PDA

View Full Version : Fitz is better than dak

confucius say
11-19-2016, 10:56 PM
As a sophomore. 330 passing and 130 rushing tonight, and 6 td. Fantastic night that shouldn't be overlooked. Too bad defense is all time bad and is the story instead of fitz.

dawgday166
11-19-2016, 10:58 PM
He has a lot of upside for sure. Still has a ways to go on some things but he could be very, very good.

defiantdog
11-19-2016, 10:59 PM
arkansas' defensive is the second worst in the SEC

I seen it dawg
11-19-2016, 11:00 PM
We are ok at qb

BurgDawg
11-19-2016, 11:00 PM
He has zero leadership skills

chef dixon
11-19-2016, 11:01 PM
You are blind.

BeardoMSU
11-19-2016, 11:02 PM
We are ok at qb

This. Fitz played great tonight, and has put together a respectable season. It's bean good to see him progress.

As nice as that has been, it has been equally depressing watching our Defense continually take dicks down to the hilt every Saturday. I'm not sure what can be done there....

gravedigger
11-19-2016, 11:04 PM

Agreed

preachermatt83
11-19-2016, 11:05 PM

Lol!!

moss818
11-19-2016, 11:07 PM
Fitz is a great runner. Still needs improvement on reads. He is not close to Dak at this point. But he is solid as a sophomore.

IMissJack
11-19-2016, 11:09 PM

Apparently there are none in the whole football complex.

Sacrifice
11-19-2016, 11:11 PM
Fitz will be one of the top QBs in the country by his senior year. He has all the tools

TaleofTwoDogs
11-19-2016, 11:13 PM
Screw leadership. It nice to have but what we need is more SEC quality athletes. You get the players and the leadership will be there. Winning solves a shit load of problems.

BeardoMSU
11-19-2016, 11:13 PM

Shit...

gravedigger
11-19-2016, 11:14 PM
You are blind.

No he's not. You are confusing heart and leadership. The kid has more heart than most. . He cannot lead. Leadership is poise. Leadership is vision that is conveyed. Leadership is growth.

Fitz is 110 mph effort and i admire him for it. He is 0 mph poise. He is 0 mph vision. And he is a one trick pony.

A more apt comparison is Tebow.

Our qb is sitting on the bench.

Our defensive coordinator is at another school. Our head coach is stealing just shy of 4 mil from us.

Mullen doesnt want to be here. He hired someone to help him with that.

trob115
11-19-2016, 11:17 PM
Fitz actually showed great improvements tonight with some touch passes. Of course he still has some things to improve on, but he's way ahead of Dak at this time in their careers.

confucius say
11-19-2016, 11:20 PM
No he's not. You are confusing heart and leadership. The kid has more heart than most. . He cannot lead. Leadership is poise. Leadership is vision that is conveyed. Leadership is growth.

Fitz is 110 mph effort and i admire him for it. He is 0 mph poise. He is 0 mph vision. And he is a one trick pony.

Our defensive coordinator is at another school. Our head coach is stealing just shy of 4 mil from us.

You forgot these ***
Who is our qb that is sitting on the bench?

BeardoMSU
11-19-2016, 11:22 PM

He's also a sophomore who has been getting better with every game....

Truth is, there wasn't a life form on this planet that was going to step in and fill the leadership void that was previous occupied by the one and only Dak Prescott. We were spoiled in that regard. I've been critical of Fitz, but he still shows me that he's got a very high ceiling.

confucius say
11-19-2016, 11:23 PM
arkansas' defensive is the second worst in the SEC

Yea they suck for sure. Fitz is still ahead of dak at this point in touch, vision, and progressing through reads. And is a better runner

dawgday166
11-19-2016, 11:23 PM

What make you think he doesn't have either of these?

MaroonFlounder
11-20-2016, 12:27 AM
Fitz has multiple TDs where he carried 5 defenders into the end zone, and the dive over the goal line at BYU.

If I was a teammate, no questioning leadership. It would be on me to play my ass off as well.

yjnkdawg
11-20-2016, 01:28 AM
Fitz is a great runner. Still needs improvement on reads. He is not close to Dak at this point. But he is solid as a sophomore.

So the way you are stating this is that he is not as good as Dak was when Dak was a senior, but Fitz is solid as a sophomore?

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2016, 01:31 AM

Wtf?

We scored 42 points tonight. What do you want Fitz to do?

Please explain what leadership skills, with examples, you'd like to see?

Is he supposed to play defense as well?

Dallas_Dawg
11-20-2016, 02:02 AM
At sucking dick

RougeDawg
11-20-2016, 02:03 AM
Yea they suck for sure. Fitz is still ahead of dak at this point in touch, vision, and progressing through reads. And is a better runner

You sir, are correct. Fitz will be quite alright if he keeps progressing. He has the skill set. He just has to progress mentally. QB isn't something we should be worried about for 6-8 years.

Can't say the same for the rest of the team.

Leroy Jenkins
11-20-2016, 02:28 AM
Fitz is Bill Brasky.

1. “He taught me how to love a woman — and how to scold a child.”

2. “Did I ever tell you about the time I went horseback riding with Brasky, but there weren’t any horses around? Well, Brasky throws a saddle on my back and rides me around Wyoming for three days. Well, wouldn’t you know it, my stamina increases with each day and I develop tremendous leg muscles. So anyway, Brasky decides to enter me in the Breeders’ Cup, right, under the name Turkish Delight. And I’m running in second place, and I’m running and I break my ankle! They’re about to shoot me. Then someone from the crowd yells out, God bless him, ‘Don’t shoot him, he’s a human.'”

3. “He hated Mexicans! And he was half-Mexican! And he hated irony!”

