PDA

View Full Version : I feel like Mullen will be coaching for his job next Saturday

Dawgology
11-19-2016, 10:46 PM
That is all.

IMissJack
11-19-2016, 10:49 PM
This game was as important in my mind. Many recruits were there tonight, needed this game to set up bowl if win at OM, Sr. night, etc.

defiantdog
11-19-2016, 10:51 PM
he's only leaving on his own accord

TimberBeast
11-19-2016, 10:53 PM
That is all.

I don't think we are that lucky, but we can hope.

preachermatt83
11-19-2016, 10:55 PM
That is all.

You feel wrong

Statecoachingblows**
11-19-2016, 10:56 PM
At 4 million plus he should feel that way every week

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2016, 10:56 PM
We aren't going to fire Mullen this year.

I seen it dawg
11-19-2016, 11:07 PM
Hope he packs his ****** office tonite. Get the **** out

BayouDawg
11-19-2016, 11:09 PM
Hope he packs his ****** office tonite. Get the **** out
I'll drive the damn Uhaul!

GTHOM
11-19-2016, 11:45 PM
We dont want to pay the buyout.

TimberBeast
11-19-2016, 11:48 PM

So next year is basically a sacrificial year?

GTHOM
11-19-2016, 11:50 PM

Yep

BayouDawg
11-19-2016, 11:50 PM

And I don't want to pay my mortgage.

EngDawg
11-19-2016, 11:51 PM
We shouldn't fire Mullen or even encourage him to leave this year. That would be UM Cutcliffe stupid. Give him a year or two and let him either right the ship, or fail to were nobody can say we weren't fair.

GTHOM
11-19-2016, 11:53 PM
We shouldn't fire Mullen or even encourage him to leave this year. That would be UM Cutcliffe stupid. Give him a year or two and let him either right the ship, or fail to were nobody can say we weren't fair.

So basically be CDM's little bitch and continue to pay him a top 15 national salary for a bottom 15 product. Makes sense

BayouDawg
11-19-2016, 11:56 PM

The cutcliffe situation and the Mullen situation are not even close to apples to apples. Ole miss was always going to force Cut out once Eli was gone. That was the only reason he was hired in the first place. Mullen has mailed it in. I don't see how expecting him to give a shit is being "unfair".

MarketingBully
11-19-2016, 11:58 PM

So blow up our program....bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off.

Dolphus Raymond
11-19-2016, 11:58 PM
We can win. If we can put some pressure on Patterson and hit him a couple times, we should win. Plus, it looked like Ingram pulled a hamstring. Hate it for him but don't want to play against him.

BayouDawg
11-20-2016, 12:00 AM
We can win. If we can put some pressure on Patterson and hit him a couple times, we should win. Plus, it looked like Ingram pulled a hamstring. Hate it for him but don't want to play against him.

They could send Engram out there on a rascal scooter and he'd still be wide ass open against our "defenders" for lack of a better term.

Coursesuper
11-20-2016, 12:02 AM

He only gets one more shot at it. That is if he doesn't go elsewhere before that.

civildawg
11-20-2016, 12:04 AM
We have the money for the buyout. I think it starts to become who can we get with paying another 3 mill or so for the other coach's buyout

BayouDawg
11-20-2016, 12:08 AM
We have the money for the buyout. I think it starts to become who can we get with paying another 3 mill or so for the other coach's buyout

We could axe him to resign***

GTHOM
11-20-2016, 12:09 AM

We wont do it. You know it

Backspin
11-20-2016, 12:13 AM

And you know this? You have your fingers on the purse strings? The program with the smallest budget in the SEC? You have no idea what we have money for...and we've raised 60% of the $20 million needed to start the new Dude...idiots on this board..

