PDA

View Full Version : I'll put it like this

GTHOM
11-19-2016, 11:39 PM
First off anyone who tries to say ''Mullen shouldnt be blamed he doesnt coach defense'' is dead ass wrong and should hang that up immediately. Today was the worst defensive performance in the history of MSU football. But then again this is the team that made UMass look like Texas Tech. Made Samford look like Oregon. There is no such thing as moral victories in year 8. Dont even bring it up.

All that said, OM is as bad as we are and we are going to score on them. Evan Engram just got hurt, wish him all the best but being real it helps us. Their WRs will still rape us and so will Shea. However their OL isnt as good as Arky's and neither are their RB's. If we will run the ball we can score and keep their offense on the sideline. It will be a challenge but we could score 35-40 on them. Can we hold them to 34

Cooterpoot
11-19-2016, 11:43 PM
This team doesn't even hold up the toilet seat when they piss.

TimberBeast
11-19-2016, 11:46 PM
Defense sucks but Sirmon is just the new scapegoat for the Mullen apologists. Wasn't long ago they were saying we needed to pull Fitz and put in D Williams. The HC is the problem, period. It would be nice to keep um out of some garbage bowl but I'm much more worried about us doing this same shit next year and wasting another year.

MarketingBully
11-19-2016, 11:47 PM
First off anyone who tries to say ''Mullen shouldnt be blamed he doesnt coach defense'' is dead ass wrong and should hang that up immediately. Today was the worst defensive performance in the history of MSU football. But then again this is the team that made UMass look like Texas Tech. Made Samford look like Oregon. There is no such thing as moral victories in year 8. Dont even bring it up.

All that said, OM is as bad as we are and we are going to score on them. Evan Engram just got hurt, wish him all the best but being real it helps us. Their WRs will still rape us and so will Shea. However their OL isnt as good as Arky's and neither are their RB's. If we will run the ball we can score and keep their offense on the sideline. It will be a challenge but we could score 35-40 on them. Can we hold them to 34

We just played the worst team in the SEC against the run and threw the ball way too much tonight. Do you think it even matters? Mullen will do whatever Mullen wants to do whether it is logical or not. He needs to be fired. There was no reason we shouldn't have scored every time as well against Arkansas's defense. Our playcalling got cute and we didn't take chances and we got down by 24 which was the difference in the game. It doesn't matter what a defense is bad at we will do what we do cause that is what Mullen does.

GTHOM
11-19-2016, 11:49 PM
We just played the worst team in the SEC against the run and threw the ball way too much tonight. Do you think it even matters? Mullen will do whatever Mullen wants to do whether it is logical or not. He needs to be fired. There was no reason we shouldn't have scored every time as well against Arkansas's defense. Our playcalling got cute and we didn't take chances and we got down by 24 which was the difference in the game. It doesn't matter what a defense is bad at we will do what we do cause that is what Mullen does.

Sadly, I agree with you 100 percent

MarketingBully
11-19-2016, 11:50 PM
We passed the ball 33 times tonight against a shitty rush defense. That is dumb as shit. Guess what running the ball also does? It eats clock and keeps their offense off the field. Man Mullen is a dumb stubborn coach. Les Miles looks at Mullen and says damn dude you're really stubborn.

GTHOM
11-19-2016, 11:52 PM
We passed the ball 33 times tonight against a shitty rush defense. That is dumb as shit. Guess what running the ball also does? It eats clock and keeps their offense off the field. Man Mullen is a dumb stubborn coach. Les Miles looks at Mullen and says damn dude you're really stubborn.

Hahaha Hes a better offensive coach than Les but yeah he invented football***. If we had balls he should be coaching for his job next week but he wont be. We could mess around and win the damn thing though thats what is so frustrating but beautiful because I know we all want to spank that ass

Really Clark?
11-19-2016, 11:56 PM
We ran the ball more than we threw it. Good grief we were down by 3-4 scores from 2 quarter on...we had to throw the ball a lot to help score quickly. And it was there. I swear, there is plenty to complain about but the run pass percentage, which was still higher for running, is pretty ridiculous considering how far down were by middle of the 2nd quarter

RezDog7
11-19-2016, 11:59 PM
We just scored 42 points and you guys are bitching about how many pass plays we called, wow.

