmon isn't exactly just the bad hire. It was a lazy hire by Mullen. No experience at the D.C. position couldn't have been the only guy there was. We can't keep a D.C. For no time and it's all Mullen. So how does this get fixed? It doesn't

Cooterpoot
11-20-2016, 08:16 AM
Anyone wanting to fire Mullen is a damn fool. Stop acting like we're AL. We're going to have down years. But, he's got fire people on staff. If we had a decent defense and a kicker, we'd probably have 7 or 8 wins this year.
Our best players are back next year minus Ross and a lot of the problems are leaving.

BayouDawg
11-20-2016, 08:41 AM
You aren't seriously trying to make CROOM look better than a guy who has taken us to 6 straight bowls and got us to#1.

Is this another of 34's alter personas? I bet you thought Rick Ray was an improvement over Stans too. Not even the best resume hire we have ever made in any sport EVER has been able to effect an immediate turn around from that debacle.

Heck no Croom was an idiot. Dan is 10x the coach Croom was. For what ever reason though Dan let up and we've regressed badly in several positions. There's no debating we had better o lineman in 08 than this year or DB's. I guess you could argue DL this year is marginally better.

thedawginme
11-20-2016, 08:48 AM

Are you serious?

Percho
11-20-2016, 09:24 AM
I want Mullen to want Mississippi State. I want him to want to turn it around and to show the MSU fan base, that is what he wants. If that is not what he wants, then he needs to say so and all move on. I believe he can get it done at MSU but it may require him to look at himself and amit there are some changes he might need to make. Also, I do not know if he has a mentor but if he does he needs to spend some time with him/her.

EngDawg
11-20-2016, 09:45 AM

If he can't win at Texas he can't win here

Bucky Dog
11-20-2016, 10:23 AM

You are joking, right?!

Todd4State
11-20-2016, 11:22 AM
If he can't win at Texas he can't win here

He won at Louisville and he has zero support at Texas. It's a bad fit for him.