BayouDawg
11-20-2016, 12:14 AM
We wont do it. You know it
Nope we won't. Hell I'd be surprised if we let him go after next year. Everybody knows it's the MSU way to give a coach atleast 3 shitastic seasons and completely tank the program before you make a change.

civildawg
11-20-2016, 12:16 AM
If you don't think we have a rainy day fund for a coach's buyout then you're the idiot

EngDawg
11-20-2016, 12:17 AM
The cutcliffe situation and the Mullen situation are not even close to apples to apples. Ole miss was always going to force Cut out once Eli was gone. That was the only reason he was hired in the first place. Mullen has mailed it in. I don't see how expecting him to give a shit is being "unfair".

So basically be CDM's little bitch and continue to pay him a top 15 national salary for a bottom 15 product. Makes sense

Look, outside of our fanbase, we're seen as a team who base numer of wins is around 3 or 4. What people see with CDM is that he has consistently over performed at MSU. They don't look at the lack of Championships that we believe we should have won, or how many time Holloway runs up the middle, or how many job search rumors start up at the end of each season. All they see is a coach that has won at a school generally thought of as the dumpster fire of the SEC West. If you fire CDM now, you will get a Rick Ray type coach to follow.

As far as the Cutcliffe situation. It didn't matter if UM was always going to run him off or not. The rest of the world saw a winning coach fired a tradionally dumpster fire school, and UM got stuck with Ed O before he was ready for the big time.

GTHOM
11-20-2016, 12:19 AM
If you don't think we have a rainy day fund for a coach's buyout then you're the idiot

I didnt say we didnt have it, I said we didnt want to do it, and we wont do it. We dont have the balls. Maybe Cohen changes that. But I dont think he will because he wasnt fired after the 2015 disaster season he had. He wont make a major firing/hiring in his first months on the job

BayouDawg
11-20-2016, 12:21 AM
Look, outside of our fanbase, we're seen as a team who base numer of wins is around 3 or 4. What people see with CDM is that he has consistently over performed at MSU. They don't look at the lack of Championships that we believe we should have won, or how many time Holloway runs up the middle, or how many job search rumors start up at the end of each season. All they see is a coach that has won at a school generally thought of as the dumpster fire of the SEC West. If you fire CDM now, you will get a Rick Ray type coach to follow.

As far as the Cutcliffe situation. It didn't matter if UM was always going to run him off or not. The rest of the world saw a winning coach fired a tradionally dumpster fire school, and UM got stuck with Ed O before he was ready for the big time.

I see what you're saying but you can't let other people define you. Especially not the damn media. We could just as easily say yea we went to 6 straight bowl games with this ass clown that can't recruit so imagine what we could do with a competent driven coach.

civildawg
11-20-2016, 12:21 AM
I was talking to backspin, I may have reply failed. I agree we won't do it and I don't know if we really need to do it this year but that's not my job to figure out

yjnkdawg
11-20-2016, 12:40 AM

Agree. Cutcliffe was a coach who wanted to recruit the right way, but he was not the type of coach OM wanted (other than to get Eli). He didn't go for the Network way of recruiting, which OM had been doing since Johnny Vaught, but just on a smaller scale back then.

Todd4State
11-20-2016, 03:12 AM

When did Cutcliffe lose to South Alabama? Allow over 40 points to Samford? Ole Moss ended up with Coach
O because everyone knew that they were going rogue and most coaches don't want to deal with that.

You are aware that the guy that hired Rick Ray is in Florida correct? I can name only one bad hire Cohen has made in baseball.

And don't get me started on the media who basically takes pot shots at us when we win SEC championships. Yeah we should care what they say because they obviously have our best interests at heart.

Reason2succeed
11-20-2016, 03:57 AM
Y'all are crazy on firing Mullen. News flash on coaches interviewing for jobs: IT'S A BUSINESS! If you don't want him interviewing then put it in the contract. If Saban can shop himself on Alabama to Texas, Lane Kiffin can shop himself to USC on Tennessee, and Jimbo shop himself to LSU on Florida State who in the heck do you think MSU is to keep our most successful coach ever from looking around?

This is literally Mullen's first and only bad season. The next closest was when he lost Tyler Russell in game one which would sink most programs. This year we lost BOTH starting corners.

