PDA

View Full Version : I'd vote to keep Mullen, but he's quit on us.

Bamboo
11-19-2016, 10:42 PM
And the team obviously has quit on him.

He's been trying to get out for 2 years now. With his short timers mindset, he just doesn't seem to care.

The bad thing for him though, is what team would actually hire him?

TimberBeast
11-19-2016, 10:43 PM
So you say he's quit on us, but you want to keep him?

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2016, 11:02 PM

He's been trying to get out for 2 years now. With his short timers mindset, he just doesn't seem to care.

Yeah, the side of the ball he is most involved in sure quit. If only it had played like the other side*******

BeardoMSU
11-19-2016, 11:04 PM

Too bad Dan didn't have access to the xbox (or SNES, perhaps?) controllers that controlled our D players tonight**

I seen it dawg
11-19-2016, 11:12 PM
**** this whole ****ing program. The culture is ****ing shit. No one wants to win bad enough.

moss818
11-19-2016, 11:16 PM
I'm on the fence. Defense was suppose to be our strength this year and we give up 60 points and 600 yards?? Offense seems to move the ball well with a sun belt o-line and option QB. I'm just really fed up with Mullen shopping himself every damn offseason and not recruiting. That is what is actually killing us. If he can't commit to us and recruit his ass off then I say, bye. We need a coach that WANTS to be here and recruit like it. I'm tired of the drama. We need commitment!

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2016, 11:33 PM
**** this whole ****ing program. The culture is ****ing shit. No one wants to win bad enough.

"Wanting" to win is the most overused and useless cliche in sports. It's an excuse, nothing more. We got whipped up front by their offensive line, bad. We were physically manhandled by better players. Our defensive backfield is just not good enough to cover when there is no pressure. Our offense never quit and played well.

GTHOM
11-19-2016, 11:48 PM
"Wanting" to win is the most overused and useless cliche in sports. It's an excuse, nothing more. We got whipped up front by their offensive line, bad. We were physically manhandled by better players. Our defensive backfield is just not good enough to cover when there is no pressure. Our offense never quit and played well.

Liverpool, Mullen has his hands all over the defense. You can deny it if you wish but its the truth. Offensively we did play well, Fitz has an all time night and we lose by 16.

the59dawg
11-20-2016, 12:00 AM
Liverpool, Mullen has his hands all over the defense. You can deny it if you wish but its the truth. Offensively we did play well, Fitz has an all time night and we lose by 16.

And Fitz was wild ass high for the first half. Missed several deep throws.

GTHOM
11-20-2016, 12:08 AM

Nick Fitzgerald has more pride and heart than 95 percent of this team

msstate7
11-20-2016, 12:17 AM

You blame fitz... wow

BayouDawg
11-20-2016, 12:18 AM
It really makes you wonder what Dan was thinking not putting Fitz back in against USA. We definitely would have won and who knows how differently things might have been this season. Sometimes I wonder if Mullen is all there.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
11-20-2016, 04:14 AM

I agree 100%

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
11-20-2016, 08:52 AM

Yep that makes about as much since as danny boy postgame speeches doesn't it!! JEEZUZ some of our fans!!

oldwave
11-20-2016, 09:00 AM

Wow. 22-33 , 328 yards, no ints, 2td. .... if he had completed those other 10 passes...... football much?

Maroonthirteen
11-20-2016, 09:58 AM

Boom goes the dynamite.

Exactly. Also, in response to the general point of this thread, Mullen may have been looking around last year. However his recruiting this season, says he is all in for the future.

Liverpooldawg
11-20-2016, 10:11 AM

Maybe so. But scheme didn't have much to do with what happened last night, whoever was running it. We got steamrolled up front and our secondary isn't good enough to cover without quick pressure up front. When we did get pressure it was because we were bringing extra people, and not just the viper (I think that's what we call that spot). That led to more open receivers. We made decent adjustments to stop what they were doing on the ground but we had no answer to the pass. Sometimes physics just takes over.

Liverpooldawg
11-20-2016, 10:11 AM
It really makes you wonder what Dan was thinking not putting Fitz back in against USA. We definitely would have won and who knows how differently things might have been this season. Sometimes I wonder if Mullen is all there.

Fitz was a deer in the headlights in that game.

SheltonChoked
11-20-2016, 10:16 AM
We forced ark to punt 0 times. They scored every time they had the ball ( minus a dropped tx pass/ missed fg and a knee). You don't win games that like that. Ever.

This one is on the defense.

I seen it dawg
11-20-2016, 10:37 AM

Bullshit. These same muther****ers showed up to play against AM. This was not the same team or coaches last night. So somehow last night they didn't want to win as bad as they did vs AM. It's on Mullen.

thf24
11-20-2016, 10:52 AM
Maybe so. But scheme didn't have much to do with what happened last night, whoever was running it. We got steamrolled up front and our secondary isn't good enough to cover without quick pressure up front. When we did get pressure it was because we were bringing extra people, and not just the viper (I think that's what we call that spot). That led to more open receivers. We made decent adjustments to stop what they were doing on the ground but we had no answer to the pass. Sometimes physics just takes over.

I'll argue that it was scheme that killed us last night (3-4 requires more linebackers to take on first level blocks more often, linebackers couldn't get off those blocks, which led to them being able to do whatever they wanted in the run game), but it's not scheme that Mullen's always accused of meddling in. That would be philosophy, and he's been more flexible in that regard this year. His biggest mistake regarding defense this year is hiring a DC who tried to implement a scheme that's extremely difficult to execute effectively at the college level under the best of circumstances, when we didn't have nearly the necessary talent and personnel to implement it to the degree we did in year one.

Cooterpoot
11-20-2016, 11:08 AM
We played an ass load of man coverage last night compared to usual. We played our best safety at LB against a huge OL.
Our DC is a tard. Dan is letting the DC do what he wants for the most part. But Sirmon is brain dead.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
11-20-2016, 11:51 AM
We played an ass load of man coverage last night compared to usual. We played our best safety at LB against a huge OL.
Our DC is a tard. Dan is letting the DC do what he wants for the most part. But Sirmon is brain dead.

Mullen was the one that hired that tard. Doesn't matter what coverage you run when you can't tackle. I've seen more missed tackles that led to big plays nearly every time than I care to. That just comes down to physicality which we are lacking immensely

Bamboo
11-20-2016, 12:59 PM

I'm saying that the people who are saying fire Mullen may not be saying that because of his potential, more because he has made it abundantly clear that he wants to move on. IF he truly has a commitment to our University, then we should hang on to him due to his success in prior seasons.

I can't help but think that he is sticking with us only due to his lack of options. Recruits pick up on that and is one of the 3 primary reasons why we can't recruit.

He needs to publicly promote Starkville and MSU to prove how much loves it here. If the recruits are convinced, then it will help significantly.

BTW... Fitz is a beast. He has shown more heart than the rest of the team combined.

Cowboys time - Go Dak!!