PDA

View Full Version : So here's my list...

Tripp McNeely
11-19-2016, 10:31 PM
Since Mullen won't be fired this year, we need to pin this list...not necessarily in this order...

1. O
2. Jim Leavitt
3. Erik Chenander (UCF)

Quaoarsking
11-19-2016, 10:32 PM
Charlie Strong has worked with Dan Mullen before. Anyone know if they like each other?

HoopsDawg
11-19-2016, 11:05 PM
Since Mullen won't be fired this year, we need to pin this list...not necessarily in this order...

1. O
2. Jim Leavitt
3. Erik Chenander (UCF)

Leavitt only makes 500K at Colorado. Pay him a million and make him associate head coach. He's done an amazing job at Colorado as D-coordinator.

Tripp McNeely
11-19-2016, 11:09 PM
4. Charlie Strong
5. Tom Allen

I seen it dawg
11-19-2016, 11:09 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah to all this shit

Really Clark?
11-19-2016, 11:11 PM

1. O
2. Jim Leavitt
3. Erik Chenander (UCF)

Please explain how Oregeron is anybody's first choice. Let's fire a first time DC and hire a first time DC who has been passed over for decades. How is that a good idea? And if recruiting is the reason then we can see what that defense looks like this year. They have to be an X & O guy. Have to be

HSVDawg
11-19-2016, 11:21 PM
Please explain how Oregeron is anybody's first choice. Let's fire a first time DC and hire a first time DC who has been passed over for decades. How is that a good idea? And if recruiting is the reason then we can see what that defense looks like this year. They have to be an X & O guy. Have to be

I'll bite. I think no matter who we hire as DC, the ceiling next year is about 6 wins (which, in my opinion, isn't good enough for Mullen to come back in 2018). Remember that two of our home games next year are Bama and LSU and those are auto losses. So, might as well hire the best recruiter and also a guy who has looked good in interim coaching roles so we could have that inside track as an option for a Mullen replacement.

Will that be Mullen's approach to hiring a DC? Of course not. But I'm a fan and I can afford to be irrational. And for the reasons above, I'd be OK with it if it did happen.

Bodaski
11-19-2016, 11:23 PM

I don't care who we get if we change. My only wish is Mullen stays the hell out of the way and let the guy coach. I blame Mullen for the majority of this shit. Who has 6 damn DC's in 9 years unless there is a problem, and I'm telling you, it's Mullen. Sirmon is way too passive and appears to be a pleaser. We need someone that will be a tough SOB and tell Mullen to run the offense and keep his ass on that side of the ball.

Really Clark?
11-19-2016, 11:29 PM
I'll bite. I think no matter who we hire as DC, the ceiling next year is about 6 wins (which, in my opinion, isn't good enough for Mullen to come back in 2018). Remember that two of our home games next year are Bama and LSU and those are auto losses. So, might as well hire the best recruiter and also a guy who has looked good in interim coaching roles so we could have that inside track as an option for a Mullen replacement.

Will that be Mullen's approach to hiring a DC? Of course not. But I'm a fan and I can afford to be irrational. And for the reasons above, I'd be OK with it if it did happen.

Ok. And in rebuttal however he has stated that in his interim jobs he has let the coordinators handle game planning and play calls. So he doesn't even trust himself when he is trying to win HC jobs. And I know you are looking at this as a fan but why would any coach consider hiring a guy to recruit for the next HC? No coach has that as a criteria for one of their assistant coaches.

HSVDawg
11-19-2016, 11:36 PM
Ok. And in rebuttal however he has stated that in his interim jobs he has let the coordinators handle game planning and play calls. So he doesn't even trust himself when he is trying to win HC jobs. And I know you are looking at this as a fan but why would any coach consider hiring a guy to recruit for the next HC? No coach has that as a criteria for one of their assistant coaches.

I know that Mullen isn't looking at it that way and said that in my OP. Just saying that it wouldn't be the worst result in the world even if Mullen brought in O for more conventional hiring reasons.

dawgday166
11-19-2016, 11:37 PM

1. O
2. Jim Leavitt
3. Erik Chenander (UCF)

You missed some other candidates ...
Saban
Meyer
Harbaugh
Herman

CadaverDawg
11-19-2016, 11:42 PM
Strong will be a head coach, just not at Texas next year. He won't be a DC.