PUMP THE BRAKES!!! You're overly emotional. All we need is to recruit/develop a better secondary and our team will be fine next year. Mullen has finally realized that Aeris Williams is the guy and he need to run the ball. Fitz is finally throwing the ball consistently to players wearing maroon and I'm sure that Mullen will have him work on short touch passes and accuracy all summer. Step away from the ledge. Our program is not sunk.

Yes, he could and should replace Hev but tell the truth the OL was not the reason we lost tonight. It's going to be all right. I wish we were better this year too. But OM is about to get the death penalty and it will make us all feel so much better.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
11-20-2016, 04:55 AM
Sirmon will take a lot of the blame for the defense. But I can't fully blame a guy with zero experience coming into the season. Mullen hired him for the simple fact that nobody else more qualified wanted it. You mean to tell me there wasn't someone,anywhere in any conference with a background,wouldn't want the position The D.C. Has been nothing but a revolving door in 9 years. Mullen doesn't let the assistants do their jobs like they want. It's so obvious

HSVDawg
11-20-2016, 10:27 AM

Not to mention Cutcliffe wasn't making $4.3 million per year, or anything close to whatever an equivalent number was in 2004.

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2016, 10:43 AM
Y'all are crazy on firing Mullen. News flash on coaches interviewing for jobs: IT'S A BUSINESS! If you don't want him interviewing then put it in the contract. If Saban can shop himself on Alabama to Texas, Lane Kiffin can shop himself to USC on Tennessee, and Jimbo shop himself to LSU on Florida State who in the heck do you think MSU is to keep our most successful coach ever from looking around?

This is literally Mullen's first and only bad season. The next closest was when he lost Tyler Russell in game one which would sink most programs. This year we lost BOTH starting corners.

PUMP THE BRAKES!!! You're overly emotional. All we need is to recruit/develop a better secondary and our team will be fine next year. Mullen has finally realized that Aeris Williams is the guy and he need to run the ball. Fitz is finally throwing the ball consistently to players wearing maroon and I'm sure that Mullen will have him work on short touch passes and accuracy all summer. Step away from the ledge. Our program is not sunk.

Yes, he could and should replace Hev but tell the truth the OL was not the reason we lost tonight. It's going to be all right. I wish we were better this year too. But OM is about to get the death penalty and it will make us all feel so much better.

This

For a 4 win team, we are actually a pretty quick fix in getting back to 8+ wins. We are like the Colts or Packers. We have the QB and system. Just have clean somethings up. Not the end of the world especially for what was known to be a tradition year.

Op4isabitch
11-20-2016, 10:48 AM
I don't want Mullen fired anymore, our offense actually looks pretty good now.

However if I'm Cohen I'm telling Dan, you go out and get a proven DC (and give him the money to do it) and let HIM do his darned job. Stop telling the DC how to run his players.

EngDawg
11-20-2016, 10:49 AM
When did Cutcliffe lose to South Alabama? Allow over 40 points to Samford? Ole Moss ended up with Coach
O because everyone knew that they were going rogue and most coaches don't want to deal with that.

You are aware that the guy that hired Rick Ray is in Florida correct? I can name only one bad hire Cohen has made in baseball.

And don't get me started on the media who basically takes pot shots at us when we win SEC championships. Yeah we should care what they say because they obviously have our best interests at heart.

It doesn't matter about the quality of Cuttcliffe's losses vs the quality of Mullen's losses, what matters more is the quality and quantity of their respective successes, and the quantity of their respective failures.

Do you seriously still believe that we hired RR because we wanted him. I've heard he was our 8th offer and a desperation hire. But I digress.

I'm with you, 17 the media. I'm more concerned about our reputation in coaching circles.

Todd4State
11-20-2016, 11:17 AM
It doesn't matter about the quality of Cuttcliffe's losses vs the quality of Mullen's losses, what matters more is the quality and quantity of their respective successes, and the quantity of their respective failures.

Do you seriously still believe that we hired RR because we wanted him. I've heard he was our 8th offer and a desperation hire. But I digress.