4. “Did I ever tell you about the time Brasky took me out to go get a drink with him? We go off looking for a bar and we can’t find one. Finally, Brasky takes me into a vacant lot and says, ‘Here we are.’ Well, we sat there for a year and a half. Sure enough, someone constructed a bar around us. Well, the day they opened it, we ordered a shot, drank it, and then burnt the place to the ground. Brasky yelled over the roar of the flames, ‘Always leave things the way you found them!'”

5. “He wears a live rattlesnake as a condom.”

6. “I went camping with Brasky … I’m in the back of a pickup with Bill Brasky and a live deer. Well, Brasky, he grabs the deer by the antlers, looks at it and says, ‘I’m Bill Brasky! Say it!’ Then he squeezes the deer in such a way that a sound comes out of its mouth — “Billbrasky!” It wasn’t exactly it, but it was pretty good for a deer.”

7. “I once saw him scissor-kick Angela Lansbury.”

8. “Did I ever tell you about the time Bill Brasky showed up at my daughter’s wedding? You know my daughter, she’s a beautiful girl. Well, Brasky shows up and you know he’s a big fella. Well, he’s standing right between me and my daughter at the ceremony. He’s got no right to be there, but he’s drunk and he’s Brasky. Well, long story short, the priest accidentally marries me and Brasky. We spend the weekend in the Poconos — he loved me like I’ve never been loved before.”

9. “He once punched a hole in a cow just so he could see who was coming up the road.”

10. “Did I ever tell you about the time Brasky was in a production of ‘The King and I’? On opening night, Brasky chloroformed the entire cast and slowly eats them in front of the audience for two hours. The production got pretty good reviews.”

11. “Brasky got his wife pregnant and she gave birth to a delicious 16-ounce steak. The afterbirth was sauteed mushrooms.”

12. “I remember one time Brasky took his family to Sea World. They were watching Shamu the whale when Brasky got splashed. So Brasky yells, ‘I’m Bill Brasky and no one gets me wet!’ So he climbs into the tank, grabs Shamu, and throws the whale into the audience, splashes him and yells, ‘How do you like it?’ And then damn if Brasky didn’t step in there and finish the show.”

13. “Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.”

Dawgsfanalongtime77
11-20-2016, 03:54 AM
Fitz is a better runner than dak but his passing game will take a ton of work. He has no touch. Throws a bullet pass at 30 yards or 3 yards. Fitz can be real great but not too sure Mullen will be here to develop him. Tonight's game really did it for people to maybe see a complete change may be needed

UMCDawg16
11-20-2016, 05:35 AM
Fitz is a better runner than dak but his passing game will take a ton of work. He has no touch. Throws a bullet pass at 30 yards or 3 yards. Fitz can be real great but not too sure Mullen will be here to develop him. Tonight's game really did it for people to maybe see a complete change may be needed

Good lord. You must either be blind or just learning the game of football.

TNDawg35
11-20-2016, 06:56 AM
One of these is Fitz... The other is a QB who is in the Heisman race and will be playing for a National Champ. You tell me which is which.... Oh did i mention one has an ELITE Defense and 1 has a defense who couldn't stop the Little Giants....

NAME CMP ATT YDS CMPY DS/A TD INT RAT
***** 182 281 2168 64.8 7.72 19 7 146.9
175 318 2178 55.0 6.85 14 10 125.0

NAME CAR YDS AVG LONG TD
142 803 5.7 60 11
163 983 6.0 74 12

TNDawg35
11-20-2016, 07:02 AM

I have watched or been to every game this yr. I thought his passing has gotten alot better.. Especially on the deep ball. He still over throws sometimes, but he has gotten more touch as the year has gone on.. Hell no telling what his passing stats would be have it not been for Ross and company dropping every other damn ball...

drunkernhelldawg
11-20-2016, 07:43 AM
I just don't see any "lack" of leadership from Fitz. He does a decent job of spreading touches around. I would like to see him get other players in the endzone more often, especially the rb's.

The other silliest post on this board is the one saying Fitz is ahead of where Dak was at this point. Not seeing where that comes from or why the comparison is even made. Fitz is seeing the field a lot better than he was early in the season. It's just that when you're in a shootout, you can't leave the field without scoring or you lose the game.

Cooterpoot
11-20-2016, 08:09 AM
1. The ONLY way Dan Mullen leaves State this year is if HE wants to leave. He's not getting fired. You guys can back off that shit.
2. Fitz has better physical tools than Dak. Better arm and better runner. He has a lot to figure out throwing the ball still but he's improved a lot this year. Dak did the same stuff his sophomore year.
3. Dak is special from a leadership skill point. You just aren't going to find anyone like him.
4. Fitz will break almost all of Daks records if Mullen stays barring injury.

confucius say
11-20-2016, 08:42 AM
I just don't see any "lack" of leadership from Fitz. He does a decent job of spreading touches around. I would like to see him get other players in the endzone more often, especially the rb's.

The other silliest post on this board is the one saying Fitz is ahead of where Dak was at this point. Not seeing where that comes from or why the comparison is even made. Fitz is seeing the field a lot better than he was early in the season. It's just that when you're in a shootout, you can't leave the field without scoring or you lose the game.

You think dak was better as a sophomore than fitz is now? No way.

confucius say
11-20-2016, 08:44 AM

No touch? He still has room to grow for sure, but he dropped five deep balls in our wr laps last night. He can throw with touch.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
11-20-2016, 11:11 AM
What make you think he doesn't have either of these?

Just my opinion, fitz leads by more action than words which is fine. Dak just was always able to slow things down. Whatever the case the team isn't a unit by any stretch. We had some guys back on defense but nobody took charge. Yes having talent is key but a team without leadership won't succeed.

msstate7
11-20-2016, 11:14 AM
At sucking dick

Good grief