PDA

View Full Version : Bottom line.....

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2016, 10:54 PM
The offense never quit. The defense never showed up. I'm going to go contrarian this I'm sure but I'm not sure the DC needs to go. We have had 4 in 4 years. It seems to me that tonight is the invetible result of that. Let's try one more year to see if a little continuity would change things. The defense has certainly got worse every year with the revolving door. My only qualification there might be is if we could get Coach O for that spot.

defiantdog
11-19-2016, 11:28 PM
The offense never quit. The defense never showed up. I'm going to go contrarian this I'm sure but I'm not sure the DC needs to go. We have had 4 in 4 years. It seems to me that tonight is the invetible result of that. Let's try one more year to see if a little continuity would change things. The defense has certainly got worse every year with the revolving door. My only qualification there might be is if we could get Coach O for that spot.

Has Coach O ever been a DC? I don't know the hype behind getting coach O other than his recruiting ability.

HoopsDawg
11-19-2016, 11:30 PM

There's a difference between going contrarian and going stupid.

Really Clark?
11-19-2016, 11:32 PM
Has Coach O ever been a DC? I don't know the hype behind getting coach O other than his recruiting ability.

Never and has been passed over a lot. That's all most are considering. He can recruit.

Coursesuper
11-19-2016, 11:33 PM
[QUOTE=Liverpooldawg;653780]The offense never quit. The defense never showed up. I'm going to go contrarian this I'm sure but I'm not sure the DC needs to go. We have had 4 in 4 years. It seems to me that tonight is the invetible result of that. Let's try one more year to see if a little continuity would change things. The defense has certainly got worse every year with the revolving door. My only qualification there might be is if we could get Coach O for that spot.[/QUOTE

Nope, let the next head guy hire O as d line coach and recruiting coordinator.

HoopsDawg
11-19-2016, 11:34 PM
Forget the O shit. Leavitt or someone like him is who we need to target. Need someone proven, we can't roll the dice again.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2016, 11:37 PM
There's a difference between going contrarian and going stupid.

Maybe so, there is certainly an arguement for letting the DC go. It's just that we have had 4 in 4 years. Unless we pony up the money and make a home run hire what makes you think the defense won't get even WORSE with yet another year trying to install yet ANOTHER guys terminology, style, and scheme? That is a serious question.

Tbonewannabe
11-19-2016, 11:40 PM
It all depends if Sirmon can work in Dan's guide lines. It is pretty obvious that Dan doesn't let the DC have full control. We always run the same bend don't break defense no matter the DC. Manny seemed to be able to work within the restrictions Dan sets but if Sirmon can't then he needs to leave. The chance of Dan letting him run his own defense is probably pretty small. No established DC is going to come work for him because of it. That is why we roll the dice but as soon as they get experience they bolt.

Liverpooldawg
11-20-2016, 12:17 AM
We whine and complain but if you look at the REAL difference in what we do from the rest of the West, we don't pay our assistants enough. I understand that has been a bone of contention internally. Let's quit spending millions for the freaking golf team and other non-rev sports and pay the dang football assistants.

Todd4State
11-20-2016, 03:01 AM
We whine and complain but if you look at the REAL difference in what we do from the rest of the West, we don't pay our assistants enough. I understand that has been a bone of contention internally. Let's quit spending millions for the freaking golf team and other non-rev sports and pay the dang football assistants.

Yeah. Like Dan would fire the country club boys and not mess with the defense if we paid our assistants more.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
11-20-2016, 03:46 AM
Sirmon will take a lot of blame but Mullen is the one who hired the guy with zero experience. Mullen even quoted tonight that he is involved in all plans defensively. Would really make sense why we have had so many D.C. Changes under Mullen. He won't let them do their job entirely.

Liverpooldawg
11-20-2016, 03:47 AM
Yeah. Like Dan would fire the country club boys and not mess with the defense if we paid our assistants more.

I'm beginning to understand your internet nickname elsewhere, It fits.