That being said, Sirmon has got to go. Now. I'm not usually one to want a guy fired after one year, but he is awful. Our D has the majority of our talent, and somehow it has turned in to the worst MSU defense I have ever seen in my lifetime. It's time to chalk this one up as a failed hire and begin the search. Air would have only given up 7 more points than our D tonight.....think about that, Not a joke. It is time to Fire Sirmon tonight. Period. Before this shit infects us too deep to where we can't overcome it for years. I don't want our players on D thinking this is anywhere near acceptable. Fire his ass now

GTHOM
11-19-2016, 11:43 PM
The only DCs we are getting is retreads or yes men to Dan Walsh. Yall will get it one day, it aint the DCs fault. Its CDM all the way

CadaverDawg
11-19-2016, 11:50 PM
The only DCs we are getting is retreads or yes men to Dan Walsh. Yall will get it one day, it aint the DCs fault. Its CDM all the way

Offense wasn't the problem, and I'd take a Manny Diaz or Geoff Collins performance in a heartbeat, so he's shown he can get a decent DC.

MarketingBully
11-19-2016, 11:54 PM
Offense wasn't the problem, and I'd take a Manny Diaz or Geoff Collins performance in a heartbeat, so he's shown he can get a decent DC.

Playing Arkansas' D was like playing against air. Offense was the problem when we went down 38-14. Arkansas' defense was shit too. We passed the ball 33 times on a rush defense ranked in the 100s. That is dumb as hell.

GTHOM
11-19-2016, 11:57 PM

Mullen has his hands all on the defense too dont fool yourself. Diaz and Collins both left. Only difference is he tried to leave with Manny. Collins left because he was tired of his shit. And yes before all of the Mullenites wrath befalls me, part of the reason was because it was to UF. But a DC to DC move isnt exactly a big step up

CadaverDawg
11-19-2016, 11:58 PM
Playing Arkansas' D was like playing against air. Offense was the problem when we went down 38-14. Arkansas' defense was shit too. We passed the ball 33 times on a rush defense ranked in the 100s. That is dumb as hell.

Ha, that doesn't matter, we scored 42 AND LOST! At home! For you to say the offense should take an ounce of blame is absurd.

Really Clark?
11-20-2016, 12:00 AM

And we ran it 35. And we were down 4 scores. You have to pass it more

CadaverDawg
11-20-2016, 12:01 AM
Mullen has his hands all on the defense too dont fool yourself. Diaz and Collins both left. Only difference is he tried to leave with Manny. Collins left because he was tired of his shit. And yes before all of the Mullenites wrath befalls me, part of the reason was because it was to UF. But a DC to DC move isnt exactly a big step up

What's your point? Mullen hired Manny AND Geoff, and both were above average to good DC's. So either A) Mullen CAN hire good DC's or B) If Mullen DOES have a hand in the D, he's done a pretty damn good job the last 7 years. The only thing y'all can pin on Mullen is a bad hire or if he retains Sirmon's sorry ass after next Saturday.

GTHOM
11-20-2016, 12:04 AM
What's your point? Mullen hired Manny AND Geoff, and both were above average to good DC's. So either A) Mullen CAN hire good DC's or B) If Mullen DOES have a hand in the D, he's done a pretty damn good job the last 7 years. The only thing y'all can pin on Mullen is a bad hire or if he retains Sirmon's sorry ass after next Saturday.

Done a good job????????????? Bro people have wanted to fire every single DC Mullen has had. It aint the DC's fault. Mullen is going to Mullen. The defense will not change as long as he is here. Its been 8 years. Jesus Christ. Yeah Diaz was so good we had to get him as a retread from La Tech for 1 year.

Tripp McNeely
11-20-2016, 12:10 AM
You missed some other candidates ...
Saban
Meyer
Harbaugh
Herman

When the candidates that I mention are realistic, and you go hyperbole with your sarcasm, it doesn't sound smart.

Why couldn't we get any of the guys I listed? I literally cannot wait to hear your "analysis"!! We're talking about a soon to be unemployed guy and UCF, Indiana and Colorado's D coordinator. How the hell could we not get those guys?!?!

CadaverDawg
11-20-2016, 12:10 AM
Done a good job????????????? Bro people have wanted to fire every single DC Mullen has had. It aint the DC's fault. Mullen is going to Mullen. The defense will not change as long as he is here. Its been 8 years. Jesus Christ. Yeah Diaz was so good we had to get him as a retread from La Tech for 1 year.

Dude, I know it's not going along with the "gotta get Mullen out of here" agenda you and others are trying to run with...but if the last 7 years have you this upset, you need to take a step back. Our D has not been that bad the last 7 years...definitely not as bad as the shit we're seeing right now. So which one is it? Is Dan responsible for ALL the defenses under him, including the really good ones? Or just the shitty ones? Y'all may need to pow wow and get the narrative straight bc it isn't adding up. Sorry.