I'm with you, 17 the media. I'm more concerned about our reputation in coaching circles.

From what I heard we hired Ray because Scott undercut our cigar boys. Kind of weird that we were able to hire Howland for the same position after thee awful seasons of Ray right?

And on that point despite Ray we now have s great basketball coach. Despite Coach O Ole Miss had 10 win seasons with Nutt and Freeze. I don't see is making much progress with Dan and even a bad hire for three years likely gets us closer to the next good one. In the past we've had interest from Steve Spurrier and Jimbo Fisher even though we were in much worse shape than now. Let Dan go.

And one thing about the media you probably haven't thought about is the reason they have the expectations for us that they do is because we tend to put up with more shit like what we've gone through this season. Most schools in the SEC don't put up with losing to South Alabama, Kentucky, giving up tons of yards to UMass and Samford and 50+ points to Alabama and Arkansas. We do. Because of fans like you who don't demand better.

blacklistedbully
11-20-2016, 12:49 PM
From what I heard we hired Ray because Scott undercut our cigar boys. Kind of weird that we were able to hire Howland for the same position after thee awful seasons of Ray right?

And on that point despite Ray we now have s great basketball coach. Despite Coach O Ole Miss had 10 win seasons with Nutt and Freeze. I don't see is making much progress with Dan and even a bad hire for three years likely gets us closer to the next good one. In the past we've had interest from Steve Spurrier and Jimbo Fisher even though we were in much worse shape than now. Let Dan go.

And one thing about the media you probably haven't thought about is the reason they have the expectations for us that they do is because we tend to put up with more shit like what we've gone through this season. Most schools in the SEC don't put up with losing to South Alabama, Kentucky, giving up tons of yards to UMass and Samford and 50+ points to Alabama and Arkansas. We do. Because of fans like you who don't demand better.

Yep. it's not the multiple close losses....its the way we have played, even against shitty teams.

lamont
11-20-2016, 02:53 PM
This

For a 4 win team, we are actually a pretty quick fix in getting back to 8+ wins. We are like the Colts or Packers. We have the QB and system. Just have clean somethings up. Not the end of the world especially for what was known to be a tradition year.

We're not going to win 8 next year with a new OL and losing half of our 2 deep on the DL

Bama and LSU at home- thats 2 losses.
@Georgia, @Auburn, @UPig, @A&M makes for a tough road schedule
Kentucky has recruited well upfront and will get nothing but better on the OL- they wont be a gimme anymore
OM at home is no guarantee either
BYU and @La Tech wont be easy wins either for our team in 2017

maroonmania
11-20-2016, 04:12 PM

We should force him to get rid of his DC! Oh wait, he does that every year anyway.

maroonmania
11-20-2016, 04:15 PM

Exactly, at this point next year is just another year to not extend Mullen's contract and see the buyout go down. It will be a wasted year but they will still expect all of us loyal fans to fork out even more for season tickets.

maroonmania
11-20-2016, 04:24 PM
Mullen hired him for the simple fact that nobody else more qualified wanted it. You mean to tell me there wasn't someone,anywhere in any conference with a background,wouldn't want the position The D.C. Has been nothing but a revolving door in 9 years. Mullen doesn't let the assistants do their jobs like they want. It's so obvious

There are all manner of DCs in the FBS that would love to have our job. Even if not in the Power 5 conferences at least in any of the other lesser conferences. Why Mullen went with a LB coach out of the PAC 12 with almost no experience as a DC is beyond me.

EngDawg
11-20-2016, 04:28 PM

Howland was a coup all the way around. Good timing, Addidas, Stans firring forgotten about. We got lucky.

We weren't supposed to make any progress after 2013 either. Dan was finished, Anybody would be better than him. Well...
Not saying he will pull off another 2014, but I think he has a better shot than some rookie.

The media do not wear maroon colored glasses. Our fans seem to have Alabama expectaions for some reason now.

And no I won't put up with consistent seasons like this one, but I don't think we need to be making knee jerk staffing decision because of one bad year.