MarketingBully
11-20-2016, 12:03 AM
We ran the ball more than we threw it. Good grief we were down by 3-4 scores from 2 quarter on...we had to throw the ball a lot to help score quickly. And it was there. I swear, there is plenty to complain about but the run pass percentage, which was still higher for running, is pretty ridiculous considering how far down were by middle of the 2nd quarter

We had fourth and a centimeter and didn't go for it and the game was tied. We punt it and three three and outs and a missed field goal later it's 38-14. At that time the game was over regardless.

Really Clark?
11-20-2016, 12:07 AM
We had fourth and a centimeter and didn't go for it and the game was tied. We punt it and three three and outs and a missed field goal later it's 38-14. At that time the game was over regardless.

And that has not one thing to do with the run pass percentage you are harping on. I could go either way with that call. If we went for it and didn't get it most would have complained about it and the play call. It wouldn't have matter what the play call was, many would have complained it was a bad call. No matter what. And it is the first half. It's usually a good assumption that your defense would have stopped the other team at least once or twice.

GTHOM
11-20-2016, 12:07 AM

The defense allowed 24 points in the 2nd quarter

MarketingBully
11-20-2016, 12:09 AM
The point was very simple. When a freaking team has a rush defense ranked in the 100s, you have a run oriented offense against them. We were passing way too much anyway to start the game. Our defense sucks badly but everyone knew that. The only way we even had a chance in this game was running the football and our gameplan looked like we were trying to pass and run against this team which in my opinion is not smart. Hell, the announcer talked to Dan before the game and said when we rushed for more then 250 yards this year we were 4-1. Seemed like he didn't get the hint.

MarketingBully
11-20-2016, 12:10 AM
The defense allowed 24 points in the 2nd quarter

Yep on three three and outs by our offense. Both defenses were putrid.

GTHOM
11-20-2016, 12:11 AM
The point was very simple. When a freaking team has a rush defense ranked in the 100s, you have a run oriented offense against them. We were passing way too much anyway to start the game. Our defense sucks badly but everyone knew that. The only way we even had a chance in this game was running the football and our gameplan looked like we were trying to pass and run against this team which in my opinion is not smart. Hell, the announcer talked to Dan before the game and said when we rushed for more then 250 yards this year we were 4-1. Seemed like he didn't get the hint.

I see your point but you have to throw it some even when you are running it well. You cant let them put 8 in the box and get target practice on your RB

MarketingBully
11-20-2016, 12:15 AM
I see your point but you have to throw it some even when you are running it well. You cant let them put 8 in the box and get target practice on your RB

They never got to that point though. They never had eight men in the box. How many early balls sailed on Fitz when we could have run the ball and kept moving the ball down the field. Like I said. If you know your defense sucks like we do, why not go with a more run oriented attack. Mullen puzzles the hell out of me the way he coaches.

Really Clark?
11-20-2016, 12:18 AM

And on 3rd and 3 down 31-14 we ran it and got stuffed after running 4 of 6 plays. We also ran it more than we threw it through our first 5 or 6 possessions.

MarketingBully
11-20-2016, 12:21 AM
And that has not one thing to do with the run pass percentage you are harping on. I could go either way with that call. If we went for it and didn't get it most would have complained about it and the play call. It wouldn't have matter what the play call was, many would have complained it was a bad call. No matter what. And it is the first half. It's usually a good assumption that your defense would have stopped the other team at least once or twice.

We had not come close to stopping them to that point. Our "stop" was a missed short field goal.

GTHOM
11-20-2016, 12:22 AM
They never got to that point though. They never had eight men in the box. How many early balls sailed on Fitz when we could have run the ball and kept moving the ball down the field. Like I said. If you know your defense sucks like we do, why not go with a more run oriented attack. Mullen puzzles the hell out of me the way he coaches.

Either way it goes, when your offense scores 42 and you lose by 16 it aint the offense's fault. Its all the teams fault. Thats why this is best game in the world

MarketingBully
11-20-2016, 12:24 AM
And on 3rd and 3 down 31-14 we ran it and got stuffed after running 4 of 6 plays. We also ran it more than we threw it through our first 5 or 6 possessions.