Comparing our last 7 defenses to this one and trying to use it to make a "Fire Mullen" push, makes zero sense.

GTHOM
11-20-2016, 12:16 AM
Dude, I know it's not going along with the "gotta get Mullen out of here" agenda you and others are trying to run with...but if the last 7 years have you this upset, you need to take a step back. Our D has not been that bad the last 7 years...definitely not aOs bad as the shit we're seeing right now. So which one is it? Is Dan responsible for ALL the defenses under him, including the really good ones? Or just the shitty ones? Y'all may need to pow wow and get the narrative straight bc it isn't adding up. Sorry.

Comparing our last 7 defenses to this one and trying to use it to make a "Fire Mullen" push, makes zero sense.

Ok. 1A 1B that everyone blames the 2014 collapse on was completely a Mullen deal. To your point this defense is worse than the last 7 he has had, but the only damn good defense we had was 2010 and that was because we had several NFL starters and some NFL starters on the bench. Mullen has been more involved on defense this year than he ever has before, he doesnt trust Sirmon. Mullen's problem is he is incredibly hard to work for because he is always going to micromanage and he will throw his DC under the bus in a heartbeat. He's done it to every single one we've ever had. He liked Manny the most because Manny was a connection to Miami.

Really Clark?
11-20-2016, 12:23 AM
Ok. 1A 1B that everyone blames the 2014 collapse on was completely a Mullen deal. To your point this defense is worse than the last 7 he has had, but the only damn good defense we had was 2010 and that was because we had several NFL starters and some NFL starters on the bench. Mullen has been more involved on defense this year than he ever has before, he doesnt trust Sirmon. Mullen's problem is he is incredibly hard to work for because he is always going to micromanage and he will throw his DC under the bus in a heartbeat. He's done it to every single one we've ever had. He liked Manny the most because Manny was a connection to Miami.

The 1A/1B was not a Mullen deal. The staff decided on that to help combat going a lot more hurry up on offense. Collins had a major input on developing that.

CadaverDawg
11-20-2016, 12:25 AM

Not going to get in a pissing match, but if Mullen being hard to deal with or involved in the D, leads us to 8/9/10 wins like the last several years....I still don't see the big negative. Nobody knows how much Mullen is involved in D, so it's all speculation. I'm just saying for someone to complain about "____ has been going on his entire tenure", doesn't really make sense considering the Mullen tenure is the best in school history, does it? In other words, are our fans really silly enough to view things that are being repeatedly done during the best stretch in our history as things that need to be wiped out, our "fireable offenses"? Come on guys, I'm not saying Mullen is invincible, but we gotta think about this a little deeper iyam.

GTHOM
11-20-2016, 12:26 AM
The 1A/1B was not a Mullen deal. The staff decided on that to help combat going a lot more hurry up on offense. Collins had a major input on developing that.

Collins hasnt done it since but to your point UF isnt no huddle. Im just posting what I heard/know personally. Mullen was heavily involved with 1A 1B. And it did not make any sense.

CadaverDawg
11-20-2016, 12:28 AM
Collins hasnt done it since

Neither has Dan

GTHOM
11-20-2016, 12:30 AM
Neither has Dan

True, but we also are up tempo no huddle now as well. Im just telling you, Mullen has his hands on the defense. And it has hurt us. Getting a new DC every year has hurt us. Now its a shit sandwhich and we all have to take a bite

DogsofAnarchy
11-20-2016, 12:03 PM
This post is exactly right.

QUOTE=GTHOM;653922]Mullen has his hands all on the defense too dont fool yourself. Diaz and Collins both left. Only difference is he tried to leave with Manny. Collins left because he was tired of his shit. And yes before all of the Mullenites wrath befalls me, part of the reason was because it was to UF. But a DC to DC move isnt exactly a big step up[/QUOTE]

Dawgsfanalongtime77
11-20-2016, 12:14 PM
Strong will be a head coach, just not at Texas next year. He won't be a DC.

That being said, Sirmon has got to go. Now. I'm not usually one to want a guy fired after one year, but he is awful. Our D has the majority of our talent, and somehow it has turned in to the worst MSU defense I have ever seen in my lifetime. It's time to chalk this one up as a failed hire and begin the search. Air would have only given up 7 more points than our D tonight.....think about that, Not a joke. It is time to Fire Sirmon tonight. Period. Before this shit infects us too deep to where we can't overcome it for years. I don't want our players on D thinking this is anywhere near acceptable. Fire his ass now

It wasn't just a failed hire but a lazy one from Mullen. Not sure which is worse