That was after the punting on fourth and a centimeter. But I digress, we spent some of those early drives without our best running back Aeris Williams in there. The drive in question we had Shumpert in so what am I thinking. We can't even put our best personell in the game in crucial situations so I guess it doesn't matter about run/pass percentage.

BayouDawg
11-20-2016, 12:27 AM
I knew it was going to be a long night when on our first offensive play of the game against the worst rush defense in the conference we come out in a 5 wide set. Mullen gonna Mullen

Really Clark?
11-20-2016, 12:30 AM
We had not come close to stopping them to that point. Our "stop" was a missed short field goal.

And nobody would have guessed, including you, that their offense wouldn't have been stopped the whole game. I also know that if we went for it and didn't get and they scored off of that the talking point on that call would be completely flipped. If we were at our own 26 and only down 7. They got a FG off of the punt.

Really Clark?
11-20-2016, 12:32 AM
That was after the punting on fourth and a centimeter. But I digress, we spent some of those early drives without our best running back Aeris Williams in there. The drive in question we had Shumpert in so what am I thinking. We can't even put our best personell in the game in crucial situations so I guess it doesn't matter about run/pass percentage.

No. It was 21-14 when we didn't go for it on that 4th down

BayouDawg
11-20-2016, 12:35 AM
Bottom line is there is a culture problem. I don't know what caused it, but it seemed to start last year. We are so freaking soft. We look like a damn WAC team.

GTHOM
11-20-2016, 12:37 AM
Bottom line is there is a culture problem. I don't know what caused it, but it seemed to start last. We are so freaking soft. We look like a damn WAC team.

Fitz has earned the teams respect, especially the offense. He is a warrior. I have nothing but good things to say about the kid. He is going to make mistakes and he is going to miss a few throws but he plays his ass off and makes plays as well. Our defense however plays with no pride and no heart.

BayouDawg
11-20-2016, 12:41 AM
Fitz has earned the teams respect, especially the offense. He is a warrior. I have nothing but good things to say about the kid. He is going to make mistakes and he is going to miss a few throws but he plays his ass off and makes plays as well. Our defense however plays with no pride and no heart.
That's what is so frustrating. Fitz is having a very nice year and it's gonna be completely wasted. Imagine if this team had the same nastiness as the 2010 team. Fitz is built perfectly to run that offense.

GTHOM
11-20-2016, 12:56 AM
That's what is so frustrating. Fitz is having a very nice year and it's gonna be completely wasted. Imagine if this team had the same nastiness as the 2010 team. Fitz is built perfectly to run that offense.

The only player on Ole Miss d that is athletic as him is Marquis Haynes. The rest are outmanned

BayouDawg
11-20-2016, 01:00 AM
The only player on Ole Miss d that is athletic as him is Marquis Haynes. The rest are outmanned

Yes. If we'll let Fitz and AW eat next Saturday we have a great shot. But you know Mullen gonna Mullen. We'll see 5 wide sets and Shump way too many times.

TimberBeast
11-20-2016, 01:26 AM

And Fitz was the first guy Mullen gave up on two drives in, first game of the season. Are we still wondering who the problem is here?

PassInterference
11-20-2016, 01:39 AM

This. We were in a track meet.

We scored 42 points and lost. I'd say it mattered a lot what the D did.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
11-20-2016, 12:11 PM
Either way it goes, when your offense scores 42 and you lose by 16 it aint the offense's fault. Its all the teams fault. Thats why this is best game in the world

To bad they don't play as a team at all. The offense is the only reason we won games. If we don't put up nearly 50 we dont beat umass or Samford. It's the entire coaching staff was just bad. The preparation from week to week was by far the worst under Mullen. Mullen has said several times that the team wasn't coached up enough this season. Not where you want to be in your 9th season

NCDawg
11-20-2016, 12:24 PM

I agree our defense plays with no pride and no heart, but I also think they aren't good enough to compete with the better offenses. They are slow and not very strong. I don't recall seeing us sacking a QB on a blitz all season. We try, but aren't fast enough or strong enough to get to him.